Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Danny Ford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 659

Danny Ford

Oct 30, 2008, 8:23 PM

As stated in an article earlier this week, Danny Ford last coached a game at Clemson in 1989. Since that time, there has been three head football coaches with each of these coaches reaching out to Ford with the exception of Ken Hatfield.

I say this because, Danny Ford has always been kind to Clemson although the Clemson administration has never fully embraced him since he left. Ford has been more than willing to allow coaches to reach out to him and provide them with insight into the football program.

It's past time for Clemson University to fully welcome Danny Ford back to the Clemson, not as a the head football coach, but as a former head football coach that should be viewed on the same level that Frank Howard is viewed by this University.

The NCAA found no violations in its investigations. Why not bring Ford for football Saturday's in Clemson? He is such a vital piece of the tradition at Clemson.

It's time for President Barker to get off his top 20 university and focus on putting Ford back into the football program. It's what Danny Ford deserves given what he's contributed to the University.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we love you danny ford***

Oct 30, 2008, 8:45 PM

Re: Danny Ford

Oct 30, 2008, 9:48 PM

> As stated in an article earlier this week, Danny Ford
> last coached a game at Clemson in 1989. Since that
> time, there has been three head football coaches with
> each of these coaches reaching out to Ford with the
> exception of Ken Hatfield.
>
> I say this because, Danny Ford has always been kind
> to Clemson although the Clemson administration has
> never fully embraced him since he left. Ford has
> been more than willing to allow coaches to reach out
> to him and provide them with insight into the
> football program.
>
> It's past time for Clemson University to fully
> welcome Danny Ford back to the Clemson, not as a the
> head football coach, but as a former head football
> coach that should be viewed on the same level that
> Frank Howard is viewed by this University.
>
> The NCAA found no violations in its investigations.
> Why not bring Ford for football Saturday's in
> n Clemson? He is such a vital piece of the tradition
> at Clemson.
>
> It's time for President Barker to get off his top 20
> university and focus on putting Ford back into the
> football program. It's what Danny Ford deserves
> given what he's contributed to the University.

The administration that never fully embraced DF is and has been gone for some time. I think he has been fully welcomed back into the Clemson family since then, evident by him being inducted into the Clemson Hall of Fame and in the Ring of Honor. Additionally I often see him tailgating on games days and at the Esso. He is always having a great time and treated like royalty by everyone who sees him. He is the standard of Clemson Football.

Re: Danny Ford

Oct 30, 2008, 9:53 PM

Whether they do or not, those of us that appreciate Danny and what he did to put Clemson on the map will never be forgotten. He will always be the standard by which Clemson football is measured. I believe he is enjoying life away from the rigors of football and has been very succesful as a businessman. There is nothing I would love more than to see him run down the hill again but, Clemson had their chance in 1998 after West was fired and chose to go another direction. I believe that was it as far as Ford was concerned. He loves the school and the fans and I'm sure he will always be willing to help in an "advisory" capacity or just to lend moral support. But I don't ever see him getting involved officially with the football program again. But what the heck do I know? That's just opinion.

He should be embraced by the Univ.

Oct 30, 2008, 10:01 PM

in some official capacity like Howard was (ambassador) and then have a statue built in his honor or a new athletic building named after him.

Then have Robinson and Lennon's heads removed and put on a pike outside the Valley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 659
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic