Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today I talked a while with TCU head baseball coach Jim
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Today I talked a while with TCU head baseball coach Jim

Jun 28, 2015, 5:44 PM

Schlossnagle.

He was checking in on Seabrook Island (a place were a took a summer job) with his family.

He and his wife came in to our office to get club passes and we got to talking about college baseball for a good 20 minutes. First off, what a super nice guy.

He said he worked under Wilhelm and along side Jack Leggett at Clemson at one point. He called our AD "young" and said that he handled the situation with Jack a year ago (in the press) badly. He said that college baseball had changed a lot since he was at Clemson and the ACC was much better.

Since we were on the topic of Jack Leggett, I asked him what he thought the fan's expectations should be at Clemson. He said NCAA every year, hosting a super 2 out of four years, and college world series at a least a few times every 10 years (I think it was every ten he said).

I asked him about Coach Monte and he said that he didn't know him personally but that he thought he would do fine because he was young and hungry. He said that he didn't know much about LeCroy.

He had a lot of nice things to say about Clemson. Awesome dude!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why the heck was I down-voted?

Jun 28, 2015, 6:21 PM

Geeze.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably some bitter Leggett fan.

Jun 28, 2015, 6:34 PM

Good post though, would've loved to have him as the new coach but Monte is a very good one too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks! I was happy to be able to talk about Clemson

Jun 28, 2015, 6:52 PM

with coach like him. It was cool to get his perspective. Him and his wife loved every minute of talking about baseball...she was smiling the entire time. You just don't get many opportunities like this.

How does one even know if someone down votes a post?

Jun 28, 2015, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Why the heck was I down-voted? ]

Much less get upset about it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does one even know if someone down votes a post?

Jun 28, 2015, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Why the heck was I down-voted? ]

Much less get upset about it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today I talked a while with TCU head baseball coach Jim

Jun 28, 2015, 6:45 PM

I've heard he is nice and classy guy from various people. However, it seems that anybody who knew or Coached with Jack slams DRad and state that things were handled horribly! I absolutely think DRad handled things as well as they could have been. Corbin, Sully and Schlos must not realize how crappy this program has been for 5 years!

Jun 28, 2015, 6:50 PM

TCU coach is great guy and a friend to Clemson...not sure he knew he was gonna be quoted to a message board...??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be clear, he wasn't slamming DRad.

Jun 28, 2015, 6:57 PM

Just kind of siting his experience in handling the situation. He was nothing but class.

Edit: SAYING***

Jun 28, 2015, 6:57 PM

This is exactly why I ask him what we should expect as fans

Jun 28, 2015, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Today I talked a while with TCU head baseball coach Jim ]

at Clemson. He said that the firing wasn't handled badly, just the year before when DRad let their conversation when to the press. He said that should have been handled "behind closed doors". I got to say that I agree.

Jun 28, 2015, 7:05 PM

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for engaging him as a true, passionate Clemson fan would. Maybe D-Rad didn't handle things well a year ago, but we all must remind ourselves of how Leggett has handled himself in public during his tenure. None of us know how Leggett reacted to D-Rad and if I had to guess he was quite dismissive of D-Rad's suggestions a year ago. (see how he handled questions from the media in the past). I'm sure Leggett had an "F-You!" attitude towards D-Rad from the start, which would explain everything. All that matters is that we got our man in Lee! Look out for Clemson now!

knew him as a teenager

Jun 28, 2015, 7:33 PM

I knew Jim when he was a teenager and working as a part-time sports stringer at the local newspaper. Always was mature beyond his years and loved the game of baseball. When he was getting his start in coaching baseball, he was always well grounded and humble. It is so great to see him do so well in a profession that he truly loves.

The "young ad" comment seems strange...

Jun 28, 2015, 7:58 PM

IF he was contacted I wonder if it was left to Kyle Young to make contact. I doubt he was contacted any way.

The young comment just caught me as strange.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quite honestly it seemed strange to me too.

Jun 28, 2015, 8:06 PM

Made me think that he didn't know much about DRad to be honest.

Jun 29, 2015, 2:28 PM

Here you go, I'll give you another ??

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic