Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some people . . . (kind of long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 570

Some people . . . (kind of long)

Oct 30, 2005, 7:10 PM

What is it some people on here? These people let a bunch of 18-22 year olds playing a game run their life. Get over it people. These are college STUDENTS playing a game. Get a hobby or something. I get tired of reading this board, going to class, going around in Clemson and hearing people talk about our football team as if it is all that matters in this world. I love Clemson as much, if not more than any of you, but please. Real fans support there team, their players and its coaches when things are going great and when you lose 10-9.
Finally, for those people that think Charlie Whitehurst should be benched, are you kidding me? This man has been the face of Clemson football for the last 3.5 years and has been our most consistent player during that time. The man is human, he goes 19-30 and some people want him benched? Support # 6, support our team, and support our coaches. It's football, there is a whole more going on in the world for us to gripe about. I look at clemson, and football, as something to enjoy and use to get away from the real world. Some people need to understand that. One Clemson, lets not forget this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bravo! Well said.***

Oct 30, 2005, 7:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice post.***

Oct 30, 2005, 7:15 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good post!***

Oct 30, 2005, 7:20 PM

GO TIGERS

Wise beyond your years...thanks.*******

Oct 30, 2005, 7:23 PM

I see everyone on here talking about Willy Korn every day.

Oct 30, 2005, 7:26 PM

I hope that Willy Korn realizes that not all Clemson fans are as backwards and ignorant as some of the ones here now saying that "Charlie Sucks". Amazing how quickly our "beloved fans" seem to turn on someone when things go wrong. What were these fans saying about him when we beat FSU? Miami? Tennessee? The Coots (yearly)? And every other win. No...now it's "Charlie sucks". I guess I should expect that from people who want to fire a coach after any loss.

Did Charlie screw up BIG time Saturday? Yep. Should he shoulder MUCH of the blame? Yes, unfortunately, he should. Boneheaded plays. BUT...Charlie is a solid QB, and most people around the country seem to realize that. Too bad we seem to have a lot of Danny-Ford-Obsessed hillbillies on this board who have now not only turned on our coach, but our QB too.

Nice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with your post completely except

Oct 30, 2005, 8:34 PM

I will back Charlie 100%. He had a bad day, but he has had a great career.

The part I disagree with is you lumping people that criticize Charlie with the criticism of Coach Bowden. They are two different things.

Bowden is fair game after 6-5 last year and (hopefully) this year.

Re: I agree with your post except

Oct 30, 2005, 9:02 PM

You are right to some extent. However, Charlie's attitude has dramatically changed since his Sophomore year. He is more egotistical than ever and he seems to think that he walks on water at Clemson. But he is wrong, way wrong. Woody Dantzler was a good quarterback with good attitude, Charlie is a has-been quarterback with a bad attitude.
Yes, Bowden has pushed it over the limit with me and I don't even won't to talk about him; but Charlie WAS good and I know that he still has it in him. He just needs to dig down deep and remember his roots.

Re: Charlie doesn't suck.........

Oct 30, 2005, 10:13 PM [ in reply to I see everyone on here talking about Willy Korn every day. ]

But I wouldn't call him a good QB right now. He WAS good. But his play has dramatically decreased since he decided that he walks on water at Clemson. I'm afraid that he may never get to be the quarterback that he used to be, again.

Some people . . . funny you should say that

Oct 30, 2005, 7:53 PM

Everything after that, coaches get fired for losing.

And for a college program? Millions of dollars pal. Millions of dollars. The state doesn't give Clemson money anymore. Where does it come from? And what makes those who give it the happiest?

P.S. These are 18-22 year olds getting a free education and trying to build a resume for their future employer. The NFL. Besides, you're trying to teach our Student Athletes that mediocrity is okay. Hard work and preparation (Sports Management majors and mandatory 20 hrs a week for football...wow..you practice more than that in high school), facing adversity (our fans), accepting responsibility for mistakes (yesterday's shoddy offensive performance) and a winning attitude goes a long way.

Re: AMEN!!***

Oct 30, 2005, 10:06 PM

Blind Support will get you 10 more 6-5 seasons***

Oct 30, 2005, 8:21 PM

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

Re: Some people . . . (kind of long)

Oct 30, 2005, 10:03 PM

I agree with everything. Except when you talk about supporting the team, the players, and the coaches. Because that is where you are wrong, pal.
When you are loosing you can't support them all. If you are supporting the team, then you should want what is best for the team. And if a player is not helping the team out like he (or his backup) could, then they should be benched. Also, the coaches jobs are to win. Teachers and professors come to class every day to TEACH, if the students are learning anything then they are not doing their job and they will be fired. It is the same way with football, except the coaches are getting payed 1 million or + to do THEIR job. If they aren't getting the job done then we shouldn't support them. If a house was burning down, and the firemen only put out a fraction of the fire every few calls, would you support them? No, reasonable person would. That is why you can't support coaches and players that aren't helping the team.
By the way, it IS just a game. But whether you believe it or not, there are people out there who all they have is Clemson football. I know someone who lives by himself, is a janitor at a high school and doesn't have any contact with his family. Clemson Football, basketball, and baseball are the highlights of his weeks.

Replies: 12
| visibility 570
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic