Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congratulations....You boys have a fantastic team!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Congratulations....You boys have a fantastic team!

Oct 23, 2006, 11:12 AM

Tiger fans,

It's been a while since I've posted. But, I wanted to congratulate your team on whooping my Yellow Jackets this past Saturday Night. I made the trek up to Clemson this past weekend and tailgated in Lot 6 for 5 hours.

Here are my thoughts from my Clemson beatdown:

1. "CLEMSON IS BACK!!".

2. If there is a better running attack in college football, please let me know. Clemson's 1-2 punch may be the best running game I have seen in 20 years second to maybe the Auburn years in the mid '80s with Bo Jackson, Brent Fullwood, etc. I believed that we had a very stout DL and would be able to shut down most running games. In my mind, James Davis and CJ Spiller are stilling making 50 yard runs. They're fantastic running backs assisted by a outstanding offensive line.

3. With it's West Zone Expansion and beautiful new scoreboard, Clemson's Death Valley is a jewel in the south. It's now the most impressive stadium in the south I've ever been to (Auburn, VT, UGA, Tenn, FSU, UNC, UVA etc.).

4. 0 catches for Calvin???!!! Props to Clemson for their game plan, but Reggie and the OL have to get the ball to our top playmaker. Give him more opportunities. Clemson's D is extremely good. I can't imagine what Clemson would be like with Waters and Billie.

5. Clemson's fans are class acts. Well maybe except for the "You Suck!!!" cheer they do during one of our band's songs. However, I had quite a few people shake my hand and wish me good luck,etc. I thought we would bring a good crowd, but there wasn't much white and gold in a sea of orange.

6. My only complaint about the Clemson game experience is this... I have been to Clemson games since the early '80s (grandfather played for the Tigers). I have always liked their traditions, etc. and it seemed to represent one of the best college game atmospheres in the country. It still does. However, I have no idea what/why they are piping in more music than an NFL stadium. Instead of the Orange Bowl and Tiger Rag, it seems that Clemson's team prefers the "Tiger Paw Rap" that's played over the loudspeakers and scoreboard prior to them taking the field.

A few years ago, I heard Clemson fans vociferously complaining about "Zombie Nation" when they came to a Wake Forest game and the piped in music that accompanies it and how "Wake Forest is so bad about piping in music". I guess Clemson stole the Wake Forest playbook for piping in music. The tone has now changed as Clemson swiped the "Zombie Nation" song from Wake Forest and has their players doing their best Hulk Hogan/WWF impressions on the scoreboard to get the crowd up. I agree it's worked getting some of the old farts out of their seats....But, my wife and I agree that some of the things we always remembered about Clemson's pagentry (Tiger Rag, Orange Bowl March) has now been overshadowed by House of Pain and T.I. and Snoop Dog. If I'm a 10 year old, I'm memorizing the words to the "Tiger Paw Rap" rather than the Clemson Alma Mater since it's more exciting/cool....My opinion is if I want that I'll go to an NFL game....However, I'll only make it there once/twice every two years so I guess I can live with it.

7. Okay, so Taco Bell gives a free taco to anyone with a ticket stub when Clemson scores over 28 points. When Clemson scored their final touchdown to give them 31, I miserably turned to the girl teenager who had been screaming "GO TIGERSS!!!" in my ear all night and gave her my ticket stub. After the beatdown Clemson gave GT, that taco would have tasted like a cow manure sandwich.

8. Traffic leaving Clemson was terrible. It took almost two hours just to get out of Clemson. I got home at 3 AM.

Best of luck the rest of the year!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classy post. Thanks for your kind words.

Oct 23, 2006, 11:14 AM

Beat UGA!

Re: Congratulations....You boys have a fantastic team!

Oct 23, 2006, 11:15 AM

gotta say, the zombie nation thing got extremely old after a while but a lot of people seem to like it (read "love it"). i dont really mind the rap music they play though, and the band still plays a lot more than a lot of teams with big stadiums

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More specifically, this was your last post...

Oct 23, 2006, 11:15 AM

http://www.thetigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=2856993#2856993

And we all know how that prognostication turned out.

Maybe I should call you guys the Clemson Elephants....

Oct 23, 2006, 11:36 AM

Wow. Good memory.

Oct 23, 2006, 11:16 AM

Couple of things...

Oct 23, 2006, 11:18 AM

If your band is going to come into our house and play some annoying song every 2 minutes, you can expect "you suck" to be yelled at them, especially when it fits so well into that song you ripped off from a video game, nerds.

Second, I kinda agree about the piped in music... that's just not Clemson.

Third, I live in Gwinnett and I was home at 1:45. I didn't even leave the parking lot until 12. I drove through Seneca and out hwy 11. It doesn't take that long to get out of Clemson.

You got very lucky. Took us almost 2 hours to get from the

Oct 23, 2006, 11:22 AM

baseball practice fields to 123. Traffic was the worst I have seen in about 10 years

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went out the dirt road in the rugby lot***

Oct 23, 2006, 11:25 AM

I hate rap but I love the Zombie Nation thing.

Oct 23, 2006, 11:18 AM

Hey ... they can play Liberache if it'll get the team pumped up!

One small disagreement...

Oct 23, 2006, 11:19 AM

I am somewhat of a traditionalist myself so I enjoy Tiger Rag etc...
But Zombie Nation rocks! Period.
Yeah, maybe we pirated it from Wake(or whomever), but that is where the comparison stops.
If a song can get anyone older than 22 out of their seat and onto having a good(great??) time, then amp up the tune.
Would love a Youtube clip of the song AT CLEMSON.

Re: Congratulations....You boys have a fantastic team!

Oct 23, 2006, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the classy reply. I am a Tiger fan and agree with you about too much piped in music. I guess the players and students like it. I don't think most paying IPTAY members care too much for it.

Unfortunately, our band rarely plays meaningful music and our cheerleaders don't lead cheers. They are oblivious as to why they are there.

Cheerleaders are a waste. There are enough hot girls in the

Oct 23, 2006, 11:24 AM

stands that we don't need them acting like idiots on the field. Also, will someone please tell male cheerleaders that they are Gay? Back in the day, maybe not, but today they are. And the excuse that you become a cheerleader to lift up girls, or get sneak peaks at their athletic under britches, doesn't fly anymore.

Man up and tell them yourself. I'm sick of people talking

Oct 23, 2006, 11:29 AM

but never backing up their words. And I hope you don't wear a pink shirt, because that is the single gayest thing a guy can wear IMO. MTV is ruining America.

Ex-Girlfriend bought me a pink shirt, it is in my closet

Oct 23, 2006, 11:31 AM

with the tags on it still. Will never be worn.

A pink dress shirt isn't ghey. I wear one sometimes with a

Oct 23, 2006, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Man up and tell them yourself. I'm sick of people talking ]

suit.

Thanks for the great, classy post. We all wondered why

Oct 23, 2006, 11:22 AM

more Tech fans didn't make the trip considering the close proximity of the two schools.

We heard the players like these songs that are piped in. It certainly seems to get them and all the fans motivated. If that is what they want, then I don't care if they play a Debbie Boone song. Go Tigers!!

Me thinks you could have a little place in your heart for the Tigers since your grandfather played for us.

Nice post. I love the taco spot.***

Oct 23, 2006, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the kind words!*****

Oct 23, 2006, 11:33 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad GT is a team we get to play every year.

Oct 23, 2006, 11:39 AM

Even though we traditionally give each other fits, it just wouldn't seem right not playing GT every year.

Thanks for the good words, peach. To hell with Georgia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic