Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Holtz is real quick, takes him 5 years to figure out...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 593

Holtz is real quick, takes him 5 years to figure out...

Jul 31, 2004, 11:10 AM

that he needs to change the attitude at USC. HE always has an excuse, I believe he needs to admit he is at fault, wasn't he coaching those safeties we TOASTED last year!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope..it was his asst.s fault...thats why he fired them***

Jul 31, 2004, 11:19 AM

Not a flame to USC at all, but to any USC lurkers out there,

Jul 31, 2004, 12:42 PM

did the story in Friday's State paper regarding Lou's take on the mindset at USC make you angry? I ask because the entire time I was reading the story I kept thinking how much it would anger me for a coach who has been at my school's program for only 5 years to pass the collective historical judgement he did in the story. Like he is trying to do something no one else has done.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Joe Morrison did more for USC on the football field than Lou Holtz has done. His teams were more talented (future NFL players) and had more success (against a tougher schedule from 83-88, sorry SEC fans) than Holtz has done at USC. People put too much emphasis on the two bowl wins against Ohio State. Most USC fans I know over 40 years old rank the best USC teams like this....
1. 1984
2. 1987
3. 2001
4. 2000

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a flame to USC at all, but to any USC lurkers out there,

Jul 31, 2004, 2:50 PM

Carlin was a good coach also. He had back to back 8-3 seasons with a Heisman trophy winner.

Holtz blames The State for having to send his wife to Fla

Jul 31, 2004, 8:56 PM

CharlotteGamecockatUSC
All-American

(7/31/04 5:16:19 pm)
Lou comments on "attacks" (The state) at clinic
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a phone call from my sis heading back home from the clinic and she was wondering about something lou and his family mentioned at the clinic. He said that his wife was so upset by the writing of a certain reporter (and you can easily guess who) that he sent her to Florida to get away from all the BS. They could tell Lou was not pleased at all when he talked about it and his family urged people to not go on the internet and read some of the b.s. that attacks his family and the program. I explained to her about the a$$ hole at the state thats responsible for the b.s. and the tater cult following he has and why they didn't want people to read the crap on the internet about it. If you look at it from their point of view, i would be extremely angry and sick if it was my family members getting the same crap from the media and people on the net. But really really angry if I had to send my wife to another state so she wouldnt get upset about it.
USC Class of 2004

This morning I took a big RON and wiped my MORRIS with the State Newspaper.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

That was so funny! The end of it that is. Good point

Jul 31, 2004, 9:59 PM

that you made. It would suck.

Replies: 5
| visibility 593
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic