Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coby's Commentary: In honor of senior day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 690

Coby's Commentary: In honor of senior day

Nov 8, 2005, 8:53 AM

David Dunham came to Clemson in 2001 with a dream and a desire. A linebacker, or safety, out of Lake City, Florida, Dunham could have gone to any number of schools coming out of high school. He was ranked in the top 30 players in Florida and was rated by one service as the #2 linebacker in the state of Florida. Specifically, he chose the Tigers over the powerhouses of Miami(Fl.) and Notre Dame.

Upon his arrival in 2001, Dunham immediately redshirted and it was then that he set his sights on making a serious impact for the Tigers. He worked hard to put on weight in the weightroom and endeared himself to Clemson coaches by displaying a great work ethic and a smile that could light up any room. As a redshirt freshman in 2002, he lettered playing mostly special teams and established himself as a leader in the Clemson community.

David continued to improve himself, on and off the field throughout his Clemson career. He took a backup role in 2003 and quickly became one of our most steady players. Always having the unenviable task of backing of Leroy Hill, #31 made the best of his opportunity and established himself as perhaps the premier backup linebacker in the conference. Many Clemson fans, including myself, believed at the time that Dunham could have started at half of the ACC schools.

Fans will remember David Dunham at Clemson as a player with an unbreakable motor and one who threw some of the best hits in Clemson history. He ended the 2004 SCU game on the first play and made the BC Quarterback question whether or not football was the right game for him. Beyonnd the hits, though, Dunham brings much more to the Clemson community.

A model citizen in every way, he has established himself as one of the good guys in this game. Always dressed nice and sporting a big, vibrant smile, he is a joy to be around. His love for Clemson is undeniable, and that is something that we can all certainly respect. His best memory about Clemson, he said, were the fans and the way they support the Clemson team. He was originally drawn to Clemson in high school because of the Saturday atmosphere and things like running down the hill. He described his first time running down the hill as, in a word, "Wild". He said it a rush unlike anything else and that, at the top of the hill, you can really feel the players and fans before you. His excitement about the event reminds me of how I would feel everytime I ran down the hill.

Nevermind that he has played in 46 straight games, David Dunham will be remember as more than that. He plays the game the right way, and with the right attitude. He probably should get more playing time, but he dosen't complain, opting only to take full advantage of every opportunity by laying some great hits. He is a captain on this football team, and has undoubtably influenced the careers of guys like Anthony Waters, Josh Miller, and Antonio Clay.

I have gotten the chance to meet, hang out, and really get to know David over the past 1 1/2 years and I told him that one day I would make the effort to post something good about him on this board, which he reads often. He'll obviously be very appreciative, but he should know that I have been blessed to have known such a model citizen and that I have been constantly impressed by his character and attitude.

Here's to hoping we give him, as well as the other seniors, a great send out on Saturday. They have served this University in a great way and have certainly been part of the reason why our program is looked upon in such a positive light.

Thanks David!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

HOF***

Nov 8, 2005, 8:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nice work***

Nov 8, 2005, 9:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm surprised there has been little mention of his great hit

Nov 8, 2005, 9:18 AM

from last weeks game too. Did anyone notice that?

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

A great player (I'll be cheering my ### off 4 him on Sat)***

Nov 8, 2005, 3:48 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 690
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic