Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think many of you are forgetting .....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,456

I think many of you are forgetting .....

Jun 8, 2010, 3:46 PM

Tahj Boyd and his entire family moved from the Tidewater of Virginia to Clemson, South Carolina to enable him to play football at Clemson. His time may be coming sooner than later so let's get behind the kid 110% and show the world that he made a great decision. As for Parker, if leaving is his decision then so be it. Good Luck to him! I am not terribly concerned with the state of Clemson football right now. Great coaches, great players, great football atmosphere, great university, and hopefully a record setting quarterback. Unfortunately, we have a few fans who expect a perfect world. I truly hope that they find it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think many of you are forgetting .....

Jun 8, 2010, 3:52 PM

You are correct...bet if you asked T-Boyd, he's say he was planning on starting by the Auburn game anyway...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2010, 4:07 PM

Also, remember how good Cullen Harper was in 07? Then in '08 with Spiller, Davis, Gresham and Kelly he was the exact opposite(mostly because of weak oline). Last season we were all worried about starting a RS Frosh at QB and it worked out pretty well. This year we return 4 starters on the line and with continued improvement that should definitely help Boyd. Point is, you just never know what is going to happen. Years we thought were going to be great weren't and years we were under the radar turned out some of the best memories.

We almost always do better when under the radar.***

Jun 8, 2010, 4:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2010, 4:11 PM

I think you will find EVERYONE behind whoever is the starting QB. We all assume it will be Boyd but you have to perform on the field of play. Clemson fans support our players 100% and always have high hopes of success (who doesn't???).
I am not sure if anyone is forgetting anything regarding Boyd; just because some fans have expressed legitimate concern over starting a red-shirt freshman at the most important position on the field does NOT constitute non-support. If we had Spiller, Ford & Palmer THIS season, there would likely be a higher level of comfort with the current QB situation.
This is not rainy day, doom and gloom, just reality. I expect a good year but not as good if Parker is not starting.

I hope the 2010 starting QB breaks every (good) record in NCAA history. How's that for support??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will miss not seeing another KP "Miracle in Miami"...

Jun 8, 2010, 8:46 PM

I love replaying that overtime TD to Ford for the win on YouTube.

I was actually looking forward to some real fireworks from KP this year.

Now only on YouTube and in our dreams.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

I am definitely behind***

Jun 8, 2010, 4:29 PM

Oops. I am definitely behind Tahj and have all the

Jun 8, 2010, 4:32 PM

confidence in the world that he is going to be a great, great QB for Clemson. I just think it would have been better for all involved if we could have gotten one more year out of Kyle and let Tahj spell him and get good game experience. Then let the whole thing be Tahj's baby from his soph year on.

I also worry that we have just one true QB now. No margin for injury, even a little nagging thing that sits you for a game.

Brantley's boy has gained wisdom...***

Jun 8, 2010, 4:44 PM

I think Boyd would give us an added dimension

Jun 8, 2010, 8:41 PM

on offense (ability to run) this coming season, given our questionable receiving corps. Not sure I can recall a time in the last 30+ years when I felt Clemson was so depleted in this part of the game. Who knows, Kyle may strike a deal w/ Colorado to enable him to play football...if that's what he truly wants to do. No doubt the guaranteed $ in MLB is far more attractive than an uncertain future in the NFL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,456
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic