Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two Stats I Never Want to Hear Again
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,751

Two Stats I Never Want to Hear Again

Mar 27, 2024, 1:47 PM

1) Brad Brownell has the most wins in Clemson History
2) Brad Brownell has the most losses in Clemson History

We get it, he’s been here a while… tacking it on to other points is useless

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two Stats I Never Want to Hear Again

Mar 27, 2024, 2:21 PM

Add 14 years of mediocrity which is simply not true.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How would you describe those 14 years?***

Mar 27, 2024, 2:52 PM

Re: How would you describe those 14 years?***

Mar 27, 2024, 3:02 PM

Well, CBB has been to the dance 4 times which is unusual at Clemson and made the sweet 16 twice. So 14 years of mediocrity is obviously not true for those years. We won 22 games last year which was one of our best years so that was not mediocre. I have not bothered to look year by year but maybe 6-7 of the years were mediocre, 2-3 good and four great years based on our history and any reasonable analysis.

Hope this helps folks understand that words mean things which needs to match reality to be true.

Three top 40 finishes in 14 years is straight up mediocre.***

Mar 27, 2024, 3:43 PM

3 top 40 finishes in 14 years is NOT mediocre, it's BAD - for an athletic

Mar 28, 2024, 10:36 AM

department of Clemson's stature of the last 14 years.

NOTE IDIOTS - I DID NOT say "as compared to Clemson's PATHETIC basketball history of the last 100 years".

You clowns keep using that as some kinda standard - and it IS a standard . . . . of what historical suckage looks like.

And it is in NO WAY relevant to what we should be striving for and what we SHOULD have been striving for as the last 14 years have gone to waste . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

If we have 23 wins but lose in the 1st round of the NIT to Morehead while

Mar 27, 2024, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: How would you describe those 14 years?*** ]

finishing 60th in the NET, below Kent State for example, I’m guessing your weird self thinks that’s a great season?

Re: If we have 23 wins but lose in the 1st round of the NIT to Morehead while

Mar 27, 2024, 4:24 PM

finishing 60th in the NET, below Kent State for example, I’m guessing your weird self thinks that’s a great season?

We finished in the top four in the conference which has only been done a couple of times in our history so it was a very good year. The NIT had nothing to do with it as the team mailed in in due to the disappointment of being passed over. Not unusual for a team to play uninspired ball in that situation.

Re: If we have 23 wins but lose in the 1st round of the NIT to Morehead while

Mar 27, 2024, 4:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool story, bro. Not reality, but you go with it.

Mar 28, 2024, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: If we have 23 wins but lose in the 1st round of the NIT to Morehead while ]

It is what is was and no BS will change 60th.

Re: How would you describe those 14 years?***

Mar 27, 2024, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: How would you describe those 14 years?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2024, 3:17 PM

So a coach half of whose seasons are, by admission, mediocre, is somehow a great coach? Sorry, doesn't make sense.

Right ? He "admitted" that - even though it is STILL wildly INFLATED to make

Mar 28, 2024, 10:38 AM

his man crush seem more better than he really is.

HOW DO YOU FINISH is what matters.

We have FINISHED in the Top FORTY - 40 - FORTY . . . . 3 times in 14 years. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Mar 27, 2024, 3:50 PM

It took Scott Drew years at Baylor to build them into a natty team. He had some up and down years. BB has not done a stellar job over the course of his time here but last season was an improvement and this season he's taken us to the sweet 16 and I think we'll beat Arizona tomorrow too.

Lets not deny its taken a while to "get there". But BB is there now and whining about the past is not doing anyone any good.

Last season we were 60th in the NET

Mar 27, 2024, 3:57 PM

We were 81st the year before so 2023 technically was an “improvement” but come on… last season was not one to count as legendary even by Clemson standards.

And too, Clemson history does not affect the grading of results today.

Great season by Brad and Co. It was expected. Brads tenure tells us we will fall off losing this great roster, but he deserves another year obviously.

Point is, three top 40 finishes in 14 years isn’t moving the bar. Haven’t even stringed two of those season together, and next year will be very challenging considering the depleted roster.

Re: Last season we were 60th in the NET

Mar 27, 2024, 4:05 PM

Clemson isn't firing a sweet 16 coach so the point is moot. Everyone might as well get over the butt hurt and enjoy beating Arizona tomorrow.

Re: Last season we were 60th in the NET

Mar 27, 2024, 8:36 PM

I’ll drink to that… Go Tigers!

Mar 27, 2024, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Two Stats I Never Want to Hear Again ]

Agreed, hope this is the point where we turn the corner and play with more consistency… for me that means making the tournament every other year, minimum

Mar 27, 2024, 4:09 PM

Lost more games that counted than any other coach at Clemson ever. Won more games than….. never mind that won’t work.

Just ignore this post please, pretend it’s not here and don’t read into it, please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 27, 2024, 8:34 PM

Hmm, not sure what you’re taking away from this, but my goal is to get both ends of the spectrum (Brownell Pumpers vs Brownell Haters) to be kinder to one another.

I’m also just sick and tired of hearing the same stats be used over and over and over again.

Mar 27, 2024, 9:27 PM

congrats, you may just get a lifetime of Brad. Wooo hooo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2024, 7:54 AM

I’ve heard more engaging Ted Talks than yours. But not many.

https://youtu.be/UMMxvmGlkyM?si=meVBJkAOuTVQdFII

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm willing to bet....

Mar 28, 2024, 8:33 AM

He has the MOST posts or topics created (good and bad) of a coach at Clemson on TNet

And that's saying something since we have Dabo who has won multiple National Championships at Clemson

Mar 28, 2024, 10:30 AM

To be fair, the "most losses in Clemson history" is always in response to the idiots who point out "most wins"

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,751
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic