Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Real Clemson fans will always support the Tigers!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Real Clemson fans will always support the Tigers!

Oct 31, 2010, 8:56 PM

I rarely post I usually just read the posts.

I've been a Clemson fan my whole life. I was at Notre Dame when we beat them and at the NCG when we beat Nebraska. I've also been a diehard fan when we were down some seasons. I will always be a Clemson fan...I seriously doubt some of you really are.

1. Some of these negative posts are probably from fans of other teams just trying to stir it up. I hope the recruits that read some of this junk realize this.

2.Some of these posts are from want to be football players, who because they played in high school they think they know something but really are ignorant.

3.I think Dabo will turn this team back into a champion in the near future. There are a lot of coaches that struggled in their first couple of years.

I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT OUR PLAYERS AND COACHES! If changes are needed in a few years so be it...but God willing,my family will be there Saturday to support the TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will support them at home

Oct 31, 2010, 9:00 PM

But there is no way in hell I'll pay to go to games now

I know it sucks but what else do u suggest. It is obvious the last 11 years have ruined this program

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Man up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Real Clemson fans will always support the Tigers!

Oct 31, 2010, 9:01 PM

I admire your loyalty; but can not believe that your faith in an inept Athletic Department.

Oct 31, 2010, 9:02 PM

I'll support by not wasting my money on tickets. The kids will still play and have opportunities to shine, whether I'm there or not. Also, I refuse to support this coaching staff, because it stinks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am supporting Dabo.........

Oct 31, 2010, 9:04 PM

I am supporting him to walk out the door and learn how to be a coach somewhere else.

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Oct 31, 2010, 9:05 PM

Real fans want and deserve better than what we have been subjected to the last 2 decades.

I can support the Tigers without endorsing the coach.

Oct 31, 2010, 9:05 PM

If you can't separate those two distinct things, then so be it.

you said distinct

Oct 31, 2010, 9:07 PM

and our play certainly does. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pump it elsewhere.....

Oct 31, 2010, 9:09 PM

Dabo has plaid his hand and he was bluff'in all of us.Everyone can see it now.Can't hide it no more and talk his his way out of it.The jig is up.....

plaid is a bad sports coat- like inDead men dont wear plaid

Oct 31, 2010, 9:12 PM

played is what we should have done yesterday.

I make typos but I know the english language. don't be trying to fool us here.

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2010, 9:11 PM

Coaches are hired hands and will wear whatever hat they get paid to wear. Unqualified support is dumb.

Excellent post.

Oct 31, 2010, 9:21 PM

I'm not in favor of giving Dabo anything beyond next year without major improvement; other than that, I agree 100%.

There are probably about 70,000 or so true Clemson fans who won't fail to show up just because we are having a bad season, or because we haven't won a championship in a long time. These are the true Clemson fans, the core that loves Clemson because it means something to them beyond winning football games.

Then you have the bandwagon fans. A lot of them jumped on board in the 80's when we were a powerhouse. A lot of them may have deeper ties to Clemson, but not deep enough to deal with a football team that does not meet their expectations. They are the ones that will not come to games and urge others to stay away as well. They are often the loudest and most vocal critics, who claim they are doing it out of love for Clemson, in order to effect a needed change. It is a lie. They are in it for themselves; they are the ones who as kids, took their ball and went home if they couldn't win or if they didn't get their way.

Unfortunately, for financial reasons, our football program, which is a business, depends on these bandwagon fans. It is a reality, but it doesn't change what they are, and they aren't fooling anybody.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Even a better post.***

Oct 31, 2010, 9:37 PM

nm

Re: Excellent post.

Oct 31, 2010, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Excellent post. ]

I love my country but that doesn't mean that I will spend my time and money supporting politicians who are ruining it. Same holds true for this football team, the only difference being, in football I don't get to vote every 4 years to express my feelings. So withdrawing my monetary contributions to the University are my way of casting my VOTE!

Thanks! A voice of reason!

Oct 31, 2010, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Excellent post. ]

You are right on target. The only place I might disagree is on how important those negative voices are to the program. Do we really need them? I still think they are a very vocal, very small group!! Well intentioned but very misguided. There is a time and place for everything and negativism on public message boards serves no good purpose and adds to the problem.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt that they are that many in numbers. Just very

Oct 31, 2010, 10:35 PM

vocal.

True Clemson fans, blah blah blah. Who died and made

Nov 4, 2010, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Excellent post. ]

you king Clemson fan? People like you are why fans like me have had to put up with crap football for 10+ years.

Oct 31, 2010, 9:23 PM

you ever think that blind support and loyalty is what has driven the program into the ground in the first place?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Oct 31, 2010, 9:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No.***

Oct 31, 2010, 9:29 PM

must have been the woo hoo then :)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That might be it.***

Oct 31, 2010, 9:33 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Oct 31, 2010, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Real Clemson fans will always support the Tigers! ]

Look no further than Columbia to see what blind loyalty gets you, huge fan base, large contributions, and a lifetime of failure.

