Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Losing RJ Godfrey is going to hurt big time next years
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,801

Losing RJ Godfrey is going to hurt big time next years

Apr 18, 2024, 1:57 PM

M Basketball team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No it's not.

Apr 18, 2024, 2:01 PM

RJ averaged a little over 15 minutes a game, scoring around 6 points per game and pulling down roughly 3.5 rebounds a game. Those numbers are easily replaceable next year.

Obviously, we expected bigger things for him next year. I thought he would start, which would mean increased minutes and improved production. How many more minutes, and how much more production he would've had remained to be seen. Would he flourish in a bigger role? Would he not? We don't know.

While I was excited about him and his future here, I don't think losing him is that big of a deal. I'm much more concerned about replacing PJ Hall's production, which will largely be up to Schieffelin as well as new transfers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

You really are

Apr 18, 2024, 2:43 PM

a miserable person! I'm sure if he was staying and hadn't left your boy, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread and would be predicted to average 14 and 10 next season, but because he dared defy Brown the Clown, he is no good and not a loss. Your demeanor and attitude are pathetic!!!!!!

Re: You really are

Apr 20, 2024, 10:10 AM

If you extrapolate his numbers with starter minutes where he plays most of the game, 14 and 10 seems reasonable. I too consider that a loss that will be challenging to replace.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No it's not.

Apr 18, 2024, 3:20 PM [ in reply to No it's not. ]

He had tons of potential and showed it. He is a big loss. He would have shined for us.

Godfrey improved so much during the year....foul shooting, 3 pt. shooting

Apr 18, 2024, 3:57 PM [ in reply to No it's not. ]

That was noticed by the other Power 5 schools, and his loss will come back to haunt us big time...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You told us Back in April that he had more NBA upside than

Apr 18, 2024, 5:00 PM [ in reply to No it's not. ]

anyone on the roster.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2024, 7:01 AM [ in reply to No it's not. ]

I agree that it’s not a huge loss in regards to last years production but like you mentioned the hope was that he was going to take that next step. It’s not just us obviously but it sucks when we put a lot into developing a player then they bolt. It’s part of the game now but it absolutely sucks. Brad is going to have to go get two more very solid players out of the portal to make up for the losses of JG and PJ if we are to make another tournament run.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2024, 7:03 AM

We already have the JG replacement. Jake Heiderbreder from Air Force. He can shoot

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JK, I wish your fantasies had a sliver of reality

Apr 20, 2024, 11:10 AM [ in reply to No it's not. ]

Unless we win this year’s portal, we will be barely a shadow of last year’s team. Godfrey was key.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: Losing RJ Godfrey is going to hurt big time next years

Apr 18, 2024, 2:18 PM

Agreed. I really liked his effort and thought he and Ian were going to be solid next year. Hate to see him leave.

Perhaps picking up a center from the portal influenced his decision.

Oh well, so much us fans don’t/won’t know. Sigh….

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Apr 18, 2024, 4:04 PM

It was NEVER going to be him and Ian. Our fans need to realize that and quit acting like that’s what we missed out on. Brad was never going to have Ian as a 5 and RJ as a 4. Never. RJ was still Ian’s backup period

Apr 19, 2024, 5:41 AM

Sorry to whoever got butthurt by this post 😂 facts are facts. RJ was not going to start at the 4 for us

Apr 18, 2024, 2:29 PM

lots of potential but who knows. He was foul prone and PJ could still come back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. He showed improvement as the year progressed, and had the potential and

Apr 18, 2024, 2:31 PM

ability to play a much more significant role going forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 18, 2024, 3:56 PM

He chose to leave.

Apr 18, 2024, 4:47 PM

I hated to see him go and had high hopes but we need to see who else we get out of the portal before knowing if it will hurt or not. Regardless wish him the best.

It hurts our depth, but Godfrey was never starting

Mar 24, 2024, 8:10 AM

over Schieffelin at the PF spot.

Also, neither Schieffelin nor Godfrey are big enough to play C, so you could argue that Godfrey leaving opened up a transfer spot to get us someone who can actually play C for us.

Also, I'm not even sure PJ Hall goes pro. I think he'd be selected in the 2nd round, but it's entirely possible he goes undrafted. He did kind of get bullied around by bigger Centers in the NCAA Tournament against both Alabama and Arizona. His 3-point % also fell from .398 to .315 this year. I think both factors probably hurt his value as we get closer to the draft.

A lot of his value came from his versatility, but the truth is he may not be quite efficient either inside or outside to actually find a role in the NBA.

Nah. PJ is coming back.

Apr 19, 2024, 8:32 PM

He is not NBA ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2024, 10:22 PM

Maybe he will return.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,801
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next