Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congratulations to the NAACP:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Congratulations to the NAACP:

Jul 7, 2009, 12:18 PM

You have been successful in boycotting a state with the fourth highest per capita amount of African Americans, costing your own constituents who knows how much tax revenue, revenues for their own businesses, etc. In 2000, you agreed to put the flag where it is, now you don't seem to remember that. You suck, your organization sucks, and you are hurting those you claim to be fighting for. All in all, you are the epitome of epic fail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dare I say POTD?***

Jul 7, 2009, 12:36 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can someone forward that to the NAACP***

Jul 7, 2009, 12:38 PM

Re: Can someone forward that to the NAACP***

Jul 7, 2009, 1:00 PM

info@scnaacp.org

Re: Congratulations to the NAACP:

Jul 7, 2009, 1:04 PM

My father was in the state house of representatives when they voted to move the flag to its new location. The NAACP helped choose the spot it is now placed in. They wanted it off the capital building and put in a monument. But, once they got what they wanted they realized they no longer had anything to complain about. So, they started complaining about where it is now. Regardless of what any person/state/entity does to appease them, they will always find something else to complain about. They loose their power if they can't.

You must be a good hammerer because you hit the

Jul 7, 2009, 1:07 PM

nail on the head. If they don't have anything to complain about, they lose function and purpose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Funny... I don't ever remember the NAACP voting on

Jul 7, 2009, 1:37 PM

any SC bill that resulted in the flag being moved. And I certainly don't remember them agreeing that right in front of the state house on Main Street was the best place for it.

LOL.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

wrong

Jul 7, 2009, 1:46 PM

http://www.answers.com/topic/confederate-flag-flag-of-the-confederacy

In 2005, two Western Carolina University researchers found that 74% of African-Americans polled favored removing the flag from the South Carolina State House altogether.[21] The NAACP and other civil rights groups have attacked the flag's continued presence at the state capitol. The NAACP maintains an official economic boycott of South Carolina, citing its continued display of the battle flag on its State House grounds, despite an initial agreement to call off the boycott after it was removed from the State House dome.

Toogie's wrong? That never happens!***

Jul 7, 2009, 1:48 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

Wow... when did the NAACP get elected to a seat in SC

Jul 7, 2009, 2:06 PM [ in reply to wrong ]

General Assembly??

Like I said... the NAACP did not vote on anything. As your article states... all they have done is support a boycott of the state.

No one said they are in general assembly

Jul 7, 2009, 2:09 PM

However, the NAACP leaders met with members of the general assembly to discuss the issue, plus you have heard of lobbyists right? There was an initial agreement they came up with and have since moved beyond

Can you read?

Jul 7, 2009, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Wow... when did the NAACP get elected to a seat in SC ]

They supported a boycott of the state. Then they supported removing the flag from the dome and ending the boycott. Then they supported starting up the boycott again.

This isn't complicated, Einstein.

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

he is a coot

Jul 7, 2009, 2:10 PM

just saying

Here is what I know... I know that MY state

Jul 7, 2009, 2:17 PM

1)looks like a bunch of idiots clinging to a #### flag.
2)is losing millions of dollars hosting athletic events, which again contributes to #1.

Go ahead and let pride get in the way of those things... but as long as you do, you look every bit as ridiculous as the NAACP.

you look ridiculous by thinking it would stop there***

Jul 7, 2009, 2:20 PM

The NAACP may not stop its rediculous boycott...

Jul 7, 2009, 2:39 PM

but the NCAA and the ACC would no longer have a politically correct basis to comply with their requests.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

really? you think they had no opinion on the matter and

Jul 7, 2009, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Funny... I don't ever remember the NAACP voting on ]

no say so? please

Of course... but they didn't vote on anything.

Jul 7, 2009, 2:07 PM

There is no way in hell they would have agreed from the start to move the flag to it's current location.

And you call me delusional.

One more time for the slow-witted....

Jul 7, 2009, 2:11 PM

They agreed to end the boycott if it was removed from the top of the State House. Then they decided to change their minds and continue the boycott after it was removed from the dome.

I hope I typed this slow enough for you to follow.

You're right ...they did....

Jul 7, 2009, 2:28 PM

Once it became apparent that the flag was going to be removed from the statehouse dome, the NAACP renigged on the original agreement and began placing restrictions and limitations on an acceptable alternate location.

However, while the state legislature also agreed to erect a black history monument as a gesture of good will, I don't think the NAACP ever agreed that placing the flag on a confederate soldiers monument located on the state house grounds (let alone right in from of the state house) was an acceptable alternative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

when have I called you delusional?***

Jul 7, 2009, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Of course... but they didn't vote on anything. ]

I don't think you did call him delusional.

Jul 7, 2009, 2:13 PM

But you should have.

another source

Jul 7, 2009, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Funny... I don't ever remember the NAACP voting on ]

thay may not have agreed to its current site but the only thing they were requesting was removal from dome

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/07/14/2008-07-14_confederate_flag_faces_naacp_war_in_sout.html

Confederate flag faces NAACP war in South Carolina
The Associated Press

CINCINNATI - NAACP leaders meeting in Cincinnati say they will step up their campaign against flying the Confederate battle flag on state grounds in South Carolina.

Dennis Courtland Hayes, interim president and CEO, said Monday at the civil rights organization's national convention that action plans are in the works and to stay tuned for details.

The NAACP and other critics call the rebel flag a symbol of slavery and racism; defenders call it an emblem of Southern pride.

A 2000 compromise removed the flag from the Capitol dome in South Carolina. It now flies on Statehouse grounds near the Confederate Soldier Monument.

Which is all I have ever said.

Jul 7, 2009, 2:09 PM

you guys are funny...

"You guys just wanted it moved from the dome... you never said WHERE we had to put it! HA HA!!! Now it's right in your face!!"

Give me a break. Some of you people are every bit as responsible for our state missing out on NCAA dollars as the NAACP.

Let go of the pride... SC will be much better off if you do.

to use your logic, i was not aware that I was an elected

Jul 7, 2009, 2:13 PM

member of the SC Assembly, silly me

right in their face at a

Jul 7, 2009, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Which is all I have ever said. ]

Confederate memorial sounds like an appropriate place for a confederate flag. It even provides some historical background instead of flying it blindly, leaving nothing to guess as to what it is meant to symbolize.

Funny how the confederate memorial never needed help

Jul 7, 2009, 2:19 PM

from the battle flag until recently.

By the way... if that's you argument, then why not fly the Condeferate "National" Flag as opposed to the battle flag?

im going to leave that answer to you so you can learn

Jul 7, 2009, 2:21 PM

something. There is a significance to that particular flag and sc

The Virginia Battle Flag has more significance that the

Jul 7, 2009, 10:51 PM

flag SC would have used as a member of the confereate states of america??? Run that by me again?

By the way... if the Battle Flag was so important... why wasn't it flown anywhere on the state grounds for the 100 years following the civil war? You realize this all started as the result of a goofy 'celebration' of the civil war centennial right? It was never intended to stay up forever.

again you must improve reading comprehension

Jul 8, 2009, 10:26 AM

I never said the flag was important, I could careless where they put it or if it even existed. I do have problems with how the NAACP operates and I do not think they should even have a gripe.

Again, go learn something, if you go back and look at the history of that particular flag, you will find it has more of a significant tie to SC over the rest of the flags. There is a reason they chose that flag to use. I want you to learn something so im not going to come out and say it, but the answer is a google search away.

its not that it needed help, but it was a place to put the

Jul 7, 2009, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Funny how the confederate memorial never needed help ]

flag in its correct context as not to be mistaken as its many mistaken associations

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic