Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
She said YES!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,318

She said YES!!!

Apr 21, 2008, 10:28 AM

I don't post as often as I would like, but I have to share my good news...

On Friday, at 2:30 PM, I proposed to my girlfriend in front of the Thomas Green Clemson statue and Tillman Hall. When she said yes, I had previously arranged for a friend of mine to set off the Clemson University Victory Peal. Anyone on campus at that time would have had no trouble hearing the bells, and it was a wonderful way to honor the moment. My younger brother, who is a freshman here, was also on hand to take some pictures of the moment.

I met her during my freshman year here at Clemson and we started dating just before our sophomore year. My dad also married a girl he met at Clemson, and while growing up, I always hoped I would be so lucky to fall in love with a Clemson girl. I have, and now I get to spend the rest of my life with her and share the many memories we have of Clemson together.

To top off the weekend, I turned 22 yesterday. I only have one more week of classes, then a week of exams, a week at the beach, then graduation. Then, it's three weeks in Europe before returning home to start my new job in Atlanta while the fiancee is in grad school there as well.

I am truly a blessed and lucky individual. I have much to be thankful for, including my new fiancee and the University that we will both soon call our Alma Mater.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you crazy????***

Apr 21, 2008, 10:41 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But can she shoot free throws?

Apr 21, 2008, 10:43 AM

And just remember, fine sons and daughters of Clemson DO NOT plan the weeking for a football Saturday!

Huzzah!

Message was edited by: RevDodd®

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations and best wishes for your happiness in the

Apr 21, 2008, 10:44 AM

future!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as she knows not to have wedding during FB season***

Apr 21, 2008, 10:51 AM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Oh...no worries...she's known that since Day One!!***

Apr 21, 2008, 12:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your younger brother must be the MAN!!!!

Apr 21, 2008, 10:59 AM

;)

Just one more time, congratulations!

Congrats!!!***

Apr 21, 2008, 11:03 AM

Re: She said YES!!!

Apr 21, 2008, 11:17 AM

i did the same thing, except i proposed to my clemson girlfriend over last summer. dinner at calhoun corners, engagement planned by tillman statue at 8pm on the saturday night, only hault was clemson freshman moved in that morning. entire bowman field was covered with a welcome to college party with live band. loud music and 18 year old kids running around on their first night away from mom and popps made me improvize. i ended up doing it sitting on the side of the old tillman bell monument looking over the reflection pond. actually worked out perfect. then i rented out Resturant O in downtown greenville for a big suprise party with all of out family and friends from out of town.

Re: She said YES!!!

Apr 21, 2008, 11:20 AM

Lots of advantages to marrying a Clemson girl. After close to 40 years, I've got to say that our shared experiences through Clemson and beyond have been priceless. We have lived many places, but whenever the Tigers play, there is never a question about whether we will watch. And to think I dated a gamecock for a while! She was sweet and pretty and all of that, but when I think of how it could have turned out, deah Lawd, thanks for watching out for me! Congratulations and hopes for many years of common ground.

"You get one ###### for the rest of your life . . .

Apr 21, 2008, 11:23 AM

Way to think it through, Frank"

--Beanie from Wedding Crashers--

I met your brother right before you proposed

Apr 21, 2008, 12:47 PM

I was in the Carillon Gardens setting something up for Redfern and he was standing there waiting on you. He told me everything and I was standing there watching. I loved how he stopped the Tour Group that was heading towards Tillman and then they all started cheering.

Whatever you read to her before proposing took forever though lol. We were standing like there "Good Lord, he is reading The Grapes of Wrath." lol

Congratulations man.

Rubtherock

Poor #######***

Apr 22, 2008, 10:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Congratulations! One ###### for the rest of your life.***

Apr 22, 2008, 1:36 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,318
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic