Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sirus Question**
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 701

Sirus Question**

Apr 16, 2024, 8:00 PM

How many baseballs do we use in a game ?? anyone know an average count ??? just curious**

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sirus Question**

Apr 16, 2024, 8:04 PM

About 1/10 or 1/20 th of what is used in majors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few games back,

Apr 16, 2024, 8:07 PM

I remember hearing one Brad Owens saying they usually go through five dozen balls a game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to this website 24-30 balls.

Apr 16, 2024, 8:07 PM

https://99baseballs.com/equipment/baseballs/how-many-baseballs-are-used-in-an-mlb-game/

I thought it would be more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Apr 16, 2024, 8:12 PM

I've wondered the same thing.

Also are all the balls "mudded" similar like a football for preparation??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try to save a life a day, usually it is my own.

Apr 16, 2024, 8:22 PM

Yes, they are mudded just not same as MLB. There is guy in New England that provides all the river clay for MLB balls.

Apr 17, 2024, 12:07 PM

I saw online that a baseball used in College games costs the university between $7 and 12$ each. These players tossing balls into the stands is costing a LOT of money. Do these entitles brats think that stuff is FREE?? Maybe if they had to pay for them out of their pocket instead of ours, they would not toss them away.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2024, 12:33 PM

use to, you could turn em' in for a free T-shirt or a Hot Dog ??? Not able to get to games anymore but watch em' all on ACCNX -- sure miss going to the games*****

Apr 18, 2024, 6:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Sirus Question** ]

WOW! Are you serious? You must be fun at parties! These spoiled brats work their ### off daily and the athletic budget at CU bugets for baseballs. So they spend an extra $100 every home game to make fans happy and have a better game experience, big deal!

Why don't you just go to every game and take all the foul balls from the little kids running around to get them and have huge smiles on their face. You could turn them in for a free coke or something. Would this make you feel better?

Replies: 8
| visibility 701
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic