Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Presbyterian should be treated with respect by Clemson folks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,710

Presbyterian should be treated with respect by Clemson folks

Sep 10, 2010, 2:28 PM

They are the reason that we have the real Death Valley. How many schools can say their stadium name genuinely came from someone else being intimidated? That's part of what makes our tradition superior. We didn't just name ourselves or try to invent some stupid gimmick.

Our traditions are natural. The Rock came from the real Death Valley and was originally just a silly gift for Frank Howard. Howard wanted to trash it, but when "a man named Jones" built it into a fountain he just ran with it. Now players rub Howard's Rock.

The Hill was just the practical way for players to get into the stadium... but it grew into a solid tradition and the best, most original entrance in all of college football. Orange and Purple isn't some marketing ploy. It's attached to something practical. Death Valley isn't some cute name that our AD came up with or some message board geeks voted on. We call it that because Presbyterian hated playing there and named it out of genuine despair.

This is why some people care about uniforms. This is why some people care about the size of the paw. This is why some people tell you to wear freaking orange to games. It's not random, it's not fashiom and it's not a waste of time. We are special because of our traditions. Our traditions are special because they are unique and grounded in rich history.

Some of you may be Clemson fans because you were born into it with a Clemson family or you just live in the state of SOuth Carolina. I am a Georgia boy. I grew up in UGA territory. I respect UGA and Georgia Tech and I love my stomping grounds in South Georgia. But I am a Clemson man because of what it stands for and because I made a choice to be part of something that is special.

So when we are lining up against Presbyterian this week, as much as I hope we shut them down, I will treat their team and fans as specially honored guests because they are a part of our very special tradition.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Presbyterian should be treated with respect by Clemson folks

Sep 10, 2010, 2:34 PM

Amen

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

I say we let their team run up the hill!

Sep 10, 2010, 2:36 PM

About 5 times just before kickoff.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol, I'm with you (point)

Sep 10, 2010, 5:06 PM

They should also leave the aisle on the hill open in case PC decides to run for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I say we let their team run up the hill!

Sep 10, 2010, 5:40 PM [ in reply to I say we let their team run up the hill! ]

They're going to feel like they played the game going uphill when it's all over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a question?

Sep 10, 2010, 5:57 PM [ in reply to I say we let their team run up the hill! ]

Is the PC fan going to be in attendance that was at the Dean Dome, and said, "Miss it Deon!?" If he isn't there, we should have personally invited him, and let him run down the hill! He may be exactly what we need to overcome the curse in Chapel Hill. If he was at this game, ran down the hill with an anti-UNC shirt on, and we were to beat UNC in the Dean Dome this year, then he could go down in history like a "Pitchfork Ben!" I can't remember what is name is, but let's say it's Andy or something. We could create the "curse of Andy," that would live forever in history! And then say, eat that, Roy!

Make them feel at home at your tailgate by offering

Sep 10, 2010, 3:04 PM

them some casserole from a covered dish.

Re: Presbyterian should be treated with respect by Clemson folks

Sep 10, 2010, 3:18 PM

Thanks, Dad.

LOL...16 points to tell people to do what we're pretty much

Sep 10, 2010, 3:20 PM

known for already doing for opposing fans?

I don't recall anyone proposing we give every PC fan we see a pimp slap and a wedgie.

imgTag

Tell that to the kids you beat up on a daily basis.

Sep 10, 2010, 3:31 PM

Thug.

You and a couple others missed the real point of my post.

Sep 10, 2010, 3:37 PM [ in reply to LOL...16 points to tell people to do what we're pretty much ]

I wasn't telling people to behave when Presbyterian fans come to town because, like you say, everyone already knows we do that anyway. Also, I obviously wasn't suggesting that anyone was calling for them to be treated with disrespect. I was simply using the topic as a prompt to brag on Clemson's traditions.

Did you not notice what I spent most of my time typing about? I tell you... some of you are too quick to try to assert yourselves as above or against other's posts. That would make your picture ironic btw.

Generally the subject line encapsulates the gist of the post

Sep 10, 2010, 3:39 PM

If you were just trying to give a history lesson, you sure got preachy in the process. Sorry if I failed to see through that and grasp the ultimate meaning.

So the whole thing about books being judged by covers....

Sep 10, 2010, 3:51 PM

just sorta sailed over your head then? Before trying to be cute with someone else's post, you should at least read it. <--- That is an example of preaching.

And to say I got preachy is a joke. In my actual post I had one sentence about the treatment of their fans. One. And in that one sentence I said what I was going to so. I didn't say a single word about anything anyone else should do. Reading comprehension.

ok, you're right. It was awesome. It was like Happycat and

Sep 10, 2010, 3:54 PM

Harley had a lovechild who wrote a masterpiece that they then had edited and tweaked by F. Scott Fitzgerald before posting it on the main board. I was just too dumb to get it. Sorry.

haha, my post was nothing compared to those guys.

Sep 11, 2010, 6:53 PM

I don't really think it was that good at all to be honest. I was just saying that you mischaracterized it.

Maybe the boos ringing down as they take the field will

Sep 10, 2010, 3:40 PM

be a ittle quieter than usual. ;) Have to admit, I don't understand booing teams for showing up to play...especially small teams that we're about to manhandle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am "anti-booing" when the opposing team enters DV.

Sep 10, 2010, 3:43 PM

Mostly because they always enter in the middle of our entrance and it's more fun and appropriate to be cheering for the Tigers at that point.

null

exactly!!***

Sep 10, 2010, 7:58 PM

LOL. Most of the PC fans are probably already CU fans.***

Sep 10, 2010, 9:37 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,710
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic