Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TCU should be a marque game for us...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 966

TCU should be a marque game for us...

Jul 21, 2009, 10:35 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/07/21/tcu-mwc.ap/index.html?eref=si_ncaaf

win this one...and set the tone for our season. Yes, GT will loom huge in conference and our ability to put things together despite the outcome with TCU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, huge to get get and keep some momentum***

Jul 21, 2009, 10:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry, one to many "gets"***

Jul 21, 2009, 10:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm looking forward to that game the most.***

Jul 21, 2009, 11:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I think it's ridiculous to think that our fans......

Jul 21, 2009, 11:49 PM

think of TCU as a marque game

GT, Wake, usc, miami, fsu, ncst, etc.......dwarf the TCU game and team

TCU is just another "mid major power" that thinks they can hang w/ anybody they put on their schedule b/c the media hypes them up like they're some real power. Now i'm not saying that we are a power by any means but we sure as heck better beat TCU by 2 or more TDs or we're in trouble.

I made the reference to our past expectations and when

Jul 22, 2009, 12:14 AM

... we failed early to them ...the teams seemed to struggle getting into a groove. Early in the season and several questions to be answered at that point. True, the conference schedule is always the important one ....

Yeah, a team that finished last season ranked in the top 10

Jul 22, 2009, 12:51 AM [ in reply to I think it's ridiculous to think that our fans...... ]

should be treated as a nothing game just because they happen to play in the Moutain West.

College football has changed. Teams everywhere can flat out play.

Keep chasing those windmills, Steve!

Didn't TCU finish with the top ranked D last year

Jul 22, 2009, 8:59 AM [ in reply to I think it's ridiculous to think that our fans...... ]

and ranked in the top 20? They've got a heckuva program down there and have been very solid over the last 5 years or so. They've got a great coach as well. Anyone with some football knowledge would not make statements like those.

The only way that this game is dwarfed by any others is because of the conference implications. We will have much easier games with some of our in-conference foes than we will have on Sept. 26th.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TCU should be a marque game for us...

Jul 22, 2009, 1:06 AM

GT game is more important than the TCU game.. TCU isn't in our conference

Jul 22, 2009, 5:19 AM

Thank you!

Jul 22, 2009, 5:26 AM

Your forgetting the big picture.It's called the conference,and with two conference games before TCU,and 3 more following that,the focus should be the conference,and not whether TCU wins,or is favored to win the Mountain West.The marque game,if any should be the Orange Bowl,which means you won the ACC title.Tke care of the conference,worry about the conference,then talk about TCU being a marque game.Some people believed the Bama game last year was going to set the tone for Big things.Yea,you couldn't get any bigger than what happened in OCT.

Clemson fans who trash talk TCU sound like morons......

Jul 22, 2009, 5:55 AM

...to the rest of the football world.

In the last four years, TCU went 41-10, with wins over a 10-3 BYU team, a 12-1 Boise State team, an 8-5 Texas Tech team and an 8-4 Oklahoma team ranking as their best wins. TCU's worst loss over those four years was to a 5-8 Wyoming team. Over the same most recent period, the Horned Frogs have won 4 straight bowls.

Meanwhile Clemson went 32-19, with our best wins over a 9-5 Boston College team, a 9-4 Wake Forest team, a 9-5 GT team and an 8-5 FSU team. We lost to a 4-7 Wake team. We went 1-3 in bowl games.

The Horned Frogs come into Clemson fresh off a top ten finish.

The game is in Death Valley, so the Tigers can win. Thinking we have the game in the bag, or 'should win by two touchdowns' probably sounds really stupid to much of the college football world. It sure seems braindead to me. TCU will be a formidable opponent. Beating them will be a challenge. We ought not undervaule how good a win it could be by making predictions that look foolish and make great bulletin board material.

That's my call, anyway.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I absolutely agree !!!!***

Jul 22, 2009, 8:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely.***

Jul 22, 2009, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Clemson fans who trash talk TCU sound like morons...... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson fans who trash talk TCU sound like morons......

Jul 22, 2009, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Clemson fans who trash talk TCU sound like morons...... ]

I also agree. We certainly are capable of winning, but TCU is a good team. I hope Dabbo brings a fired up ready to play team to every game and they play from start to finish every week. If he can do that, I like our chances against anybody, but we cannot take any plays off. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 966
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic