Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yes, we should have won, made FT's etc, but for about 7
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 2,066

Yes, we should have won, made FT's etc, but for about 7

Mar 9, 2012, 8:06 AM

Minutes in the second half yesterday, we once again got absolutely jobbed by the refs and it screwed us. Watch the entire middle of the 2nd again. Milton not getting the charge call, out of bounds called on Tanner on the fast break when the ball was clearly tipped by VT, no foul called on VT on the loose ball they got back, the BS flagrant call........I'm just sick of this league and it's crappy refs who cannot call 2 halves in a similar fashion.

Again, I'm not saying its why we lost, but as a basketball fan it sucks to see the way ACC refs consistently bastardize the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, we should have won, made FT's etc, but for about 7

Mar 9, 2012, 8:09 AM

very well put. and the thing is,it seems to be all sports,not just bball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Officiating across the ACC has been substandard for years.

Mar 9, 2012, 8:16 AM

The really disheartening part is the league is content to do absolutely nothing about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I agree all of those calls were horrible (and in succession)

Mar 9, 2012, 8:09 AM

except for the flagrant, Booker knew what he was doing when he popped his elbow up. Now the guy did play it up a bit, probably why it wasn't a flagrant 2, but that just sucked.

I still don't understand that loose ball that Tanner had and the VT guy can flying in and the ball went OoB, should've been a foul.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Tanner was about to lose his mind out there after the 2nd or

3rd crappy call in a row. I gotta give it to him though, missed FT's aside, he left it all out on the floor last night. I'll always like him.....he squeezed every ounce of potential he had during his time here.

I wish we could somehow take Tanner's motivation and

Mar 9, 2012, 8:22 AM

put it into Booker or Jennings. We're going to need one of them to really step up and fulfill Tannner's role.

I hope our team makes it to the NIT to give them some more playing time (would be good for the freshman as well).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With an RPI in the 140 range entering last nights game.....

Mar 9, 2012, 8:26 AM

the loss to VT not only knocked Clemson out the ACC Tournament but most likely the NIT as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Refs definitely changed the way they were calling the game

Mar 9, 2012, 8:11 AM

in the second half.

Yea, from what, 4 or 5 total fouls in the first half to 20+?***

Mar 9, 2012, 8:11 AM

Heck, Obed---we got jobbed because we can't score and we committed terrible fouls. the head knock by Booker with his elbow and the Jennings foul on Greene along the sideline as he was falling out of bounds.
We played poorly and we deserved to lose. We never had an effective inside game against a team with 7 players. VT should have been in foul trouble & short-handed but instead we insisted on achieving that pedestal.

None of that has any bearing on my point though.***

Mar 9, 2012, 8:17 AM

How about the layup Andre made and he got hammered, NO CALL,

Mar 9, 2012, 11:36 AM

but Green, every time he drove the lane and put up a shot, foul on Clemson. And the 10 second call on Hall, when he got the ball after a turnover, and was not even being guarded. I mean, I don't think I have ever seen that called.

Mar 9, 2012, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes, we should have won, made FT's etc, but for about 7 ]

We seemed to to do better in the first half when pushing the tempo. We stopped pushing it in the second. I do not think it was one of Brad's better coached games.

Mar 9, 2012, 8:29 AM

The call you cite that involved Smith was definitely a bad call. The call on Booker was probably technically the correct call. Jennings is part of the reason we didn't get the charging call. If he had held his position I think he would have gotten the call. Instead, he started flopping a little bit before contact actually occurred.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I owe a buddy of mine an apology. I debated with him via

Mar 9, 2012, 8:38 AM

text last night for a few minutes this very issue of refs being the problem last night, with me not knowing what in the world he was talking about, and even citing TigerNet not being in ref complaining mode as an example of how nobody thought the refs cost us....and then I wake up to this whinefest. Apology extended to Tigerjebus.

Soon as you get outta smug mode, read again.

Mar 9, 2012, 9:16 AM

I wasn't claiming it cost us.....I was complaining that officiating injected itself absolutely unnaturally into the flow of the game, which is the rule far more than the exception in ACC play. If you get two consistently called halves (which should be the norm) in the ACC, it's like winning the lottery.

Either way, and I'll say this while I'm in smug mode still,

Mar 9, 2012, 9:22 AM

the fact the refs are being talked about is a sad, tired, pathetic discussion that always, ALWAYS, without fail comes up when we lose, and mysteriously is nowhere to be found when we win. Last night I didn't see much of this going on after the loss. I don't know how it was during the game because I learned long ago not to ever be on T-Net during a game because it is like listening to toddlers fight with each other. Everyone last night seemed to be under the impression our shooting woes, cold stretch, and free throw shooting did us in.

Oh I've commented on it also during wins, but it certainly

Mar 9, 2012, 9:27 AM

was from a "got a little help from the zebras" standpoint.

As a fan of the game, I just think it sucks out loud that the supposed "premiere" basketball conference in the nation has some of the consistently worst refs.

I watch other conferences, and regardless of whether the refs are calling the games tight or loose, it's generally that way the ENTIRE game. It is generally NOT called this way in the ACC and if you are a basketball purist, it's maddening.

It would be like in baseball if an ump completely changes the strike zone in the 5th or 6th inning. You guys seem to be ok with it though, so carry on, just be sure to reference yourself as an "ACC basketball fan" instead of a basketball fan moving forward, cause the way the refs changed mid-stream last night, WASN'T basketball as Naismith intended it.

Filo Betto always has the same schtick when it comes to this***

Mar 9, 2012, 9:29 AM

And likewise, Soccerkrzy. Most definitley, likewise. You are

Mar 9, 2012, 9:35 AM

right. About every 6 to 7 games, I have to come in here and comment on the absurdity of it all. Be thankful I don't do this after every game we lose because believe me, the schtick of complaining and blaming refs for our losses is always here, like a dark cloud.

"most definitely, likewise"...lol, okay...***

Mar 9, 2012, 9:39 AM

You know what I'm saying.....whether the proper English was

Mar 9, 2012, 9:47 AM

used or not.

No, I don't know what you're talking about. Here's an

Mar 9, 2012, 10:22 AM

example of me making a post about the refs even when we won. You seem to think it never happens.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=92&threadID=1087361&messageID=11984524

There was a pre-determined result and even the "quiet" crowd

Mar 9, 2012, 9:53 AM

could see it. Like they said, they know who's gonna' commit the fouls before the game begins. "Tendencies."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consistency is all we ask for Filo,like I told you last

Mar 9, 2012, 10:04 AM

WE lost the game,but there were ALOT of horrible calls in 2nd half....ACC refs refuse to just "let em play".If you can't see that,then no one will ever change your mind

Here you go...an example of how to handle ACC refs...

Mar 9, 2012, 10:07 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFKXOwEORBo

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Watch some other tourny games today,ACC refs are by

Mar 9, 2012, 10:16 AM

far the worst.All you have to do is go inside and a foul will be called...period

Re: Watch some other tourny games today,ACC refs are by

Mar 9, 2012, 11:51 AM

I dont know why yall whine about the refs. They keep doing the same thing with the same results. Both the refs and the whiners. Anything to keep Clemson down. If you play well enough,you take the refs out of the game so to speak.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Show me where I blame the refs for the loss...it's

Mar 9, 2012, 12:25 PM

consistency,call the 2nd half the way you called the 1st.That's my problem with ACC refs.It's not just our games,it's the whole conference.Like I said,watch some other tourny games today,there is a noticeable difference in the quality of refs.

Yep, I agree with you and Milton 100%***

Mar 10, 2012, 7:09 AM

Replies: 29
| visibility 2,066
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic