Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Overnight results and Region hopes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Overnight results and Region hopes

May 16, 2009, 8:14 AM

The win last night was good. UVa's continued slide to the Hokies was better.

By losing 9-8 to VTech, The Hoos now cannot finish the season above .500 against Top 50 competition. If the Hokies can complete the sweep today, Virginia closes the regular season with a 5-5 stretch. As much as the NCAA wants Region sites further north, they also want teams that will do well as hosts. The Hoos may well have played themselves out of it.

Speaking of playing themselves out, watch JawJaw drop entirely off the radar (even if it means the Gaspumpers are playing well!) Losers of 10 of their last 12 (including last night's 7-1 stumble to UCS) the Dawgs have taken on a Chrysler sort of quality lately.

By the way, it is still possible for Clemson to finish as a third seed in the upcoming ACC tourney. If we beat NC State and BC upends the Heels, we finish the season at 19-11 with UNC at 18-11 (thanks to a rainout). Just to compound matters throw in another Duke win over GTech to drop the Jackets to 17-10-1. The TIgers would have the second best record in the ACC, and a second seed, right. Wrong. Under the setup for the tourney, the division winners are the 1-2 seeds, even if someone else has a better record. Such is life. But the No. 3 seed in the ACC tourney should be a lock for hosting a Region.

So beat the Wuffies, get that road sweep and cruie into the tourney next week.

Elsewhere, we got a little help last night:

Sub-.500 Miss State Beat No. 2 LSU 8-7
.500 Kentucky beat No. 11 Florida 8-7
Oklahoma beat No. 19 Texas A&M (a push for us) 6-5
Ole Miss beat No. 16 Arkansas (another push) 9-3
And Duke beat No. 5 GTech 6-4

So ... with one game to go, Clemson finds itseld no. 6 in the RPI, a top 10 SoS, a plus .500 road record, and potentially winners of 14 of the last 17. That sounds like a Region resume to me, folks.

Take care of business, Tigers!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Overnight results and Region hopes

May 16, 2009, 9:41 AM

Good stuff. Thanks for the update. I don't see any way we don't host if we win today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is possible... we've been screwed before when it comes

May 16, 2009, 1:11 PM

hosting...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

had me laughing

May 16, 2009, 10:09 AM

"the Dawgs have taken on a Chrysler sort of quality lately"

good stuff!

we could actually still get a top 8 seed

May 16, 2009, 10:50 AM

if we win today and finish strong in the acc tourney, (probably need to at least make the finals), then I think we got it. Our attendance draw plus our very high RPI helps our case.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Clemson also owns wins

May 16, 2009, 12:05 PM

over two of the three teams that have 40 wins right now, UNC and Coastal Carolina. Obviously, the Tigers haven't faced LSU, the third team with 40 wins.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic