Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't beileve this is finally happening (really long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,868

I can't beileve this is finally happening (really long)

May 8, 2008, 11:16 PM

Tomorrow's the big day. I get to walk the stage, shake Barker's hand and turn my ring around. I will be able to say "I'm an alumna of Clemson University". And what a ride it's been.
I've been through some of the best times of my life and faced some of my biggest challenges, the biggest of which came during my freshman year. I came to Clemson knowing no one. I was the only one from my graduating class to come here. My first semester flew by because of band. Back then, I wasn't dogged at games or recognized by fans because the pigtails hadn't become that noticeable. I was just an innocent, uptight freshman trying to find her way. I would have loved to go to a bowl game that year, but we all know what happened in 29-7.
Basketball was tough that year too. We were barely a .500 club and I was in the middle of my well-known depression battle. I changed my major, my housing and some of my lifestyles to help me pull through. That's when I started going to and quickly fell in love with Clemson Baseball.
I came back for a second year in 05-06 with a fresh new outlook on life. I started enjoying my classes and band even more. Football was a blast again. Some of my favorite games, including the Miami game and 13-9 happened that year. Basketball was a little more fun, too because we won more games and made it farther in the NIT. I posted my first Dean's list semester that spring, just as the baseball team started their run to Omaha. I can recall every detail of the bottom of the 9th of game 1 of that super regional, including the moment when Tyler Colvin dropped the bomb to give us the win. That was pure euphoria.
My third year was the hardest year to follow football, but also had another one of my favorite games: the trip to Florida State! That was such a wonderful trip and we WON for the first time in 17 years at the Doak. It was too bad that team fell apart. I also watched the basketball team do the same thing: start strong, then fall apart. A couple of plays made the difference of us going to the NCAA's and the NIT. But the free trip to NYC was amazing! By then, many tiger fans were recognizing me both in uniform and out of uniform. The baseball team was fun to watch that year, too. I still think we got hosed in the super regional. It should have been in DKS!!! That year, the idea of graduating ### Laude had gotten into my head. I saw my second appearance on the Dean's list that spring.
My senior year couldn't have been any better. I had my heart set on teaching Spanish, I had many wonderful friends, and I finally had a title in Tiger Band. My title was not "workhorse" or "slave" but the band took advantage of my willingness to help. Football was fun again, especially Buchholz's last kick... i was in tears and could barely breathe after that one. I also couldn't have asked for a better senior day, except for a win against BC. Hearing my name called out during pre-game and standing up on the 5-yard line on the left tip of the "T" was more than a dream come true. I wish that moment would have passed a little bit slower! It was also nice to see the basketball team finally get the monkey off their backs and make it to the NCAA's! TO's last minute thriller against MD and the Duke game in the ACC made me really proud to be a Tiger. Although baseball has been difficult to watch, I've enjoyed it becuase they are a fun team to be around. Sure, I'm a sour-puss when we lose, but I wake up the next day and realize how much I still love the team. Oh yeah and despite all of this craziness: Dean's List fall, President's List Spring.

Lastly, what has made experience as a Tiger so special is the bond between all of the fans, alumni and people around town. This place has really grown on me, which is why I have accepted a teaching position in Boiling Springs. That means I'm only going to be an hour away! Perfect distance fpr football and baseball weekends. You'll still see me play piccolo occasionally with the alumni band, but as far as the pigtails are concerned, that is a thing of the past. It's hard to give them up, but most good things have to come to an end. I'm here. I've made it. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!

Congratulations class of 2008!!!

In Solid Orange,
Pigtailedtigerpiccolo
BA- Secondary Education- Spanish, Class of 2008 ### Laude

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i love clemson. enough said. GO TIGERS!

Pigtailless photo....for all to see!!***

May 9, 2008, 12:12 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations!***

May 9, 2008, 12:50 AM

Re: I can't beileve this is finally happening (really long)

May 9, 2008, 6:42 AM

congratulations! all of our journeys are quite different, but soak it all in. Welcome fellow alumnus!

From one piccolo alum to another,

May 9, 2008, 7:17 AM

Congratulations and hope to see you in Alumni Band. :)

Word of advice: Do not miss the first football game next season whatever you do. I made the decision not to attend the first home game after I graduated (we were playing Western Carolina or someone suitably boring) and I thought I'd made the right decision, but when the day came I knew I'd made a terrible mistake. Listening to that game on the radio instead of being right there in the stadium was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I was having serious football and marching band withdrawal.

As luck would have it, the next week was a home game against FSU and not only did I get to attend, but fate smiled upon me and opened a hole in the band--and I got to march both pregame and halftime. As an alumni. It was pure awesome, but the heat and the ill-fitting uniform (it was my old uniform...i'd gained a few pounds :)) cured me of my marching band blues for good. :)

You're now an alumna fan...as opposed to UCS,

May 9, 2008, 8:13 AM

and its aluminum fans.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very nice post. Best of luck to you, young lady !!! (nm)***

May 9, 2008, 9:42 AM

Congratulations. Seems like only yesterday when I got my

May 9, 2008, 10:24 AM

sheepskin, but it has been 38 years. I still treasure those four wonderful years and all the memories I built. It's a special place, and the people are special. Good luck to you in all your future endeavors.

Re: I can't beileve this is finally happening (really long)

May 9, 2008, 10:32 AM

Congrats Molly!!

Sorry I havent made it out to cheap seats much this year...

It just wont be the same to see you pig-tailess...

So we have Pawless in Seattle, maybe now we'll have pig-tailess in Boiling Springs...

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,868
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic