Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If college football becomes more like NFL lite, with players being employees
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 551

If college football becomes more like NFL lite, with players being employees

Apr 25, 2024, 8:15 AM

of universities, will trading players become a thing. "Son, we just traded you to Oregon for their third string safety and their number two recruit from next year's class. We've enjoyed having you here but you better get packed up and get on a flight, I hear you have a statistics test at 10 tomorrow morning there. Good luck!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are being facetious, of course. But, if players get what they want, and DO

Apr 25, 2024, 8:28 AM

become paid employees of the University, then something like that is not so farfetched, after all. If we become an NFL minor league, like baseball has, players get traded ALL THE TIME. That pesky "college education" thing will become secondary, or get thrown out the window altogether. Will paid players even have to be enrolled as students?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe in 40 years players wont have to be enrolled, as the teams logos

Apr 25, 2024, 9:16 AM

are sold to the NFL and run by them…or some other absurd scenario. But for now, yes they'll be employees and no they aren't close to being able to be traded, you'd have to get Presidents and academics to admit that the student part isn't a part of 'student-athlete' once and for all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think if it gets that far, more coaches than Saban will be gone.

Apr 25, 2024, 9:38 AM [ in reply to You are being facetious, of course. But, if players get what they want, and DO ]

I can't see Dabo working in such a system.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has 115 million reasons to endure it.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Saban had millions of reasons as well, and retired

Apr 25, 2024, 3:45 PM

only so much money you can spend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, didn't mean to TD you***

Apr 25, 2024, 10:01 AM [ in reply to You are being facetious, of course. But, if players get what they want, and DO ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A college education is already secondary at this level of college football.***

Apr 25, 2024, 10:44 AM [ in reply to You are being facetious, of course. But, if players get what they want, and DO ]

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

How About Team Owners?

Apr 25, 2024, 10:06 AM

Clemson sells the rights to the football team to George Ross, alumni and business leader, for $400,000,000?

Re: If college football becomes more like NFL lite, with players being employees

Apr 25, 2024, 10:16 AM

Don't forget about Players Union strikes...

Re: If college football becomes more like NFL lite, with players being employees

Apr 25, 2024, 10:37 AM

Based on the federal law suit now against the NCAA re. NIL backpay and team revenue sharing with players, each Power 4 school will develop a fair share formula of the total revenue profit set aside to be paid to players. That could be 15%, 25%, 50% or some percentage and it will be shared with each player on the team. I think different position players will get different amounts based on value to team just as in the NFL.

Yes, the top 10 teams will have the most money to share and will get the best players, as they now do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will all be negotiated in the collective bargaining agreement.

Apr 25, 2024, 4:16 PM

Probably won't start off with trades, but I can see where there will be specific guidelines for continued employment. (18 year old kids won't walk onto campus with tenure. They will be on "annual contracts."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2024, 4:41 PM

College Football has become quite a "free-agent" entity now. NIL and the transfer portal certainly has changed the sport, and whatever coach ADAPTS to it the best will have be the dominant program in College sports. Loyalty is a thing of past, and a lot money, money, money "me, me, me, I, I, I involved.
"For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil", says a wise Apostle (Paul). Not money itself, but the LOVE of it. We all need money to live, it's the OBSESSION of it that corrupts.

Replies: 12
| visibility 551
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic