Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Anybody Talk About Football on Here?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Does Anybody Talk About Football on Here?

Aug 4, 2008, 7:49 PM

So, judging by the influx of clemson fans over on our board with this opinion, it seems that most of you believe Clemson will dominate Bama on Aug. 30th. I'm just wondering if this is indeed the case and, if so, what is your reasoning for that.

And let's try not to turn this into a flame-fest. I'm not really interested in a pissing match. I'm just curious to see what you guys think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be honest about it, I not sure which team will win this

Aug 4, 2008, 7:55 PM

game. Maybe that's why they play the daggum thing. I hope Clemson wins. Wait a min, they will win.....BIG. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Answer

Aug 4, 2008, 7:58 PM

I think the majority of fans here expect a close, hard-fought game with a Tiger W. Clemson's offensive firepower and solid D should be enough in spite of a young O-line and slightly thin LB core. We just don't feel that Bama has the offensive weapons in place right now to pull this one out.

Now, for someone not looking for a flame-fest or pissing match, your previous 4 posts as well as the title of this one would seem to indicate otherwise. One thing you'll note around here...objective, adult discussions are more than welcome. Come in here with a chip on your shoulder, and these guys can get pretty brutal.

Just remember...you'll only get as much respect as you give.

See you on the 30th!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

From FGF:

"Anyone that believes that Tommy Bowden willingly stepped down from his head coaching duties, please raise your hand. Because I have some nice beach front property in Florida I would love to sell you."

and we don't ban you from our board even when you

Aug 4, 2008, 8:49 PM

come over here just to talk trash!

um...directed to me or eminart? ;)***

Aug 4, 2008, 8:52 PM

null

Message was edited by: Mingpd23®

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

From FGF:

"Anyone that believes that Tommy Bowden willingly stepped down from his head coaching duties, please raise your hand. Because I have some nice beach front property in Florida I would love to sell you."

eminart***

Aug 4, 2008, 9:23 PM

Re: and we don't ban you from our board even when you

Aug 4, 2008, 8:53 PM [ in reply to and we don't ban you from our board even when you ]

> come over here just to talk trash!

Who's talking trash? I admit I responded to a few of your threads about Bama with some lighthearted jabs of my own, but I came over here to talk football. If you can do that, carry on. If not, go back to obsessing over south carolina and steve spurrier.

first of all, i don't obsess over usuc and steve s, not much

Aug 4, 2008, 9:22 PM

there to worry about! secondly, you call it "lighthearted jabs" i call it talking trash, either way i think you have pretty much contridicted your statement about not wanting to start a pissing contest. that said, if you want to talk football then i think it will be a good, close game with clemson winning. i think this is our year to break out offensively and bama doesn't have the defence to stop us. i think we can put up enough points to cover any our defence gives up!

^^^showing his true "flamboyant" color^^^***

Aug 4, 2008, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: and we don't ban you from our board even when you ]

Not any Yardbirds.

Aug 4, 2008, 7:59 PM

And yes, we are two scores better than you.

With your average quarterback, your deficiency at WR, decent RB, and good OL, tendency to start slow with lots of mistakes (BTW I am an Alabamian), your OL hasn't enough to stop our DL, JPW won't succeed against our DBs, you'll struggle to score 17.

You got a decent DL, McClain is a stud, nothing to be scared of in your DBs. Our offensive skill is everything you've heard. We'll get 27-30 points.

How's that?

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Not any Yardbirds.

Aug 4, 2008, 8:32 PM

your deficiency at WR

There seems to be a percieved deficiency in that area by clemson fans, but I don't think that's the case. We lost our top three recievers from a year ago and I think may have become more talented because of it. We're not highly experienced at the position, but we do return a lot of talent (Stover, McCoy, Alexander, and reshirt freshman Hanks) and obviously there's the superstud recruits which I don't think will play a lot. Honestly, I think WR is a strength, not a weakness.

decent RB

Our "decent" RB put up better numbers as a freshman last year than Moreno did, until he got hurt. He did that with a struggling o-line.

and good OL

I hope. It could have been good last year, but was decimated by susupensions, and injuries. Hopefully, it can come together as a cohesive unit for a full year.

tendency to start slow with lots of mistakes

Alabama? Are you sure? Are you talking about starting slow in a season, or starting slow in a game?

In the past several years, we've started very strong and finished weak.
As far as gamewise, bama outscored opponents 117-44 in the first quarter last year.

OL hasn't enough to stop our DL

Admittedly, I don't know much about your DL, but I doubt it's better than our OL.

JPW won't succeed against our DBs, you'll struggle to score 17

Haha. Ok. While I don't think your DB's are any better than LSU's, GA's, or TN's we'll just wait and see.
But what about your LB's? Are they going to be able to matchup with our very speedy RB out of the backfield?

nothing to be scared of in your DBs
Just a lockdown CB, an all-SEC free safety, and a couple of very talented guys stepping in this year.

Our offensive skill is everything you've heard

I have no doubt that clemson is very talented at the skill positions, but I'm not so convinced that they're so talented where it really counts. Your guys can't run or throw if our DE's and LB's are all over them.

That's my argument.

I think what he meant to say is....

Aug 4, 2008, 8:37 PM

Alabama fans are slow and you were a mistake

That's my argument.

Folks, this is THE example of the overblown mentality

Aug 4, 2008, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Not any Yardbirds. ]

of Bammers. I've seen it nearly 20 years. "We just HAVE to be that much better than you because we are BAMA and you are, well...

There is no human that can actually believe the loss of your all-time leading receiver, and next year the position is a strength.

Yes, I am sure! Alabama, doesn't play flawless or like a giant killer coming out of the summertime box. Twenty years of history.

Admittedly, you know NOTHING about our football team. That's what I like about you pompous BUMMERS. It will be that much sweeter watching you limp home on I-20.

LB's? Who do you think deals with CJ Spiller/James Davis/Jacoby Ford everyday? You do realize 2 of these 3 about missed the game because of being in China? Prepare yourself little one, for speed...everywhere in ORANGE.

Good for you: 2 DBs. I'd love to see that lock down against 6'4" minimum..pick either side of the field... Why don't you do a little research on our FIVE DBs....

Bwahahahaha..your ONE LB. We see DEs like that EVERY snap in practice. My suggestion to you is to read our boards and see if the defense dominates every practice. If so, you have an argument.

You're like every BUMMER I run into. So, I will tell you as I tell them. Prepare for the embarrassment of the overconfidence you have with that Es-She-She tat'd on your arm. For you have NO idea what is about to hit you.

-Telsa

sadly I think Bama fans have become coot fans with

Aug 4, 2008, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Not any Yardbirds. ]

a football history...

I guess your team is the only team that improves, you've got a coach that won at other schools and you play in SEC.

sad how the mighty have fallen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, Graphic there is a difference

Aug 4, 2008, 9:15 PM

Saban will get them there. Just not this year.

Spurrier is a different story. Tommy turned on the gas last year and is about to insert the fork...

-PhD

we will have to wait and see...he tends to get itchy and

Aug 4, 2008, 9:18 PM

bolt...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not any Yardbirds.

Aug 4, 2008, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Not any Yardbirds. ]

I dont think anyone is going to change your mind on a message board. Just shut up and play the game.

eminart<bamajama..... and thats saying a lot***

Aug 4, 2008, 8:02 PM

The Confederate flag is not racist. If you would like to hate a flag based on racist actions that took place under it, perhaps you should focus your energy on the American Flag.
before any of you criticize my sig, please understand the facts

Re: Does Anybody Talk About Football on Here?

Aug 4, 2008, 8:11 PM

First, let me say that I think it will be a close game, based on the fact that bama played up (and down) to the competition last year. You beat Arkansas and nearly beat UGA and LSU. Then you lost to MSU and ULM and almost lost to MISS. So I won't be surprised either way because Clemson has had the same tendencies over the last few years.

Second, I would say Clemson's skill players on offense have pretty much proven themselves. Our backfield includes the top three vote-getters for ACC player of the year. Add in Aaron Kelly who will be the ACC's all time leading receiver after this year and Jacoby Ford, one of the fastest players in all of college football. Our o-line is considered a weakness, but that's just because they are young and unproven. Coaches have said that this is the closest knit line they have ever coached, and they were mostly all blue chippers in high school. Bama has a lot of speed on d but almost the entire LB corp has been dessimated this offseason. I give the edge to Clemson.

I don't know much about bama's special teams other than Arenas can effing fly and is a threat there. We've got a couple of good return men ourselves in Spiller and Ford. Our punter last year avg 42+ yds/punt and he is being pushed by a true freshman. our kicker was less than brilliant last year but was splitting time with the soccer team. This year he is no longer playing soccer, so that could be good but he might lose his job to one of a couple of really good high school kickers but that has yet to be seen. I expect our coverage teams to be pretty good also as we are loaded with team speed at db and lb. Also note that we signed a LONG SNAPPER in this past recruiting class and since it is pretty much unprecedented to offer a scholarship to a high school long snapper, he must be pretty good.

Our defense is our strength this year. D-line is strong, quick and deep. Our entire secondary will play on sundays. LB is the biggest ? but redshirt fr middle lb Maye is supposed to be the real deal and the others are mad quick. ie, lots of raw talent but not much experience. Yall have a good o line especially the tackle (smith?) but they will have their hands full. I think the key to the game will be how wilson plays. I looked at summaries and box scores from all of yall's games from 2007 and in the wins he plays very well, completing around 60% and throwing 2-3 tds and no ints. in the losses, he completes around 50%, 0-1 td and 3 or so ints. for the season, he threw about the same number of ints as tds. so if he's on, it will be a dog fight, but if not, it could be over quick.

So I'm hoping Clemson wins but I wouldn't be surprised either way. I don't see Clemson getting blown out. If bama wins it will be close. I could see our defense dominating, though which could lead to about 27-10 Clemson or something around there.

How is your punter and kicker?

Aug 4, 2008, 8:17 PM

#### you got me pumped now! I couldn't have said it better. Actually, I couldn't have said half of what you said so thanks for enlightening myself as well! :)
I'm just extremely worried about our OL and young guys period. If they turn out to be any where near pretty darn good, I think this will deinitely be a special season.

Aug 4, 2008, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Anybody Talk About Football on Here? ]

Good point about recruiting the long snapper! I never thought of that!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, the devil made me do it! LMAO!!***

Aug 4, 2008, 8:33 PM

Huh, the above post belongs under the one below! GEEZ!!***

Aug 4, 2008, 8:39 PM

UGA may show the nation how important it is to have a

Aug 4, 2008, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Anybody Talk About Football on Here? ]

long snapper.

Thank you whoever got me off of 666 points

Aug 4, 2008, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Anybody Talk About Football on Here? ]

lol

Aug 4, 2008, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Anybody Talk About Football on Here? ]

> First, let me say that I think it will be a close
> game, based on the fact that bama played up (and
> down) to the competition last year. You beat
> Arkansas and nearly beat UGA and LSU. Then you lost
> to MSU and ULM and almost lost to MISS. So I won't
> be surprised either way because Clemson has had the
> same tendencies over the last few years.

Depth and injuries were the main reason for the falloff last year. We're hoping that doesn't happen again.

> I don't know much about bama's special teams other
> than Arenas can effing fly and is a threat there.
> We've got a couple of good return men ourselves in
> n Spiller and Ford.

Arenas is the real deal. He can "effing fly" but if you think he's fast, you're overlooking our RB, Grant. Arenas has great moves, but we have several players at the skill positions who are faster than him: RB Grant, WR Maze, FS Johnson, freshman BJ Scott, etc.

Our kick coverage has been very good. Hopefully it will only get better with more talent and speed this year.

I think the key to the game will
> be how wilson plays. I looked at summaries and box
> scores from all of yall's games from 2007 and in the
> wins he plays very well, completing around 60% and
> throwing 2-3 tds and no ints. in the losses, he
> completes around 50%, 0-1 td and 3 or so ints. for
> the season, he threw about the same number of ints as
> tds. so if he's on, it will be a dog fight, but if
> not, it could be over quick.

Wilson's stats are directly related to how our decimated OL played. The games where his stats look bad are the games where the OL was a revolving door. That SHOULD be better this year, even if not great.

> How is your punter and kicker?

Punter is below average. Kicker is Leigh Tiffin, son of legendary Bama kicker Van Tiffin. He came along very well last year and is named to the preseason all sec list.

Aug 4, 2008, 9:00 PM

cool. should be a good game. I can't wait!

btw, I read your reply to someone else's post about our d line. If you don't know anything about them, you're in for a surprise. the tackle position is very good and very deep. both starters should get drafted and all together the position goes 5 deep without much dropoff. At bandit end (a stand up end position like a OLB/DE hybrid) is jr. Ricky Sapp who is EXTREMELY quick off the ball and with an added 20 pounds over the offseason should be even better against the run. At strongside end is converted MLB who will probably lose his job to true freshman and 2008 no 1 prospect regardless of position Daquan Bowers. During his recruitment, college scouts said he was already ready to play in the NFL. We should all be in for a treat if he in fact beats out Alexander for the starting job by 8/30.

And as for our DB's, I would definitely put them up against any of the Dbs in the SEC. This is the same group that has started since 2006 and held Calvin Johnson to 0 catches that year. Last year they held Darrius Hayward-Bey (arguably best wr in acc and one of fastest in the country) to 0 catches. Just think how much better they will be with an improved pass rush from the front four this year. And about your incoming talent at wr, take a look real quick and tell me how many of them are actually on campus. I'm pretty sure Julio Jones is the only one.

Aug 4, 2008, 9:16 PM

And about your
> incoming talent at wr, take a look real quick and
> tell me how many of them are actually on campus. I'm
> pretty sure Julio Jones is the only one.

The WR's I listed are not incoming freshmen. I said "in addition to incoming superstuds which I don't think will play much". What I'm saying is, you all seem to be of the mentality that Bama will be relying on freshmen at WR. We won't. We have a lot of talent that is sophomore through senior level. That is in addition to the incoming WR's that are on campus, Julio Jones,and Burton (BJ) Scott. Like I said, I doubt we see the freshmen much because we DO have a lot of talent at WR.

Again, you are not seeing past your own Tusk

Aug 4, 2008, 10:17 PM

We RECRUITED Terry Grant and Nikita Stover. They were coming to Clemson over Alabama, but couldn't because of grades. They went JUCO and showed up at your doorstep. Earl was a verbal last year and changed his mind.

We know these players. In YOUR insolence, you DON'T know ours. That should give credence to the validity of whose prediction. Your 38-17 is again based on your overblown ego, not logic.

Make sure you are around here, 8/31, to take your medicine.

-Nikoli

Re: Again, you are not seeing past your own Tusk

Aug 5, 2008, 12:44 AM

> We RECRUITED Terry Grant and Nikita Stover. They
> were coming to Clemson over Alabama, but couldn't
> because of grades. They went JUCO and showed up at
> your doorstep. Earl was a verbal last year and
> changed his mind.
>
> We know these players. In YOUR insolence, you DON'T
> know ours. That should give credence to the validity
> of whose prediction. Your 38-17 is again based on
> your overblown ego, not logic.
>
> Make sure you are around here, 8/31, to take your
> medicine.
>
> -Nikoli

Nice try, but wrong. Terry Grant has never attended JUCO.

On a related note, do you know how you can tell if someone is a doctor? He'll tell you.

That's impossible!

Aug 5, 2008, 8:17 AM

How else could he have got into BUMMER if we couldn't take him with his grades???

Do the math, Einstein...

-Tesla

Re: That's impossible!

Aug 5, 2008, 6:05 PM

> How else could he have got into BUMMER if we couldn't
> take him with his grades???
>
> Do the math, Einstein...
>
> -Tesla

You're an idiot. Check his profile.

is that Gump boy still returning kicks?***

Aug 4, 2008, 8:40 PM

run forrest, run!***

Aug 4, 2008, 9:29 PM

I pose the same question to you

Aug 4, 2008, 8:52 PM

"Now, that being said, Bama wins 38-17 on Aug 30th. Roll Tide, Clemson fans. " - eminart

What is your reasoning for this bold prediction? Give us your diagnosis of this game (and not just a defense of the Bama shortcomings already mentioned). I'm curious to see what you think.

From FGF:

Re: I pose the same question to you

Aug 4, 2008, 9:07 PM

> "Now, that being said, Bama wins 38-17 on Aug 30th.
> Roll Tide, Clemson fans. " - eminart
>
> What is your reasoning for this bold prediction?
> Give us your diagnosis of this game (and not just a
> a defense of the Bama shortcomings already
> mentioned). I'm curious to see what you think.

The reasoning? I'm psyched up for the season to begin!

But, seriously, I think Alabama is going to be a better team than many people realize. I know the 7-6 record last year doesn't look good, but Bama was very close to being a good team last year. Anybody here know what was our greatest margin of defeat last year? Some of you may be surprised, considering we played against the likes of, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Arkansas, and TN.

And, while I think Clemson will be a solid SEC team, I just don't think they'll be any better than the top 4 or 5 teams in the SEC, which we always compete with very well.

People keep mentioning your RB's and I'm sure they're great, but we played against a lot of them last year. We play a lot of them every year. It will just be business as usual for Bama, and I think they'll be a much improved team.
Last year was Saban's first year. We had an offensive coordinator who was a little too green for the SEC. The players didn't know the system. There was a worse lack of depth than this coming year. All of those things change this year. I think Bama surprises the Tigers.

Your score prediction would indicate that you feel Clemson

Aug 4, 2008, 9:18 PM

just can't match up well with Bama. I think Tigerwife did a great job of running down the match-ups from our side. How do you see the match-ups?

Being "close" last year doesn't really amount to much. The whole "we play in the SEC" argument doesn't hold much merit for this game. That's better left to one of the OTHER maroon/garnet/crimson teams.

From FGF:

Re: Your score prediction would indicate that you feel Clemson

Aug 4, 2008, 9:23 PM

Mingpd--with his previous post about facing RB's like ours each week every year and score prediction, I'm starting to think he's a coot. Seriously! 38-17??? Did we give up that many points at all last year?

Re: Your score prediction would indicate that you feel Clems

Aug 4, 2008, 9:29 PM

Well, experience has shown that the more you get someone talking, the easier it is too see through the ruse. If he's a Bama fan, fine...display some working knowledge of your opponent. If he's a coot, it's only a matter of time before he is exposed. Let's just see where it goes.

From FGF:

his "we play in the high and mighty sec" argument,

Aug 4, 2008, 9:36 PM

sound pretty cootish to me.

I'm Not a #### Fan

Aug 4, 2008, 9:44 PM

Seriously, those guys bombarded our board when they hired Spurrier talking about how he'd build them into some sort of dynasty. I tried to explain to them that they're just South Carolina, but they weren't having it. We don't see them much anymore on our board.

Anyway, I have no beef with you guys. You seem to be fairly grounded in your predictions. What I was referring to is a lot of Clemson fans posting on other sites about how they're going to run all over Bama. I just wondered if that was the consensus opinion or if those particular fans were just exhuberant 'tards. It appears that most of you are rational enough. I don't necessarily agree with everything you say, but hey, we're not supposed to agree. I'm a Bama fan.

you will find out that many fans posting as clemson fans

Aug 4, 2008, 9:49 PM

on rival boards are just coots.

most clemson fans respect Bama's program and know it's going to be a good game. I still think we've got more speed and talent and will win late.

but I think bama will have a good season, but not contend for SEC this yr. Too many bama fans think a #1 class gets them back on top and it doesn't

Occasionally we have #### fans pose as us on other

Aug 4, 2008, 9:50 PM [ in reply to I'm Not a #### Fan ]

message boards. Not saying that's the case here, but please don't judge an entire fanbase based on a couple of idiot posters.

I mean really...what if we thought all Bama fans were like bamajama? ;)

From FGF:

Aug 4, 2008, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I pose the same question to you ]

"People keep mentioning your RB's and I'm sure they're great, but we played against a lot of them last year. We play a lot of them every year. It will just be business as usual for Bama, and I think they'll be a much improved team."

Dude, who besides Felix Jones and D. McFadden did you guys play? Hester and that small/quick guy from LSU may be about the next best thing.

Also, 38-17? Not saying Clemson will win or anything, but if we do lose, it #### sure won't be giving up 38 points to you guys. Not saying your offense isn't any good, but I don't think we gave up 38 last year (I'd have to go look it up) and we return most of our D. I mean I know you're an SEC team, but you're crazy if you really feel this. Then again it is your opinion. And if we do, we may not win a game all season.

Aug 4, 2008, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I pose the same question to you ]

I think it's funny that you think our RB's are our only weapons on offense. I hope your defense keys on our running game and leaves Kelly, Grisham, Ford, and Co. in single coverage. Harper had better stats last year than Matt Ryan, who in case you've been under a rock for the past year was drafted preeetty high in the draft.

And while our LB's are inexperienced, they're more than fast enough to keep up with Grant and others. Give me a minute and I'll give you a link to their 40 times. The talent is there, all that remains is to do it on the field. Anyway, you should probably keep your RB in to block or you could be forced to test out your backup qb before halftime.

Aug 5, 2008, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I pose the same question to you ]

"And, while I think Clemson will be a solid SEC team, I just don't think they'll be any better than the top 4 or 5 teams in the SEC, which we always compete with very well."

So when did we join the SEC? lol

No, basketball:

Aug 4, 2008, 9:42 PM

http://tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=7031

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we're definitely better than you

Aug 4, 2008, 9:52 PM

are you serious? just because you alabama doesn't mean you're owed something. go ask ULM how much they owe you. go back to your trailer.

is that an example of the response you were expecting?

Aug 4, 2008, 10:04 PM

there are some rational people on here, you know.

I think it's going to be a lot like the FSU game last year. I think we come out hot, and ya'll come back in the 2nd half, however, we win by 10.

Clemson is going hang half-a-hundred on Bama***

Aug 5, 2008, 1:18 AM

Broadcast Talent. Show Host. PxP and Color Guy. Believer. As seen/heard on @nflnetwork @espn @foxsports @cbssports @1055theroar

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic