Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I honestly have a legitimate question.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 8
| visibility 1068

I honestly have a legitimate question.

May 20, 2024, 6:28 PM

Everyone seems very happy with Brads portal gets…..I’ve even seen some posts that say “Brads best team top to bottom with these latest transfers”.
Why is everyone so happy? Do we have enough intel on these new players ? I personally have never heard of any of them and none of them are on any top 10 transfer lists. Is it just because we have a full team and hopeful, or are these players better than what transferred out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I honestly have a legitimate question.

May 20, 2024, 6:43 PM

I would not go as far as to say this is his most talented team ever but I think it is a team that gives us a chance at another Big Dance. All but the Duke transfer (who is raw but with a lot of potential) come in with a lot of experience and played well against some good competition. Couple that with the AF shooting guard red shirt, and this year's #22 recruiting class, and then if Chase comes back as well, you have a very good nucleus to build upon.

When you consider all of this had to come together after the NCAAT run, it makes it even that much more impressive that so much got done in such little time.

Message was edited by: slwcu79®

2024 free_orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2024, 6:50 PM

Thanks

May 20, 2024, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I honestly have a legitimate question. ]

Very true . As a rule, Duke doesn’t offer free rides to a kid not capable of playing for them.

You can easily see how the transfers helped our team this year. BB is doing a great job with the portal. I think!

May 20, 2024, 6:55 PM

It is a legitimate quest. They guys he got were sought out by lots of solid programs so that is good. But lets face it half the roster is new. Key contributors back are Wiggins, Chaser, and Schieff. Everyone else is new to us. There is some talent but how long to click together will be the key.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2024, 8:06 PM

Big holes left. Big holes were filled. Production should be very similar to last year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2024, 8:16 PM

Pretty simple to do a little work and look stats for any player in the nation. Try it, you will find that work does not kill you.

May 20, 2024, 8:47 PM

96% of the time, when a person says a question is legitimate, it is not. There are ~ 4k college basketball players and the casual fan might be able to name 20 not on their team. The top 10 list of portal players likely gets $500k to $1m in NIL so they are not on our radar. If you research, we filled all needs with quality players. Those in the media who follow college basketball were very complimentary of our class. With so many new players the team will need to gel but knowledgeable fans know this roster gives us a great chance at another great season.

May 20, 2024, 9:57 PM

If anything decent players which 3 of these definitelly fall into this category bring plenty of experience as 3 years to 4 playing a lot. Reeves has talent but needs some more minutes before becomes dependable in a consistent rotation.

These decent players fill in holes needed from roster loses making up the quality depth needed which was indicated before. This team is loaded with experience and depth at almost every position.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1068
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next