Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ex-Coot Security Guard tells all!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Ex-Coot Security Guard tells all!

Jul 23, 2007, 6:40 PM

Here's a fun story:

So my folks told me the other day that they are looking to go out and buy a new car. While they're open-minded about different makes and models, my step-dad is pushing for a small to mid-sized SUV so that he can have some room, but not eat up gas like his F-150.

Well they told me that they went car-hunting yesterday, and stopped in at a Toyota dealer (the one right off the interstate near Columbiana Mall in Irmo, for those interested). While they were shopping, Toyota's silent alarm went off, and the police arrived.

Being a retired federal agent, my stepdad started making small-talk with one of the officers that arrived. She said that Toyota had been having problems with their alarm system, and that this incident was not the first time in the day it had happened.

During small-talk, my stepdad discovered that this Richland County police officer used to be a USC campus security guard, and that she had been a part of USC's campus security for 5 years. From the way my parents described it, she spent one year as a guard when Spurrier was there, and the other four years when Holtz was there.

My mom, being a Clemson grad, perked her ears up at this point and started talking to her about Carolina's recent run-ins with the law. This security guard stated that not only were they bad with the law, but that much of what they did was covered up.

Apparently when she was hired as campus security, she was told that standard procedure was to call the head coach of whatever sport the athlete is in if you respond to an incident involving an athlete. According to her, she had numerous, numerous incidents involving Holtz-coached players, many of which resulted in her having to directly explain to Coach Holtz, himself, the incident.

At that point in the conversation, she was quick to say that Holtz gathered quite the reputation within campus security for covering for his players and not notifying the athletic department of many of the incidents. She also said that she has responded to several incidents as a Richland County police officer (she left campus security to become a cop), and that many of those have been "handled" by Spurrier rather than the university.

I just thought it was kind of interesting that a woman with no affiliation to Clemson who worked for campus security under two USC coaches would be so eager to share such information.

According to my stepdad, she was not slow to admit that she was very, very happy that she got away from her old job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Raise your hand if you're envisioning Charlie Brown trying to kick that football and Lucy yanking it away right at the last minute.

That's South Carolina football in a nutshell."

- December 24, 2007 ESPN article: "Gamecocks face more difficult SEC schedule in 2008"

Lies!!! Otherwise, the Spurrier Shrine is all

Jul 23, 2007, 6:50 PM

a house of cards!!! Put clASSof09 on suicide watch.

"Security Guard"

Jul 23, 2007, 7:41 PM

Do you mean she worked for the company that got fired by USC for doing such a bad job of watching the dorms at night?

or do you mean she was a cop with USCPD?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

They were fired? Did they do something awful like

Jul 23, 2007, 7:43 PM

teach the girls on campus how to fight off thuggish football goons?

Come on dunce, are you really attacking a law enforcement officer to defend your known criminal element in Spurrierville (formerly known as Holtztown)?

I'm not attacking anyone

Jul 23, 2007, 7:49 PM

i'm asking a question.

We don't really have "campus security" outside of the actual police officers. So i'm just confused as to how someone who's not an officer was in a position to personally talk to coach holtz and spurrier and cover up these instances.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not attacking anyone

Jul 23, 2007, 7:54 PM

There are no "security guards" that would respond to any calls regarding anything. They just used to sit at the doors in the dorms and check student I.D.'s....that was before they call got fired for sleeping on the job, watching TV, etc.

and explaining to Holtz...

Jul 23, 2007, 8:06 PM

why his players were in trouble ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No of course he's not attacking the police officer ;)

Jul 23, 2007, 8:38 PM [ in reply to They were fired? Did they do something awful like ]

He's only attacking the character of the company she worked for before getting hired as a law enforcement officer. As if he knows anything whatsoever about the situation and as if that would effect the police officer's credibility. It's just typical coot denial.

So, Richland County Police Dept. hires...

Jul 23, 2007, 7:49 PM [ in reply to "Security Guard" ]

fired security guards? Wow, that's some conspiracy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, are you just flaming

Jul 23, 2007, 7:52 PM

or do you just lack basic reading comprehension?

I said a company got fired, not an individual person.

I know what you said...

Jul 23, 2007, 8:02 PM

but there is more to reading comprehension than just understanding what is written.

Were you not, by critcizing the security company fired, saying that this woman who now works for Richland County was not reliable.

If you were not trying to undermine the reliabilty of this woman by saying that about the security company (which we don't even know that she worked for), what were you trying to say?

I'm trying to figure out who these "security guards"

Jul 23, 2007, 8:11 PM

are and I couldn't remember the name of the company that got fired halfway through my frosh year, but assumed that would be the most distinginguishing characteristic of the company.

And, I'm not flaming...

Jul 23, 2007, 8:15 PM

you're just messing up ClemsonFace's good story about the security guard turned policeman and her time spent at SCU. ;)

does that really reflect on the character of the company

Jul 23, 2007, 8:18 PM [ in reply to I'm trying to figure out who these "security guards" ]

or the corrupt university that fired them?

Of course it doesn't. Obviously the guy is reaching.***

Jul 23, 2007, 8:28 PM

Reaching??

Jul 23, 2007, 8:35 PM

I'm just confused as to how someone who guards the entrance of a dorm is powerful enough to go one on one with Steve Spurrier or Lou Holtz.

No doubt at all.

Jul 23, 2007, 8:44 PM

And you have absolutely zero clue what she guarded.

Are you calling her a liar?

"...she had numerous, numerous incidents involving Holtz-coached players, many of which resulted in her having to directly explain to Coach Holtz, himself, the incident."

What's your point of even replying in this thread?

He shall protect all that is unjust for SCar.***

Jul 23, 2007, 9:36 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re:you could have stopped with the " I am confused."***

Jul 23, 2007, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Reaching?? ]

I have no freaking clue, 09

Jul 23, 2007, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Reaching?? ]

I don't know what "security guard" entails. It could mean USC police, it could mean rent-a-cop. I was not present at the conversation, nor do I know this police officer's life story. I'll gladly give you my stepdad's phone number if you would like to call him up and discuss, in detail, his conversation with a current Richland County police officer.

I swear, boy, you're skeptical of every tiny shred of action that takes place on or off this globe without a paper trail.

I hope you're not religious.

"Raise your hand if you're envisioning Charlie Brown trying to kick that football and Lucy yanking it away right at the last minute.

That's South Carolina football in a nutshell."

- December 24, 2007 ESPN article: "Gamecocks face more difficult SEC schedule in 2008"

Here...is this it?

Jul 23, 2007, 8:30 PM [ in reply to I'm trying to figure out who these "security guards" ]

http://media.www.dailygamecock.com/media/storage/paper247/news/2001/09/28/News/Sizemore.Wakes.Up-103305.shtml

If so, it was in 2001. Secondly, it sounds like a handful were fired, not the entire company.

If this isn't the company, y'all got bad luck with security.

Sizemore is the company I was thinking of they got

Jul 23, 2007, 8:34 PM

fired during christmas break my freshman year which was 2005-06.

We have a different company now.

Okay, so what's the point?

Jul 23, 2007, 8:51 PM

"Sizemore Security has developed strategic partnerships with world-class companies since its inception in 1955. We will celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2005, and we are proud that we are still providing quality services to many of our original customers."

"Sizemore is one of the premier privately owned companies in the nation. Sizemore is now a multimillion
dollar enterprise servicing a wide range of customers including manufacturing companies, medical
facilities, residential communities, and financial institutions."

One might surmise USC is the trouble. You certainly can't attack the credibility of a security guard who worked for this company - one who took an upward advancement to become a police officer.

I have no problem whatsoever believing Holtz and Spurrier bury things.

Re: Okay, so what's the point?

Jul 23, 2007, 8:56 PM

he can't perceive logic.Just because that company is no longer in charge of security, how does that in ANY way mitigate the original post? I'd love to see his spin on that... and i expect to see it.

Even the CRICKETS heads are spinning!***

Jul 23, 2007, 9:16 PM

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I quit replying...

Jul 23, 2007, 9:39 PM

my dadgum "compassion" set in, claw was already firmly stuck in beak. ;)

She was a security guard who eventually became a police

Jul 23, 2007, 8:24 PM [ in reply to "Security Guard" ]

officer. That's real lame of you to immediately make a move for her character.

As the story is stated I have no doubts about it's authenticity. The school has a lot of issues with football players. Holtz cheated and Spurrier has a history of issues with players as well. The story makes sense.

Story seems pretty odd

Jul 23, 2007, 10:48 PM

campus security at USC is hired for special events (events at the student union, checking on dorms at night, etc).

They report everything to USC police. They didn't investigate anything and aren't allowed to because they aren't trained to do so.

Basically they report it, and USC police take over or the Richland County Sherrifs Department or Columbia police take over.

They wouldn't be allowed to report a piece of litter on the floor or anything else to a USC coach or even any USC official anyway.

Re: Story seems pretty odd

Jul 23, 2007, 10:50 PM

so obviously there's no way that could be true...

i hear people are not allowed to speed on the highway too

LOL!

Well if we're going on that basis

Jul 23, 2007, 11:01 PM

then it happens at Clemson too.

uhhhhhh,

Jul 23, 2007, 11:02 PM

wow.

questions anyone???

I'm not the one using the logic

Jul 23, 2007, 11:05 PM

"If it could happen, it does happen"

the logic i replied to said it could not happen

Jul 23, 2007, 11:07 PM

because it wasn't allowed.

but don't worry, nobody here will accuse you of any type of logic, so you are safe.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic