Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all the Bowden haters out there I thought I would write
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,009

For all the Bowden haters out there I thought I would write

Aug 21, 2008, 10:17 PM

this, and put it out there. I have also been very critical of Bowden and I am not completely sold on his coaching skills but...

There is no question about the type of kids we are bringing in to our beloved University. I took my 4 year old to Fan Day a couple of weeks ago and was absolutely blown away at how genuine and nice the guys are. CJ picked him up and held him for a picture, JD sat him on his lap for a picture as well. We also went around to the rest of the team and every single one of them took time to speak to him and sign his jersey (JD of course) and they all were so incredible. I was shocked at how good these guys were as human beings, there is no sense of entitlement, none of them acted too good to say hi to a couple of life long Tiger fans. I spoke to Jamie Harper for about 5 minutes. I told him that I was so glad he came to Clemson and all he could say was how great it was here and that he would not want to be anywhere else.

So I guess the point is we are heading in the right direction and I gained A TON of respect for CTB that day. He is the RIGHT guy for our team, and I know that we will rip the ACC this year.

GO TIGERS.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said . . .

Aug 21, 2008, 10:53 PM

and I feel the same in that I've been really critical of TB too, but you're absolutely right that he brings in quality kids and sets a good example for them.

This is Bowden's 10th year. He's got the talent, so there

Aug 21, 2008, 11:01 PM

is no excuse for not winning.

Rich Rod took WVU as far as he could

Aug 21, 2008, 11:27 PM

Now he is at the Big House. People don't realize the aftershock of a Post Rich Rod Clemson football team.

I saw him checking classes during summer school

Aug 21, 2008, 11:31 PM

To me that is going above and beyond, and being more fatherly to a group of kids that might have missed out on that aspect of life. So the man cares about these kids, no doubt about it.

Re: For all the Bowden haters out there I thought I would write

Aug 22, 2008, 12:51 AM

I agree that he is bringing in great kids, however Clemson is 8-8 in its last 16 games as a favorite. That's the worst in the country. And keep in mind some of those games they were big favorites. I would speculate that they were like 3-7 in games where they were a small fav. THAT HAS TO CHANGE.

Vanderbilt says hello...#6 to 6-6 still stings doesn't it ?

Aug 22, 2008, 8:17 AM

Thank goodness Bowden has never been under .500 in the conference.

quote from Bowden

Aug 22, 2008, 1:19 AM

He said this in an interview wih Dan Scott on cutigers.com

"Oh yeah, because who wants to be…no coach wants to be known as the nice guy. You know, 'he’s a nice guy, he’s won some games, he disciplines well, graduated his players.' That’s nice but that’s not why you get into coaching."

This is not Vandy or Duke. Bowden was brought here to win football games. IF Bowden left tomorrow does that mean none of the players will graduate? That all of a sudden the players will become a-holes? He was brought here to win. If he does not do it this year then when? How many chances are you willing to give him? Are you happy with 8 wins a year? 9? If so then ok. But i'm sure there are a lot of fans on here that want more then just 8 or 9 wins a year. They wanna win the ACC and play in BCS bowls. Be feared again. I hope Bowden does succeed. B/c if Bowden is succeeding that means Clemson is succeeding.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,009
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic