Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wake baseball program what Clemson should inspire to be
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,051

Wake baseball program what Clemson should inspire to be

May 12, 2024, 2:25 PM

No doubt about it Wake is the cream of the crop in the ACC in baseball. Don’t care what their record was coming in to this weekend. They are the best team in ACC when healthy & playing to their potential. They have more MLB prospects on their roster than anybody in the ACC by a long shot. This weekend showed just how big the gap between the two programs is currently. But their is no reason Clemson can’t close ground & become a similar program. If Wake can become a power house why not Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we need a plastic field.***

May 12, 2024, 2:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Wake baseball program what Clemson should inspire to be

May 12, 2024, 2:30 PM

Wake has been a good team for decades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 2:35 PM

True. But, they are on different level now. They went from really good to really great & dominating. Especially when it comes to pitching.

May 12, 2024, 4:09 PM

Because they have given up on football and basketball. Do you see clemson doing that anytime soon? But CB has mentioned several times they are working hard on a few projects to help make clemson baseball elite

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 7:24 PM

Why would we aspire to have a bunch of great players and barely be able to play above .500 in our conference. I'll take a bunch of underachievers who lay it on the line and play much better than they should. Of course, I do aspire to get better players and have them overachieve. That would be nice! We have the right coach!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2024, 7:45 PM

Don’t let their record fool you. When healthy that is head & shoulders the best team in the ACC. They have more top MLB prospects than any one team in the ACC & it is not even close. Just today on the broadcast they mentioned Wake had three first round draft picks this draft alone. That is what I am talking about. Wake as a program is right now the cream of the crop in ACC. Don’t believe me just watch what they do in post season. Agree have right coach. & he will get us there but right now I think Wake top dog in ACC. There was a reason they were ranked #1 to start season.

May 12, 2024, 8:20 PM

Maybe we do need a pitching lab and even more upgrades to DKS?

May 12, 2024, 8:21 PM

https://www.wakeforestpitchinglab.com/

DR. KRISTEN NICHOLSON

May 13, 2024, 9:37 AM

She's from Clover, SC and a graduate of Clemson:

https://godeacs.com/staff-directory/dr-kristen-nicholson/576

May 13, 2024, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Wake baseball program what Clemson should inspire to be ]

Not sure what they plan on doing with the temporary "barn" behind RF that is now the weight room as renovations are underway. Should be done by Jan 2025 - then maybe that becomes a pitching facility right next to the hitting facility?

May 13, 2024, 11:55 AM

So WF is 2 games behind Clemson in the ACC standings with 3 games left??? If WF is great, what does that make Clemson? One great weekend does not define greatness.

BTW, Clemson does not need to emulated anything from WF, Clemson is Clemson. 12 - 3 College World Series appearances tells the tale.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2024, 12:31 PM

I think you meant "aspire."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,051
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next