Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know the jury is still out on Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I know the jury is still out on Dabo

Mar 4, 2010, 3:39 PM

Considering he is just starting year two.

But I always get fired up after reading an interview with him. Hate to beat a dead horse, but I never felt that way after reading (or for that matter, seeing and hearing) a Tommy interview.

Not bashing Tommy, and not pumping sunshine for Dabo, but man he seems to be able to inspire a lot of enthusiasm when he talks about the program.

Can't wait til this fall!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The jury is getting smaller!***

Mar 4, 2010, 4:12 PM

Re: The jury is getting smaller!***

Mar 4, 2010, 4:51 PM

get our rears smashed by the boys in garnet again and it will get larger

or did we already forget about that?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The jury is getting smaller!***

Mar 4, 2010, 11:06 PM

being dumb again I see

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*******DISCLAIMER********* My intent of this post was not to upset the manginas who frequent some of the boards.

there are less CU fans now?***

Mar 4, 2010, 5:29 PM [ in reply to The jury is getting smaller!*** ]

^Doesn't know what a jury is or does***

Mar 4, 2010, 7:16 PM [ in reply to The jury is getting smaller!*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The jury should be hung!***

Mar 5, 2010, 7:26 AM [ in reply to The jury is getting smaller!*** ]

I agree! Not sure if Dabo is quite the man to get us to

Mar 4, 2010, 4:24 PM

the next level, but I do love him!

When FL and TN go after his assistants..

Mar 4, 2010, 4:54 PM

And they both decide to stay here at Clemson and take MASSIVE pay cuts in the process (steele could have doubled his, not sure about charlie harbison). I think it speaks volumes about the new regime. When you have coaches that turn down quite a bit of money, it shows how they feel about our team and where it is headed. They aren't treating it like a stepping stone job. Dabo also said (but wouldn't name) 2 other assistants got offers at new schools.

I think Dabo is going to be the one to get us to the next level, they are recruiting like hell, and when the entire staff buys into what you do so much, its going to trickle down into the team and future players.

They deserve the support of the entire Tiger nation!***

Mar 4, 2010, 5:11 PM

Still don't know how Steele & Harbison didn't get a raise?***

Mar 4, 2010, 11:03 PM [ in reply to When FL and TN go after his assistants.. ]

Steele did get a raise

Mar 5, 2010, 1:19 AM

Steele makes 600,000 now? I think? I know we gave him a raise after he turned that #### down. I don't know about harbison, but I hope we gave them all raises. We have a good staff, and the 2011 recruiting is going to show how good they are.

Just think, if TDP had listened to T-Net,

Mar 4, 2010, 4:57 PM

we could have had Lanie Kiffin or Pirateboy Leach as our head coach. Just think what could have been.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Leach would be fun

Mar 4, 2010, 5:04 PM

walking the plank if you mess up and heaven know what he'd try here if you got a concussion

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe he has already gotten us to the next level***

Mar 4, 2010, 5:06 PM

I thought the jury was in? What more do you need him to do?

Mar 4, 2010, 5:27 PM

Granted, I would have loved for the Tigers to win the ACC Championship this year, but I think Dabo's first team went above and beyond what we expected. Will we get back to the Championship game this year? Maybe, maybe not. But I think Dabo has proven that he is a good coach. I think it is also unfortunate that we will lose 3 of our best players next season (CJ, Jacoby, Sapp), because it will be difficult to repeat what we accomplished last season without them. But we need to remember that Dabo took a 2009 team that was less talented than the 2008 team, and he accomplished more with them than his predecessor did. Every program has to rebuild every now and then, and this might be one of those transition seasons. Dabo has already proven to me that he's the right guy for the job, but if you don't believe it yet just wait a season or two. We've got a heck of a coach.

I am completely satisfied with his first year

Mar 4, 2010, 6:04 PM

However, it was only one year. It will be great to see how he handles the offensive losses he faces this year. Personally, I am a Dabo fan and think he will do just fine this year. I was thrilled with his accomplishments as a first-year head coach. However, my original post was made with the knowledge that there is still a significant amount of Tiger fans on here that are still not sold on Dabo yet. Hopefully this time next year we can be talking about a possible repeat as conference champs!

The jury is still out on everybody around here.

Mar 4, 2010, 6:07 PM

Dabo is great

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately for ANY head coach -- Dabo included --

Mar 4, 2010, 6:20 PM

their legacy is determined by wins & losses at the end of the day. But I think Dabo is a great guy and a great coach. Love his fire!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The jury is still out on everybody around here.

Mar 4, 2010, 6:25 PM [ in reply to The jury is still out on everybody around here. ]

I think Dabo has the right attitude. I'm also glad we have a coach that values the job like he does.

I think playing in the ACC Championship game in year 1 was good. I'm interested to see how well we do without Ford, Palmer and (especially) Spiller...

Charley Pell had that 'it' thing that motivates players

Mar 4, 2010, 8:14 PM

seems Dabo has it too

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corporations are people. So is Soylent Green.

I really think that this season will...

Mar 4, 2010, 10:17 PM

show us what Dabo is all about. With all the starters with lost and the younger guys who will be stepping in their shoes, we'll see how well Dabo and our staff can coach. I know perfection won't happen (even though we all expect to TBH), but progression is the key. I can't wait for my OCS to start because grad for it is on Sept. 3rd, and our season starts on the 4th!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with everything you said except for....

Mar 4, 2010, 10:19 PM

the jury still being out on Dabo. I've personally seen enough out of him to believe he is the right guy for our program right now.

null

Re: I know the jury is still out on Dabo

Mar 5, 2010, 7:24 AM

Totally agree!! Abracadabo!!! Feel the magic!!!

183 more days!***

Mar 5, 2010, 7:29 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic