Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Open letter to CJ Spiller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,413

Open letter to CJ Spiller

Sep 7, 2008, 3:38 PM

CJ,
I dont know how to personally tell you this, so this the best forum I know to put it on. Hopefully more people will read this and feel the same way I do.

I have a family member who worked security at the game yesterday. When I spoke with them they told me about Spiller signing as many autographs as he could for kids after the game. He even went as far as to ask the security to go get him more things to sign for the people waiting. I dont know who else may have been there, or if other players may have been at other spots, but I do know that he was the only one at that location (and many walked by never signing one piece of paper) who stopped and started signing. Kids grow up idolizing you, and you did things yesterday that will mean more to them than any TD you ever score. You were all class, and you represent this university with and understanding that surpasses simply winning and losing. I only wish everyone else wearing that uniform yesterday had the same understanding as you do about how much that means for kids who think you can move mountains simply because you are a Clemson Tiger. Thank you for representing this university and its fans with the class of a professional and using your own personal time to do things that will put a smile on these peoples faces long after you have scored your last TD for Clemson. My only regret is that I do not know how to tell you peronally how much it means for you to use your time in that manner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Open letter to CJ Spiller- nice you should send this...

Sep 7, 2008, 3:45 PM

...to Bourett or Bowden and I'm sure they'd see he gets it. Or the fb operations guy whose name escapes me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Open letter to CJ Spiller

Sep 7, 2008, 3:53 PM

Go to clemson.edu and in the A-Z index go to Phone Book. His email address should show up.

CJ Spiller has more important things to do

Sep 7, 2008, 3:59 PM

than come on tigernet. He will never read what you wrote.

Maybe Maybe not.

Sep 7, 2008, 4:25 PM

I'll tell you this, players may or may not read the forums, but they certainly hear about them from others.

Hopefully someone will get this to CJ. I suspect that they will.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

want me to send this to CJ?***

Sep 7, 2008, 4:26 PM

Re: Open letter to CJ Spiller

Sep 7, 2008, 4:25 PM

Thanks CJ!

facebook or email....both are easy ways to send this to him***

Sep 7, 2008, 4:30 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,413