Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum is in cognitive decline slamming hard up against 70. His days as an
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1332

Finebaum is in cognitive decline slamming hard up against 70. His days as an

May 21, 2024, 6:46 PM

analyst on any network are numbered. He says Dabo has 3-5 years left at Clemson. Here is a bet I would make with Paul or any of his fans. His days as an analyst will end before Dabo is done at Clemson. Has Finetooth not looked at Clemson? We've kept BB around for thirteen years with not much to show. Dabo has six straight playoff appearances, four title game appearances and tow national championships.

In an article in Athlon's Finemess is quoted, “People that graduated from Clemson, people that are Clemson fans, they don’t think Dabo Swinney is going to be there a long time. When I say long time, I mean three to five years. I think his time is nearly up.” Oooh great journalism there Paul. Did you interview any high level CU boosters? Did you talk with anyone with connections to the athletic department? I doubt it. Journalism has never been your strong suit. In fact I've seen little evidence that you conduct any journalistic work. Enjoy your next three to five years bud. I'm sure Dabo will send you a nice note on your way out the door.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum is in cognitive decline slamming hard up against 70. His days as an

May 21, 2024, 6:54 PM

Paycheck is too big for him to leave anytime soon. Lee Corso 88. Skip Bayless 72. As long as he is breathing and running his mouth ESPN will continue to wheel him out there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum is in cognitive decline slamming hard up against 70. His days as an

May 22, 2024, 4:13 PM

Paycheck size does not determine retirement age. Can't spend money once you're in the pine box.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's almost 70? That means in 6 or 8 more years...

May 21, 2024, 7:09 PM

...he'll be old enough to run for president.

Note: It's a bipartisan joke. Both guys running for POTUS are in their late 70's.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's almost 70? That means in 6 or 8 more years...

May 21, 2024, 7:10 PM

Age isn't the issue. There are plenty of sharp 90 years olds. The problem is cognitive abilities

And how is that working for us?***

May 21, 2024, 9:17 PM [ in reply to He's almost 70? That means in 6 or 8 more years... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2024, 7:09 PM

On a scale of one to Biden, how bad is the cognitive decline with Finebaum?

The fact that hes even mentioning Dabo means a few things.

May 21, 2024, 7:16 PM

Clemson fans have really irked Finebaum so much that we are in his head even when our program isn’t having elite results.

He’s laying the groundwork to talk a lot of #### before and after the UGA game. If Clemson happens to win this game, his ratings will soar because Clemson fans and anti SEC folks will flood his talk show to rub it in.

His current ratings are obviously low and he knows bring up Clemson will get him trending on TNet, which for some reason, tickles his fancy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fact that hes even mentioning Dabo means a few things.

May 21, 2024, 7:37 PM

Agreed.

I was at the airport today, my former Co-Capt was coming through with the Miss St women’s golf team. His A/C owner has a strong affiliation with that particular school & team. I met the Coach coming from the hangar into the lobby and I congratulated him on his season and told him I was a Clemson fan. He said, “Ohhhh, they’ve done really well”. I said, “Yeh, but you’ll never hear about it. Clemson fans are fed up with all the negative spin we get”.
He said, “they’re scared and y’all beat them”.

I might have to adopt the Miss St women’s golf team as a secondary rooting interest after that take.

Re: The fact that hes even mentioning Dabo means a few things.

May 21, 2024, 8:05 PM [ in reply to The fact that hes even mentioning Dabo means a few things. ]

Let him roll bc I really enjoyed watching him eat buzzard stew after all the big talk that he had going
of how Bama's best offense in the history of Bama FB was going to kick Clemson to sleep before the kickoff of our 2018 national championship game win!!! He choked on that buzzard stew from the Bama beat down for weeks after that game!!!!

Re: The fact that hes even mentioning Dabo means a few things.***

May 22, 2024, 8:58 AM [ in reply to The fact that hes even mentioning Dabo means a few things. ]

May 21, 2024, 7:59 PM

Well old revmarkg, I hope you make to 70 and find out there are millions of us geezers that have no cognitive decline. Good Luck.

I'm not that far away. Couple that with the fact that my dad died of Alzheimer's

May 21, 2024, 9:23 PM

and I am keenly aware of the signs of cognitive decline. Do I really believe Finebloom is in cognitive decline, at his age it would be unusual to not have some decline going on. That being said, it's late May and he needs something to keep himself relevant until fall camp opens. My bet still remains, his career comes to a close before Dabo's.

May 21, 2024, 9:38 PM

Pawl has predicted Clemson to lose every football game ever

Finebaum should grow out his hair into a ponytail

May 21, 2024, 10:16 PM

Get the Ben Franklin look going -- then we could take him slightly more seriously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Good one SocMan2 !!

May 21, 2024, 10:57 PM

Ha…but ole Ben was 10 x smarter than Fine!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excuse my French, but I think he's a lying sonuvab*tch,

May 22, 2024, 6:50 AM

because I can't imagine anyone with any connection to Clemson saying something like that.

My well-being at nearly 77 years of age is not predicated upon the success or failure of any sport, and Dabo Swinney has brought enough honor and prestige to my Alma Mater, that he can stay right where he is, as long as he wants, and I won't give a hoot in he1l about some moronic motormouth saying otherwise.

Hence, for me...Paul Finebomb and his ilk can kiss my assssss!

Message was edited by: hartins®

The Class of '69 is different!

May 22, 2024, 8:50 AM

and getting more different all the time! At least I feel the changes.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 7:16 AM

"3 to 5 years" can be said about any CFB head coach. #### they way people are dying suddenly, you could say that about pretty much anyone over the age of 40.

Finebaum is a dill-do with ears.

May 22, 2024, 8:24 AM

Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised to see Dabo retire in 5ish seasons.

What will have put in at the school for nearly 30 years. He's made more money than he could ever spend. Does not strike me as the type that is going to coach until he is close to death like Bowden or Beamer.

May 22, 2024, 8:58 AM

I will throw a party on that day the DWE's retires!

May 22, 2024, 9:02 AM

Well, Foundbloom didn't have much to start with so there's that. His fall would be more like stepping off a matchbox, rather that falling off a building........if you get my drift.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2024, 3:46 PM

Still a genius in his prime compared to Joe.

Nope. Dude is at the top of his game.

May 22, 2024, 3:50 PM

Look how bent out of shape you and others are over his most recent comments.

You are merely a pawn in his game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1332
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic