Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 882

Vick

Aug 14, 2009, 10:18 AM

I would just like to say how glad I am that Brian Dawkins is a Bronco now. I loathe Michael Sick. A tiger doesn't change his stripes and this guy can never do enough to get me in his corner. I've made mistakes and paid dearly for some of them but I'm part of the 31% in America that say this guy A) didn't do enough time and B) thinks once he gets comfortable again and the heat's off will inevitably f up again. He's a thug. Period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vick

Aug 14, 2009, 10:26 AM

Grow up dude!!He served his time let it be!A great player he got time for fighting dogs give me a break!!You got stallworth killing a guy in a DUI crash an didn't get jack crap!!! You tell me about justice moron!!

I second this.***

Aug 14, 2009, 10:27 AM

AGREED!! I THIRD THIS!!!***

Aug 14, 2009, 10:53 AM

What does Stallworth have to do with Vick's sentence? Those

Aug 14, 2009, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Vick ]

are unrelated issues. I agree that although sometimes people do change, but more often than not they revert back to old habits. Now, I'm certainly not suggesting he's going to go back and kill some more dogs. What I am saying is that anyone heartless enough to do that is a "thug" and is probably not likely to change overnight. I hope his remorse is pure, but if I were a betting man I sure wouldn't want him playing on my team.

Re: What does Stallworth have to do with Vick's sentence? T

Aug 14, 2009, 11:39 AM

Well I hardly think 2 yrs is overnight. I say give him a chance. People deserve second chances.

As for Vick and Stallworth comparisons...
Vick did Jail time for killing dogs, Stallworth paid some money and is out walking the streets after killing a person.

I hear you, but I don't think the original poster was

Aug 14, 2009, 11:53 AM

suggesting that Vick not be given a second chance. I think he was saying that while he is entitled to one, he'll probably just screw up again.

He had a 2nd chance!!!

Aug 14, 2009, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: What does Stallworth have to do with Vick's sentence? T ]

His 2nd chance was after he killed the first dog. After getting his thrill for killing the first he could've stopped. Instead he kept doing it. He didn't see the pains in the dogs he tortured and instead had fun with it.

He's sick

Such a weak reply. Vick didn't just fight dogs he tortured

Aug 14, 2009, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Vick ]

Dogs. He got a sick thrill out of seeing others suffer and cry. He didn't stop the first time, he kept doing it. The man is a sick beast.

If he was truly sorry for what he did then he should've come out on his own and stopped. He only stopped when caught.

You Vick defenders can only defend the guy by bringing up others who have done worse. This is your only defense and its a weak one.

If I go out and beat my wife do you defend me by saying "Oh well he only beats his wife, the guy down the road killed his"

Vick defenders just don't get it and are likely poor judges in character when dealing with life.

Re: Such a weak reply. Vick didn't just fight dogs he tortured

Dude, they're just dogs. Lighten up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it's ok to torture dogs?

Aug 14, 2009, 11:56 AM

Just because they're not human its ok to torture them for fun?

For fun? No. But you get money involved.... different story***

Aug 14, 2009, 11:57 AM

It's ok to torture for money?

Aug 14, 2009, 11:58 AM

Amazing the way some people think

Think of it this way...

Aug 14, 2009, 12:01 PM

We pay money to guys fighting in the UFC and such, right? I mean I saw a guy break his wrist the other night, and he kept fighting. It was a thing of beauty. So, given that dogs have a much higher tolerance for pain, as long as they don't die and you heal their wounds, what's the difference?

He didn't just fight them. He tortured them

Aug 14, 2009, 12:04 PM

He hung these dogs, drowned them, banged their head into the ground, and thought of every way imaginable to torture them. He had fun doing it.

The fact that you compare this situation to UFC shows your ignorance in the subject.

I agree

Aug 14, 2009, 12:11 PM

And don't forget a person gives their consent to face the possibility of injury to fight in the UFC. An animal that is raised and tortured is never given the chance to not consent to the torture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You honestly don't think that, do you?

Aug 14, 2009, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Think of it this way... ]

You honestly want to equate a person torturing and killing dogs for both fun and profit, with a person willingly allowing themselves to possibly face harm for sport (and profit)?

You think those 2 things are on the same level?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, they are pretty close

Aug 14, 2009, 12:14 PM

I mean, sure the dogs couldn't give their consent, but they're pit bulls for crying out loud. Fighting is the only reason for their existence. They'd do that whether they were 'trained' to or not. Same thing for most of the UFC guys. If they weren't doing it on TV, they'd be fighting in a bar somewhere. It just comes natural. Why not get some enjoyment out of it?

1 or 2 things with you

Aug 14, 2009, 12:17 PM

1. You are just trying to create problems on the message board and don't really think this way

2. You really are this ignorant and have trouble seeing things for what they are.

If it is #1, then I'll choose to end discussion with you because you are just having fun picking fights

If it is #2, then I'll choose to end discussion with you because you are unable to reason

There really is no other explanation for your posts. In other words, have a nice day.

Have a nice day????

Aug 14, 2009, 12:21 PM

What's wrong with you? That puts all the pressure on ME. Now, somehow, I've got to go out and try to have a nice day. What if I don't WANT and nice day? Maybe, just maybe, I've had 287 nice days in a row, and by God, I'm READY for a crappy day.

btw, I was just yankin y'alls chain. Vick's a POS.

I actually guessed that before

Aug 14, 2009, 12:27 PM

But I still responded for some unkown reason.

The problem is there are peope who actually think like that.

Re: I actually guessed that before

Aug 14, 2009, 12:30 PM

What can I say, it's friday and I'm bored.

Dog fighting is despicable... but GERBIL fighting.... now THAT'S some kinda fun to watch. Almost makes you feel like you want to crawl inside that pelt and do some fighting yourself.

Can't believe they're falling for this, lol.****

Aug 14, 2009, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Yeah, they are pretty close ]

Re: You honestly don't think that, do you?

Aug 14, 2009, 12:22 PM [ in reply to You honestly don't think that, do you? ]

How about all you Vic haters get a life. Stop hating that he is going to be making more money than you all. I am glad he is back. He served his time. he did wrong and is still paying for it. Stallworth killed a human being not a dog. It seems like You would rather someone kill someone in our family instead of your dog lmao. Both is bad but just get a life. Grow up and worry about what is going on in your lives instead of someone elses. I know your not living a perfect life so Shut the h... up. Go Tigers! Is this a board about the Tigers or the world wide news. Stop being prejudice . Ge dont care about any of you either because he dont know any of you that do not like him.

So what was your previous name?

Aug 14, 2009, 12:26 PM

Created an account yesterday, first post is trying to tell folks what they can and can't discuss on the board?

Nice.

There is a fundamental difference between

Aug 14, 2009, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Think of it this way... ]

UFC and Dog fighting.

In UFC the fighters have a CHOICE to fight. They decide they want to fight and get paid.

In dog fighting the dogs are forced into a ring to fight. They have no choice. If they lose, they are killed. If they don't fight, they are killed.

Vick should still be in prison. And for those that say the guy that killed someone in a DUI got off and so should Vick. The man involved in the DUI should be in prison for life. Both are just ridiculous. I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that.

Re: Such a weak reply. Vick didn't just fight dogs he tortured

Aug 14, 2009, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Such a weak reply. Vick didn't just fight dogs he tortured ]

Lady and the Tramp is my favorite movie you jerk!

You've got a man crush on the Dog Whisperer, don't you?***

Aug 14, 2009, 12:33 PM

Re: You've got a man crush on the Dog Whisperer, don't you?***

Aug 14, 2009, 12:48 PM

I love Benji....that is all!

No matter how you feel...

Aug 14, 2009, 10:26 AM

about what Vick did and whether or not he will do it again, under the current NFL standards he deserves to be able play. There are other's in the NFL who have done much worse things than what Vick did and they are still playing so let him attempt to turn his life around.

I agree...

Aug 14, 2009, 10:30 AM

with you about messing up again but primarily because the type of behavior that he engaged in has a pathology associated with it.
In short, it's likely that he's a sociopath. He's at the very least a sadist. Not someone it's easy to pull for, I think the man needs some serious mental help.

Re: I agree...

Aug 14, 2009, 10:39 AM

I'm cheering for him. He deserves a second chance, especially since he paid his time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look...

Aug 14, 2009, 11:01 AM

how many times does he have to prove he has no judgement before people accept it?
Ron Mexico, flipping off fans, the water bottle incident, dog fighting, lying to his boss about dog fighting...
I mean, let's not act like the man was a boy scout who happened to get caught up in a situation.

And all of that is beside the point; from a legal standpoint yes, he's paid his debt and can be employed. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's on trial for murdering someone in the next 10~15 years if he doesn't get some psychiatric help.

I'm glad you're not God.***

Aug 14, 2009, 10:45 AM

Give the guy a chance

Aug 14, 2009, 10:45 AM

Yes he screwed up, and he did his time. Like said before there are many players who have done far worse, they just didn't get the press that Vick did.

Time will tell if he has really changed but until then hold your judgment on him. You don't know him personally and neither do I, he deserves a second chance. What he does with it and gets out of it is in his own hands.

If he screws up again then so be it. He probably won't get another chance in the NFL.

Rick Pitino paid for an abortion from an adulterous affair.

Aug 14, 2009, 10:59 AM

How do you feel about that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least he paid.***

Aug 14, 2009, 11:00 AM

Personally, I'm offended... as people should be about

Aug 14, 2009, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Rick Pitino paid for an abortion from an adulterous affair. ]

what Vick did.

With his assistant's wife, no?***

Aug 14, 2009, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Rick Pitino paid for an abortion from an adulterous affair. ]

Re: With his assistant's wife, no?***

Aug 14, 2009, 12:05 PM

She wasn't his assitant's wife at the time. They didn't get married until after the semi-private after hours "dessert" serving.

Which is really weird.***

Aug 14, 2009, 12:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will never pull for a team with him on it. Never!***

Aug 14, 2009, 11:03 AM

Look if Ted Kennedy can kill a prostitute and still be

Aug 14, 2009, 11:17 AM

a Senator then Vick should get another chance.

Re: Look if Ted Kennedy can kill a prostitute and still be

Aug 14, 2009, 11:24 AM

Aint that the truth!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um.....prostitute???? Don't think so.***

Aug 14, 2009, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Look if Ted Kennedy can kill a prostitute and still be ]

Ok you got me - she was unpaid but still did the same work***

Aug 14, 2009, 11:39 AM

A bit oversimplified,no?***

Aug 14, 2009, 12:00 PM

A bit overignorant is more like it.***

Aug 14, 2009, 12:36 PM

Does it make any difference???

Aug 14, 2009, 3:30 PM

He drove his car off a bridge in a drunked stupor and left his goomah out there to drown. And HE'S STILL A U.S. SENATOR!!!!!!!!!! That tells me that the voters in Massachussetts are scum who elect scum. THAT'S the point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vick/// Would you feel that way if it was your brother.

Aug 14, 2009, 11:18 AM

He paid what "our" court system gave him. But i guess you think he should have ask for more. "Nut Holder" !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are many thugs in the NFL.

Aug 14, 2009, 11:31 AM

I don't condone what Vick did, but what about guys like Ray Lewis...present in an alley when a guy gets killed and doesn't even get suspended for one game! And the commentators glow over him.

Not enough time.............

Aug 14, 2009, 11:45 AM

he served prison time......for DOG fighting!! Like him or not, future f#ck up or not, the punishment did not fit the crime. And in my book, never will.

exactly... a year in prison for a freaking dog is ridiculous***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: exactly... a year in prison for a freaking dog is ridiculous***

Aug 14, 2009, 11:56 AM

I agree. The dog shouldn't have had to do ANY time, in my opinion.

Definitely doesn't deserve to return to the game, imo********

Aug 14, 2009, 11:59 AM

So he's a thug. It's the NFL.

Aug 14, 2009, 12:38 PM

We're talking about whether he's moral enough to play in the NFL fer chrissake. That's low bar no matter how you look at it.

Replies: 55
| visibility 882
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic