Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I feel so lucky that i made it out of Louisiana
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 598

I feel so lucky that i made it out of Louisiana

Sep 1, 2005, 10:42 AM

My life is in total chaos, but at least i have somewhat of a life to go back to in Louisiana. I live in Covington which is about 45 minutes northwest of New Orleans. I finally received word that my house has Zero damage other than a fence being down and my office is still in tact in downtown Covington.

I am in Easley right now with my family. It's so hard to even think about College football right now or anything other than how my life is going to be affected once i return. I don't even know if i even want to live in Louisiana anymore. Being here in SC, you appreciate what is around you, being safe and not having to worry about Dying in a Hurricane.

I wanted so badly to watch Clemson kick the crap out of Texas A&M this weekend. Now it just doesn't seem to matter as much.

I'll still be there rooting for my Tigers, screaming at the top of my lungs and hoping to pull them to a victory. However, one thing is for certain. It will be impossible for my life to be more devastated than it currently is even if we don't win.

Please keep those affected by Katrina in your prayers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow. perspective***

Sep 1, 2005, 10:46 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been praying for you ya'll everyday!***

Sep 1, 2005, 10:47 AM

good to hear barto***

Sep 1, 2005, 10:51 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel so lucky that i made it out of Louisiana

Sep 1, 2005, 10:52 AM

My prayers are with you brother. My church is trying to organize a crew to go down to some of the affected areas to help out. This disaster certainly puts life in perspective. I'm comforted to know that God is still in control over this situation and that many peoples lives will be forever changed for the better through their new relationship with Jesus Christ.

I live in New Orleans......

Sep 1, 2005, 10:57 AM

and we made it out safely. I live about 5 miles from downtown and while we don't have significant damage now, we do have some....and things continue to unimaginably evolve for the worse as days pass. My wife's parents have lost their house and everything. At the end of the day we have so many options....others don't and are in enoromous need. That said the unrest in that city is beyond comprehension. As many of you know there is a bad element of the underbelly of New Orleans that is rearing it's head right now. Disgusting. Glad to be in the upstate and I cannot wait for Saturday! My kids are great playing with grandma and grandpa and my wife is at my side. I am truly a rich man. Thanks to all for your prayers.

i pray everyday for everyone

Sep 1, 2005, 11:13 AM

my dad's secretary, and good friend of mine, has not heard from majority of her family living in New Orleans. i just hope they are okay and just not able to communicate. i just trust in the Good Lord and know that he will take care of all of us during this terrible time. just keep praying guys!!!

Re: I feel so lucky that i made it out of Louisiana***

Sep 1, 2005, 11:57 AM

Sorry about that first reply! I have a question

Sep 1, 2005, 12:04 PM

The girl I'm dating is from Covington. She goes to LSU, and she flew in to Augusta yesterday to go to the A&M game with me. She has not been able to contact her family in Covington, so she's pretty worried. Glad to hear your house is fine. That's some good news I can share with her! Any word on how the rest of Covington fared?

Replies: 8
| visibility 598
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic