Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA QB sues Napier, et. al.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 4640

UGA QB sues Napier, et. al.

May 21, 2024, 7:06 PM

I won't even try to comment on this.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgia-qb-jaden-rashada-sues-florida-coach-billy-napier-among-others-over-botched-13-85m-nil-deal/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA QB sues Napier, et. al.

May 21, 2024, 7:26 PM

It’s all just gross and sad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2024, 7:29 PM

And other than the fraud part the same scenario is playing out with every other five star QB that comes down the pike.

So you're saying that only crime...

May 22, 2024, 1:25 PM

...is criminal?

May 21, 2024, 7:31 PM

but, but, but the NIL has 'nothing' to do with the school. right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost As If Dabo Has The Gift Of Prophetic Utterances

May 21, 2024, 7:48 PM

He told everyone who wanted NIL money that it would end up being a massive quagmire. Nobody listed, and to think, this is only the beginning of sorrows.

GO TIGERS!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Almost As If Dabo Has The Gift Of Prophetic Utterances

May 21, 2024, 7:55 PM

It do cause me to wonder when it all ends with removing sports from colleges bc it has to have an ending bc it will get to where colleges will want to wash their hands with the college sports with the way that it has evolved!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, this is my dream scenario.

May 22, 2024, 7:45 AM

It would make me very happy if Clemson, along with 20-30 like-minded institutions said “f it”. Eliminated scholarships…heck, eliminated recruiting…removed themselves from the big tv contracts and streamed their games on a network for little to no money.

I think a D-3 head football coach makes about $100k a year. That seems fair. I’d watch.

I know it will never happen and that competing at the highest level is an unquestioned goal of an institution of higher learning, but everyone sees it is gross and no one seems to be able to fix it.

null

Re: Honestly, this is my dream scenario.

May 22, 2024, 1:06 PM

Um,…..no. Just no. 🤪

Re: Honestly, this is my dream scenario.

May 22, 2024, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Honestly, this is my dream scenario. ]

Oh no...you are going to have every Crack head college football carpetbagger raising health and human services with you...these thugs(not us but others) need more money as preparations H...college football has lost its way and many a Clemson alum wants portal, NIL, MO money for those just out of HS trying to learn something! We are teaching them the wrong lessons...Dabo has tried but t h ey are all arrayed against him...I feel that college student athlete based football is doomed!

the way to fix it is to have a class action lawsuit

May 22, 2024, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Honestly, this is my dream scenario. ]

That says a public funded university must have a minimum admission standard that does not slide downward based on physical attributes. Put the student back in student athlete.

Do that and the NFL will be forced to setup a farm system to keep the talent pipeline open.

Not workable.

May 22, 2024, 10:46 PM

That would establish unequal treatment between public and private schools.

It would allow states to lower their admission requirements for everyone to accommodate the athletes.

It would potentially create different standards for different states. Advantage to the lower admission standards states.

"Remove themselves from the big TV contracts"...

May 22, 2024, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Honestly, this is my dream scenario. ]

Riiiiight. Bwahahahahaha!!!

Not even...on either count

May 22, 2024, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Almost As If Dabo Has The Gift Of Prophetic Utterances ]

College football is fine...

College football makes more money than ever.

No university us going to kill that cash cow.

This is a single fraud case. It's not an indictment for the thousands of other NIL deals that are legit and that work out fine.

Unlike the "non quagmire" of bagmen, Corvettes,

May 22, 2024, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Almost As If Dabo Has The Gift Of Prophetic Utterances ]

houses for mommy, no show jobs, and assistant coaching jobs for daddy that used to be the norm?

May 21, 2024, 7:55 PM

That was one story I actually read, very interesting and sounds like a lot of lawyer he said she said.

Youre far from qualified to discuss legal proceedings.***

May 21, 2024, 8:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2024, 8:13 PM

This is the same lawyer that represented Deshaun Watson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also represented Roger Clemons many moons ago.***

May 21, 2024, 8:17 PM

May 21, 2024, 8:17 PM

Ok - so this character is on his 3rd college and he's been out of HS for 2 years now right? He's the 4th string QB at UGA which might pay him 135.80 but missed out on 13.85M at FL but he could have gotten $9M from Miami. Again, he is now the 4th string QB at UGA. Sounds like his handlers dropped the ball here. Should have taken the Canes $9M but he got greedy.

Pigs get fed, Hogs get slaughtered. Good luck Buddy, get better advice next time, if there ever is one.

May 21, 2024, 8:23 PM

Maybe Florida wouldn't let him see the contract. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rim shot!***

May 21, 2024, 8:43 PM

The obliteration of the once great, and I mean great, sport of college football

May 21, 2024, 8:29 PM

sadly continues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not even.

May 22, 2024, 2:04 PM

College football is fine.

Re: Not even.

May 22, 2024, 2:21 PM

Inhaled...Coot!

If you want to peg your credibility meter in zero...

May 22, 2024, 10:48 PM

Keep calling Clemson alums "Coot".

Yes, I'm a Clemson alum. Are you?

May 21, 2024, 8:30 PM

Well done kid. You will get a nice 2-3 million dollar settlement for doing absolutely nothing. Exactly what kids these days think is normal

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lets make the next learning lesson in taxes and fees

May 21, 2024, 8:37 PM

2 mil settlement - 1.333 left at best after atty fee - tax - maybe 800 left - Credit card and other debt because he thought he had 2 mil - 900k - better get a good degree at UGA

Message was edited by: terrier2®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lets make the next learning lesson in taxes and fees

May 22, 2024, 7:56 AM

My thoughts exactly.

However much it is, it's more than he has now.

May 22, 2024, 12:27 PM [ in reply to lets make the next learning lesson in taxes and fees ]

That's enough to buy mama a nice house in Athens.

Re: However much it is, it's more than he has now.

May 22, 2024, 2:22 PM

Why don't hid daddy do that!

May 21, 2024, 8:40 PM

Me, me, me is the mentality

May 22, 2024, 9:50 AM

As opposed to the "me, me, me" mentality the NCAA and the universities had for decades while they exploited the streets for money?

{sarcasm}

May 22, 2024, 2:37 PM

I do think it's funny that everyone is from the streets now. In the 70s it was mostly poor guys playing football, I bet. No one was complaining ab money then. They were ecstatic to play and get free food and college.

And under the table $$ from the bagmen...

May 22, 2024, 10:50 PM

and sports cars, and free houses for mama, and no show jobs, and assistant coaching jobs for daddy...

May 21, 2024, 9:53 PM

nobody had the spending authority to approve that much money

no way he wins

NIL collectives have the spending authority...

May 22, 2024, 12:26 PM

...to spend as much as they have.

UF doesn't need spending authority, because they didn't offer the kid a dime.

The problem was that the NIL collective that supports UF didn't have the money they promised. That's fraud.

The only way that UF and/or Napier are in the book for damages is if it can be proved that they knowingly participated in the scheme.

May 22, 2024, 4:23 AM

The NCAA needs to create a seperate division/league for teams who wish to use professional athletes---- defined as anyone who takes money for a service. The league members should be allowed to even take athletes who have finished their 7 years floating between colleges and are playing pro ball somewhere. UGa, Ohio State, So Cal and Michigan come to mind. They could even play on Sundays like the NFL. Then, a league of colleges which do not participate in payoffs should be formed.

That would be illegal.

May 22, 2024, 9:09 AM

Violation of federal law and at least 1 federal injunction.

Re: That would be illegal.

May 22, 2024, 2:27 PM

Was this not resolved with Thorpe 1952...these by federal law from the Supreme Court of US are professional athletes...that decision killed a very lucrative semi pro system in baseball that before television produced great baseball in small towns across America! Are going to give these a pass!

May 22, 2024, 7:39 AM

Should Rashada’s former team be able to sue Georgia and him for underperforming there?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

May 22, 2024, 7:48 AM

If I were the UF AD, I might consider using this as a reason to fire Napier for cause and avoid the buyout payment.

Interesting thought.

May 22, 2024, 1:27 PM

Not gonna happen, but interesting.

CFB is now Business

May 22, 2024, 8:07 AM

litigation is a hobby for some

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 8:45 AM

I want to see the emails, texts and listen to the phone recordings before I'll believe most of this. How much was he going to give to charity?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 8:45 AM

I feel like I live under a rock... When the heck did he end up at Georgia? Over/under 1.5 more transfers before he exhausts his eligibility.

May 22, 2024, 9:16 AM

This kid is heading to a bad ending. You can write it down.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 9:51 AM

I thought NFL rookies getting millions of dollars at such a young age was just setting them up for trouble. The only reason Napier will be on the sideline this year is because no one would want to face the Gator's schedule. I don't know how deep he's involved but Rashada claims coach specifically said he'd get it done. That's an NCAA violation for what it's worth. The booster seems to have welched and left everyone in a lurch but if coaches were making promises based on the booster they're part of the problem. If both Dabo and Napier visited a HS senior, do you think he'd sign with Clemson for no NIL their freshman year or with Napier based on an empty promise?

The NCAA violation you mentioned...

May 22, 2024, 11:07 AM

is a rule that the federal courts have deemed illegal.

From the states of Tennessee and Virginia vs NCAA case, where the NCAA went after Tennessee's QB Nico Iamaleava and his NIL collective, Spyre, for supposedly violating that rule. The injunction in that case prevents the NCAA from enforcing any of their rules about NIL or from infringing on it in any way.

Nowadays, anyone that cites the old, illegal NCAA rules about NIL, boosters, or transfers needs to get current with the legal situation.

"The NCAA is not above the law".
SCOTUS Justice Kavanaugh,
NCAA vs Alston

Would love to see the headline"Napier counter sues"

May 22, 2024, 10:33 AM

QB and group of lawyers who seek to financially benefit from fraudulent deal collapse.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 12:51 PM

Some of you may recall that I mentioned a good friend of mine told me early on that the quarterback from Texas who visited Clemson and Alabama, DJ Lagway, and eventually signed with Florida, was told by both Dabo and Saban that there would only be NIL money if he came to their schools and played. Neither promised him NIL money to come. He wound up signing with Florida, because they did offer him money, so this seems to validate it.

College football is over. We just haven't come

May 22, 2024, 1:56 PM

To acceptance yet. There is no way anyone will continue to care who wins, if everyone knows its just the highest bidder. There's simply no way for a winner to matter in that scenario.

Nope. The sky is not falling, despite

May 22, 2024, 2:06 PM

the Chicken Littles that claim that it is.

Re: Nope. The sky is not falling, despite

May 22, 2024, 2:39 PM

It will for a lot of people who will no longer support their university's athletic programs. I would be surprised if that does not happen.

There may be a few, but...

May 22, 2024, 3:17 PM

...they won't be enough to moe the needle much.

The interest that all of the changes is bringing in will more than offset the viewership losses. There is an entire generation waiting in the wings that won't know any other way.

NIL collectives and their lawyers aren't stupid. They aren't going to shell out millions for a failed model. They are still shelling out millions.

College and AD's generally are stupid, either. They aren't going to kill the gravy train.

Re: There may be a few, but...

May 22, 2024, 3:56 PM

Interesting story. A good lesson for all 4 and 5 star recruits. You better get it in writing. Not sure were his parents were. If my son was a 5 star, I 'd have a lawyer. If big school were offering $ they would have to email the attorney all offers. That task would cut down on tampering and annoying boosters calls.

May 22, 2024, 4:56 PM

This is great news. Once these super elite rich dudes start seeing this as a "No good deed goes unpunished" situation, they will get some needed changes made.

Replies: 56
| visibility 4640
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic