Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you people sicken me.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Some of you people sicken me.....

Nov 9, 2006, 10:30 AM

I don't post much here and try to stay out of the pi$$ing matches, bit(hing sessions and general idiocy that sometimes takes place. I love the "inside" information that from this site and generally love the site itself - but it is becoming more and more that I only love reading this site when the general population thinks Clemson is doing well at whatever sport is being played at that particular time - this is especially true during football season.

As the son of a coach, I can tell you that the insults shouted, curses thrown, mean-spirited criticism, and general hate takes its toll on a coach and a coach's family. I really don't see any place for it - I'm biased, I know, but really? I also think that TB needs to tighten up..... quickly - but that is an opinion for another post.

For the record, TB and his comments make me cringe from time to time. I don't agree with what he says sometimes. I don't agree with what he does sometimes and I hate to lose - especially when we shouldn't in my estimation - like this past Saturday.

I don't understand how some people can take this SO friggin seriously to personally insult a coach, leave a voice mail wishing him well in his next job, shout profanities at him leaving the field, and just generally be filled with HATE. Over football. Over a game.

Are your lives so perfect that this game of football is THAT important? Have you not had real tragedy or pain yet?

I don't mind someone voicing displeasure or even complaining, but the venom that is being spewed by a few of you is beyond belief. I sincerely hope that you are young and don't have enough life experience to know what is important in life versus what just goes to make it more enjoyable. But I'm afraid some of you venom spewers are grown men and even older than myself. I just hope you don't have kids that you're passing this on to...

I graduated from Clemson in 1992 and absolutely love the place, the sports, the feeling I get on campus, in the stadium(s), etc. I love it when we win. I hate it when we lose - in anything. Losing ruins my day in some cases, but man - let it go. Point some of that hate towards something that actually matters after we're gone.... like hating Cancer enough to donate time/effort/money to defeating IT. Hate poverty, hate terrorism, hate one political party or the other, hate child abuse....but to come on here and act like this is the end of the world is nuts.

I'm off my soap box and expect to be flamed, insulted, and generally made fun of, but you know what....it really doesn't matter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come to the Lounge.....I'm all of us in there

Nov 9, 2006, 10:32 AM

can sicken you

Excellent post.***

Nov 9, 2006, 10:34 AM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

I pointed you

Nov 9, 2006, 10:35 AM

I am just trying to lighten the mood in here. I agree completely

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://brainsoup.net/pictures/whiteflour.gif

Good post***

Nov 9, 2006, 10:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ta da...finally someone with some common sense around here***

Nov 9, 2006, 10:36 AM

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not a bad post....just don't let folks on here get you

Nov 9, 2006, 10:37 AM

down about the fan base. I don't think this board is representative of the fan base as a whole...just a small, somewhat off-kilter portion of it (no offense Tigernetters :)).

This is also a message board for posting opinions, and it's sometimes (not always, but sometimes) nice to see dissenting points of view. There are some problems in Tiger-Town, we all know that, and this is where folks come to discuss them, discuss what they think is causing them, and voice opinions on how they might be fixed.

Take everything with a grain of salt....most folks on here love Clemson, and you can see that through even some of the most venomous posts. After all, they wouldn't be so passionate if they didn't care.

Just my $0.02.

as a coach, i can tell you that

Nov 9, 2006, 10:37 AM

criticism comes with the territory. also, we have not been prepared properly the past 2 weeks. also outcoached on gameday.

Good thing you've guaranteed TB will not be retained...

Nov 9, 2006, 10:38 AM

..right?

Or has that changed?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

i never guaranteed anything.....***

Nov 9, 2006, 10:43 AM

T-mail just sent***

Nov 9, 2006, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Good thing you've guaranteed TB will not be retained... ]

Re: as a coach, i can tell you that

Nov 9, 2006, 10:55 AM [ in reply to as a coach, i can tell you that ]

I agree with you and SolGrundy. I think the millions of dollars will be pretty good ###### comfort to anyone after a day full of being shouted at and criticized.

Then you should also understand that I'm

Nov 9, 2006, 11:17 AM [ in reply to as a coach, i can tell you that ]

not talking about criticism. I'm talking about profanity filled, hate-laced, insults....along with grown men (assumption) acting like 10 year olds with a slightly larger vocabulary.

I agree criticism is due or at least understood in several areas right now. This is America - criticize to your heart's content.... :). Hate and being "critical" aren't synonymous in my book.

I agree with you

Nov 9, 2006, 10:39 AM

Some fan's do take it to the extreme limit of decency. I feel there is a lot of pent up aggression in our society in general. At the same time, I feel that attending football games can be cathartic for many people. I would rather have the guy sitting next to me getting his aggression out at the football game, than getting it out in another more harmful way. While Tommy does have to put up with verbal abuse...he does have a few million reasons not to care about them. I'm sure he has thick skin...it is a requirement to be a college coach.

WOO HOO sickens me.***

Nov 9, 2006, 10:47 AM

Oh, the IRONY***

Nov 9, 2006, 10:53 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic