Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Apparently the sticky substance in the glove scheme hits a little closer
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,401

Apparently the sticky substance in the glove scheme hits a little closer

May 1, 2024, 8:49 AM

to home. This was when coach Bakich was at Meechegan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBtI0MDBNPs

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If ya ain't cheating ya ain't trying

May 1, 2024, 8:55 AM

or something like that.

Gaining unfair advantages is nothing new to sports. I imagine every athletic team tries to gain advantages any way they can, some are more obvious such as this Georgia pitcher. Blatant cheating cannot be allowed and has to be punished severely so that it helps to curtail the cheats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed and I'm not saying coaches have knowledge.

May 1, 2024, 8:58 AM

I mean the Georgia pitcher was getting something from a corner of the bullpen. It does seem like those types of ejections should also carry a multi-game suspension.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed and I'm not saying coaches have knowledge.

May 1, 2024, 9:02 AM

Weiss was suspended for multiple games…

Coach Bakich’s remarks at the time..

“It’s like when you’re a parent and your kid makes a mistake,” Bakich said. “You don’t love them any less but you have to admit you made a mistake. … That’s not part of our program”

Re: Agreed and I'm not saying coaches have knowledge.

May 1, 2024, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Agreed and I'm not saying coaches have knowledge. ]

Yeah, Obertop gets ejected and suspended a game for a so-called “bat flip” but everyone looks the other way with the Jawja pitcher smearing tack in his glove.

Re: Apparently the sticky substance in the glove scheme hits a little closer

May 1, 2024, 11:32 AM

Nothing will come of this for a multitude of reasons.

1. Circumstantial video evidence is not enough to warrant a suspension in this case. He needs to be caught in the act.

2. Most Coaches aren't going to have an opposing pitcher checked unless they know for certain everyone on their pitching staff is squeaky clean. Here's a little college baseball secret: No staff is 100% clean.

3. Chances are this guy gets checked in a regional are super regional game due to the lack of retaliation chances.

4. Here's the biggie. Most opposing players don't care if he's cheating for more grip. With the velocity that college pitchers are throwing now, they would rather them enhance their control by any means necessary. College pitchers don't have command of their pitches like pros do, so it really doesn't make that much difference.

If you want an indicator to who's using Spidertrack or any other substance, find the pitchers with the most blister problems or largest callouses on their fingertips.

The bigger story is which SEC team got caught with a live camera feed in the opposing teams dugout. Per Texas AM HC that team is hitting .306 at home and .206 in visiting and neutral parks. Thats an enormous advantage and manipulation of the game.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,401
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic