Played Outside linebacker for Daniel High School… ranked as the fifth overall prospect in the state of South Carolina and 30th best linebacker in the nation by 247sports…listed as the seventh best player in South Carolina and No. 32 linebacker by Rivals.com…named to the All-Region I-AAAA team… played for the South Carolina team in the Shrine Bowl…had 70 tackles during his senior season at Daniel High, he had 22 tackles for loss, five of which were sacks…had an 85-yard interception return for a touchdown against Westside early in the season…had season high 15 tackles against Pickens…also a starter as a sophomore and junior….played his high school football for Jeff Fruster….wore No. 15 at Daniel…also played on the Daniel basketball team in 2016-17…committed to Clemson on 12/18/2016, his dad’s birthday, he will sign with Clemson just two days after his dad’s birthday, Dec. 20, 2017… son of Clemson Defensive Coordinator Brent Venables, the winner of the 2016 Frank Broyles Award. …recruited by Brent Venables
S T A T S
He played in the Freshman All-American game in San Antonio.
- 1 week ago Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables has a missile he can throw at opposing offenses in defensive end Clelin Ferrell, who goes by the nickname CleMissile. With the addition of the 2018 recruiting class, Venables now has weapons of mass destruction.
Full Story »
- 1 month ago Dorman head coach David Gutshall is the head coach of the South Carolina squad in this week’s Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas, and that allowed us to catch up with him to ask about a few players. Full Story »
- 1 month ago Jake Venables is doing his best impersonation of his dad this week, recruiting top-notch players to the Clemson program while also taking time to enjoy the game he loves. As for his dad leaving the program to take a job somewhere else? Well, that isn’t happening, either. Not on Jake’s watch. Full Story »
- 1 month ago College and high school coaches and a smattering of fans descended on the practice fields behind Dorman High School Monday for the opening practice ahead of Saturday’s Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas. Full Story »
- 2 months ago Clemson football has had many big recruiting weekends, but this one may be the biggest, in terms of star power, under head coach Dabo Swinney. As far as official visits go, this may be the first time that Clemson has hosted five 5-star players in one weekend. Full Story »
- 2 months ago Clemson’s matchup with ACC Atlantic division rival Florida State is sure to bring out the stars, but the most anticipated prospect may not even be a football recruit. The football team will, of course, have plenty of talent on hand with several 2018 commits and prospects and younger prospects for the 2019 and 2020 cycles, but Brad Brownell and the basketball staff hope to host the No. 2 prospect in the country Saturday afternoon. Full Story »
- 4 months ago Jordan McFadden committed to Virginia Tech back in July, but the thoughts of playing for Clemson was always in the back of his mind. Saturday's visit for the Auburn game gives him even more to think about.
Full Story »
- 4 months ago The stars will come out as the lights shine brightly on Death Valley Saturday night. High-profile football and basketball recruits will be on hand as the Tigers battle in Memorial Stadium. Full Story »
- 5 months ago Clemson hasn’t received a verbal commitment in a little over two months, and many of the fans are growing restless. They expect commitments to flow in on a regular schedule, and any variance from that routine causes angst and the board posts flow as people question the coaches and wonder what is wrong with recruiting? Full Story »
- 7 months ago Saturday evening at The Opening Finals saw players break-up into position groups to work on position-specific drills and 1-on-1’s. The evening featured plenty of news and notes on Clemson commits and targets, and TigerNet was on hand for the proceedings. Full Story »
- 7 months ago Monday afternoon at 3 p.m., Clemson players and coaches were standing on the steps of The White House with President Donald Trump, celebrating a National Championship. At the same time Tuesday, all of the above were back at work at head coach Dabo Swinney’s high school camp while looking for prospects that can make another run at a title. Full Story »
- 8 months ago Clemson coaches came off the road for a few days earlier this week, but that doesn’t mean things have slowed down on the recruiting front as the Tigers made some new offers and made the top group for several high-profile prospects. Full Story »
- 9 months ago Following Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney’s high school camp in June of 2015, a picture of Venables made its way to Scott Littlejohn, the director of Flight School, a sports performance training school in Anderson. Littlejohn texted the picture over to Venables, who had one reaction: give that kid a sandwich. Full Story »
- 9 months ago Xavier Thomas had been telling the coaches for a few days now that he wanted to be a Clemson Tiger, but he nearly caused head coach Dabo Swinney to choke on his food when he committed Saturday morning. Full Story »
- 9 months ago The scouting services might disagree on who the number one player in the 2018 recruiting cycle happens to be, but everyone can agree that the Clemson coaching staff is building on the momentum of a National Championship and assembling a monster class. Full Story »
- 9 months ago Seventy thousand leaves a better impression than 12,000. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney has said repeatedly that he wants 70,000-plus fans to pack Death Valley for Saturday’s Orange & White Game with some of the nation’s top talent converging on Memorial Stadium. Full Story »
- 12 months ago Just when you think it can’t get any better, it does. Clemson played host to several of the nation's top prospects this past weekend, and walked away with commitments from the state's top two prospects for 2018.
Full Story »
- 12 months ago The Clemson coaching staff debuted the new football operations center Saturday afternoon as they held an elite junior day and played host to several of the nation’s top players in the 2018 recruiting class. Full Story »
- 12 months ago Every recruiting weekend this time of year is big, but there are times when a recruiting weekend takes on the description of huge. This weekend’s Junior Day is huge for the Clemson coaching staff, in more ways than one as they open up the new Football Operations Center for some of the best prospects for the 2018 recruiting cycle. Full Story »
- 1 year ago With the recruiting dead period over, the Clemson coaching staff can hit the recruiting trails for the first time in 35 years as national champions. TigerNet reached out to several of Clemson’s commits and top targets after Monday night’s thrilling 35-31 victory over Alabama.
Full Story »