No - better ways to show concern than boycotts***

Oct 31, 2010, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Real Clemson fans will always support the Tigers! ]

Oct 31, 2010, 9:28 PM

Sorry Bud to disagree but I've willingly paid big IPTAY bucks to support Clemson football. Just returned from Boston after watching the most embarrassing game with a QB who is still hurt, and a walk-on FG kicker while qualified players warm the bench and are NEVER given a chance to see if they can make a difference. I'm not feeling the love anymore. Something has to change.

They are given a chance every day

Oct 31, 2010, 9:42 PM

in practice. If your 2nd team QB carries the ball like a loaf of bread and your 3rd team RB runs east and west instead of north and south they are not going to see the field until they correct their issues. Players will get the opportunity if they produce in practice as most recently we've all seen with the receivers, LB's, DL, and even safeties.

Finally a sensible post!

Oct 31, 2010, 10:02 PM

Thanks for your post. Most of the stuff on this board is a bunch of garbage. I couldn't agree more with your comments about ignorance. I'm not happy with the results this season, but I won't contribute to the problem by being a critic or kicking the coaches or players when times are rough. I don't know how positive the rest of the season will be but I will publicly support the players and the coaches as long as they wear Clemson orange. That's what a real fan does. If changes need to be made, it won't be because of anything said on Tiger Board; however, the poison on this board does hurt Clemson and anyone with a brain should recognize that!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm a real Clemson fan since 1958, but enough is........

Oct 31, 2010, 10:26 PM

enough. I also was at Notre Dame game with my 9 year old son (a Clemson & UGA Law grad now) as well as the NC game versus Cornhuskers....BUT, I truly believe that our program can be much better with certain coaches resigning and ones with much more experience taking over.

These young players are justified in getting the best coaches we can afford...and then it's up to them to perform on game day. Somewhere the two aren't happening on a consistent basis.

I read recently on Tnet how much head coach experience Tommy Bowden & Dabo Swinney had when hired (3 years I believe, with Tommy having all three)...and then Bill Napier having 0 as an OC. This is one reason we are where we are....while experience was purchased at Alabama, Florida, Texas, USC, UNC...you name it.

No, I don't dislike Dabo, or Billy or other coaches...since all are fine family men and are really trying to find the answers and to win games.

Still, the lack of wins with the talent we have is not acceptable...to the coaches, the players and the fans.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all good points....'cept that usc jr is a REALLY bad example

Nov 4, 2010, 9:13 AM

their success ratio hiring experienced, "legendary" coaches has been up to now, IMO, a huge bust for the money spent. Check the winning records (overall and in SEC) of both Holtz and Spurhead and also be cognizant that Holtz left usuc on NCAA probation and they're headed that way again.

And, of course, Texas---who has a TOP4 recruiting class annually---is also 4-4 right now with a ton more talent than we have......those folks in Gainesville are not happy with their season since they've won the NC a couple of times recently.......

And I'm kinda just playing devil's advocate too--just pointing out that I don't think there's really any tried and true method to hiring a coach who'll be successful out of the gate. Certainly NO One's happy with the Tiger's level of play thus far this year, but I guess I'm one of those old Clemson guys from the early 50's who'd never dream of booing our players or coaches and who shows up for each game, contributes to IPTAY and the Clemson Fund, and thinks Swinney, like any other coach, should be given a reasonable chance to succeed.

BTW---anyone who's considering booing the Tigers this Saturday needs to be EXTREMELY cautious about where they're sitting. Everyone should be held accountable for their actions and those Security guys can be awful slow coming to the rescue occasionally......:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes "Dissent" Is a Form of Support.....

Nov 4, 2010, 9:20 AM

Would you follow a particular President or party that you disagree under the motto of "Support America" or would you raise the roof when they don't perform?

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

if you are a Clemson Basketball fan, you know how to

Nov 4, 2010, 9:24 AM

support the Tigers during the hard times. I have done plenty of that. I have sat through some of the most boring basketball games (in the history of the sport) ever played at Littlejohn. I have bought Clemson basketball tees, sweatshirts, bought food at games, taken plenty of friends....all knowing that they would get crushed by the opponent.

It just something you do when you love your team.

It that makes you happy that is great.

Nov 4, 2010, 9:32 AM

I have no problem with your agape love. It is actually nice. But to besmirch fans that are in dissent is not healthy either. We must have healthy dissent to avoid complacency and to keep a watch for poor performance.

Take the Recent election. A lot of people that really love America made a choice at the ballot box that things needed to change. They dissented. Under your POV, that would mean that those that were unhappy should have just accepted and just sat in the stands eating some popcorn

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic