Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I was at St. Andrews today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,632

So I was at St. Andrews today

Jul 13, 2010, 6:55 PM

I had a British Open flag that is sold at the shops at the course, and I decided I needed to have it signed by none other than Lucas Glover. I wore my IPTAY shirt and went in search of Lucas at the home of golf.

After some searching, I found him on the twelfth hole--now most people with the flags love to get tons of signatures on them, and a lot of the pros do not like to sign, because the flags commonly go up on ebay.

Anyway, on 12, I yelled hey Lucas! Can you sign this! He didn't even bat an eye, assuming I was an autograph hound. But I kept it up and added go tigers! When he heard this, he whipped his head around and got a glimpse of my IPTAY bright orange shirt--of course he headed over to the ropes. I told him that he was the only autograph I wanted and that he could take up as much room as he wanted... He signed his name nice and big and wrote "Go Tigers" on my flag. What a class act the guy is. He is also hilarious; at one point he skipped a ball over to Phil Mickelson's group with a wedge just to mess with him.

I just wanted to relay a story of some Clemson happenings at the home of golf. Lucas' autograph flag will be going in a frame along with a picture I can get of him winning the US Open. We are lucky to have this guy as a Clemson Tiger. He made my day.

I am headed back to the tournament for the round on Saturday, here is to hoping Lucas is in the last few groups!

Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i was there in 05 quite an experience

Jul 13, 2010, 9:28 PM

took a stroll across the bridge at 18 after saturdays round

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I so envy you. Have a great time!

Jul 13, 2010, 9:57 PM

Hope Lucas has a good tournament and gives you something to hoot about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I so envy you. Have a great time!

Jul 13, 2010, 10:05 PM

That is so cool. You just can't say enough good about most Clemson atheletes. Gooooo Lucus, Gooooo Tigers !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will be at St Andrews next month on a 10 day golf trip

Jul 13, 2010, 10:16 PM

Playing the Old Course, Dukes Course, Kingsbarns, The Castle Course at St Andrews, Carnoustie, Royal Troon, Old Prestwick, Western Gailes, and Turnberry. It is going to be epic playing all of those courses on the Rota.

Re: I will be at St Andrews next month on a 10 day golf trip

Jul 14, 2010, 8:16 AM

Went on a trip there in 2000 right before the Open that year. What a spectacular trip. Try to keep the mist from your eyes and your hands from shaking on number one. Also, Turnburry and Troon are breathtaking. Played Troon in 30 mile per hour winds. Was 1 over on outward 9 and shot 48 on inward.

Great story and thanks for posting it!

Jul 14, 2010, 12:37 AM

Lucas has lots of class, for sure. A great ambassador!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Maybe you can get a picture of Lucas holding the jug this wk

Jul 14, 2010, 8:16 AM

to put in that frame instead. That would be nice.

I have 10 pounds at the local betting agency that agrees!

Jul 14, 2010, 9:22 AM

Go Glover!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,632
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic