Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Columbia Thefts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Columbia Thefts

May 20, 2014, 5:56 AM

So guys I've been in columbia now for 4 weeks for army training and since I've been here my car was broken into ($7000 worth of damage and theft), a generals car was broken into, a car was stolen, and a school bus was broken into (here for state golf tournament). I have always hated this place but wow, I've never had these problems this frequent anywhere else and we're not in a bad hotel. This place sucks, idk why anyone would ever like this place!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real question is, how did you manage $7,000 worth of

May 20, 2014, 6:18 AM

damage and theft? What were you keeping in your car? I've seen cars broken into, and even my car has been broken into before (note: I don't live in South Carolina), and usually the thief just smashes a window, unlocks the door and takes a few things, and moves on. Did he take a sledgehammer to half of your car and then steal your wallet full of money? I've just never heard of a $7,000 loss from a car robbery, unless somebody was dull enough to leave something very expensive inside.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The real question is, how did you manage $7,000 worth of

May 20, 2014, 6:33 AM

Stereo equipment and iPods that I run with, one was broken that I just kept in the car to use with the stereo. The other was what I ran with. The destroyed my entire dash to take out the radio and shattered my back glass and bent my lift gate. $3500 worth of damage to the car

Nice job Coot.

May 20, 2014, 6:34 AM [ in reply to The real question is, how did you manage $7,000 worth of ]

You dispute the damage to the car but not the fact that Columbia is an armpit of a town. HTH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Nice job Coot.

May 20, 2014, 6:36 AM
image.jpg(73.1 K)

Here's my dash after the break in

Sucks dude. Also sucks that they damaged your gate.

May 20, 2014, 7:23 AM

That seems to random.

So.***

May 20, 2014, 7:23 AM

Your grammar sucks.***

May 20, 2014, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Sucks dude. Also sucks that they damaged your gate. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

May 20, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Nice job Coot. ]

At least they left your sun glasses

May 20, 2014, 11:52 AM

That surprised me, they obviously don't know the value of costas

May 21, 2014, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice job Coot. ]

That entire dash has to be replace. You are looking at about $1,500 just to replace that. I wish that vehicle makers would put exploding dye packs in the dash. And if something is being ripped out, they would explode and the dye couldn't be washed off!!! I hate a ### thief!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for inventing a new use for "HTH"***

May 20, 2014, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Nice job Coot. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Vincent Van Gogh #### yourself, coot.****

May 20, 2014, 7:57 AM [ in reply to The real question is, how did you manage $7,000 worth of ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You seem upset.***

May 20, 2014, 8:09 AM

When it comes to coots on here, yeah.***

May 20, 2014, 9:04 AM

You seem incredibly doooooshy. HTH.***

May 20, 2014, 9:50 AM [ in reply to You seem upset.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sounds a little bit like you're saying it was also his fault?

May 20, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to The real question is, how did you manage $7,000 worth of ]

Hopefully no one would be dull enough to insinuate that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nope, just asked a question.

May 20, 2014, 9:39 AM

Now if $5,000 of that loss was an expensive watch left in plain sight I would. But that wasn't the case. Sounds like he just had some bad luck.

Well, we are all GREATLY relieved that he

May 20, 2014, 9:52 AM

cleared that up to your satisfaction.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Me too.***

May 20, 2014, 10:16 AM

Re: Me too.******

May 20, 2014, 10:33 AM

I totally understand the pulse rating......***

May 20, 2014, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Me too.*** ]

It won't let me give you any more thumbs down.***

May 20, 2014, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Me too.*** ]

Tigers don't do crack.

May 20, 2014, 9:47 AM [ in reply to The real question is, how did you manage $7,000 worth of ]

We have nice systems in our automobiles and spend our money on non consumables unlike the USuCk crackheads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Columbia Thefts

Jan 29, 2024, 7:18 AM

Now you know why they get the type of guys that they get and we get the kind of guys that we get.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have lived in Columbia 20 years

May 20, 2014, 8:33 AM

And have never been the victim of a single crime of any kind. It's pretty much a perfect place, and I don't know why anyone would live anywhere else!

^^^^^^heavily medicated after year 2......now everything is

May 20, 2014, 8:40 AM

just fine!

I think it's pretty obvious that my personal experience

May 20, 2014, 8:42 AM

Should project to the entire population.

Re: I have lived in Columbia 20 years

May 20, 2014, 8:42 AM [ in reply to I have lived in Columbia 20 years ]

You are the exception.

Re: I have lived in Columbia 20 years

May 20, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to I have lived in Columbia 20 years ]

Said no one ever.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^actually lives in Irmo^^^^***

May 20, 2014, 9:52 AM [ in reply to I have lived in Columbia 20 years ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^Lives on Bull St.^^^^^

May 20, 2014, 7:31 PM [ in reply to I have lived in Columbia 20 years ]

nm

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you been known to lie with pigs and eat their leftover food? :)***

May 20, 2014, 8:16 PM [ in reply to I have lived in Columbia 20 years ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are you doing in a hotel? Shouldn't you be in the

May 20, 2014, 9:37 AM

field/

May 20, 2014, 9:45 AM

I'm in recruiting school at Ft. Jackson. I wasn't the only person broken into. My vehicle just had an expensive stereo in it. My windows were tinted dark enough you couldn't see anything. We also had a Brigadier general broken into the same night. Then two nights ago Chapman High Schools golf team bus was broken into and they're book bags were rummaged through. One of their chaperones told me they took all of their money for food while they were here. It doesn't matter if they're money was or wasn't in the bus or that I had expensive stuff in my car. There's no excuse for that stuff. I've lived in charleston my whole life and never had a problem. This place has just gotten extremely ghetto

May 20, 2014, 9:46 AM

Their money

Who would steal 30 bag lunches?!***

May 20, 2014, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: What are you doing in a hotel? Shouldn't you be in the ]

Someone who's really hungry?

May 20, 2014, 11:34 AM

HTH

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

those coming home from five points in the wee hors of the

May 20, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Who would steal 30 bag lunches?!*** ]

morning

the further we get into the Obama administration, the more

May 20, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: What are you doing in a hotel? Shouldn't you be in the ]

things like this will happen.

May 20, 2014, 10:35 AM

I wish someone would steal Columbia....

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

most thieves look for something of value, explains why it is

May 20, 2014, 11:46 AM

still there.

^^this

May 21, 2014, 4:04 PM

Sherman could have done whatever he pleased with Columbia but decided to burn that POS town. It's always sucked.

May 20, 2014, 1:00 PM

crime is worse in larger metropolitan areas. sad but true. it's not just a Columbia thing. ; )

May 20, 2014, 1:05 PM

The economy is bad and lots of folks are doing what they have to do to make ends meet. Sounds like they're doing B&E in the midlands, while they're dealing dope and cooking methamphetamine in the upstate.

Did you have Clemson paws on car?***

May 20, 2014, 11:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you have Clemson paws on car?***

May 21, 2014, 5:35 AM

I had a big sticker on the back window and the roof rack covers

May 21, 2014, 6:27 AM

I lived in Columbia for 9 years. Never had anything stolen, broken into, or any other crime....you been there for 4 weeks and all of this ? I say it's just another made up BS just because you are a Clemson fan. You guys never post anything that happens in Greenville, Charleston, Charlotte, or other cities....just Columbia and the reason is obvious....and so is the truth....5 years in a row is just killing you guys. It's just a game guys...a game....separate a game from reality and real things....

May 21, 2014, 6:30 AM

By the way Clowney just became the face of Wilson football and he signed a card deal....just in case you wanted to know...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2014/05/19/jadeveon-clowney-becomes-face-of-wilson-football-with-multi-year-endorsement-deal/

Heitner: Why was Clowney the right fit? Why him as opposed to the many other highly touted NFL Draft prospects?

Murphy: Jadeveon was the only player we wanted to work with. His tenacity on the field, style of play and his dedication to the game are what motivated us. There were other players in the draft who are very popular, but no one has the universal appeal that Jadeveon has.

May 21, 2014, 7:12 AM

Smh you hope anybody cares yet? Cause I promise they don't. Do yourself a favor and stop trying. Congrats on 5 in a row. As much as you wanna be relevant, you aren't. Clowney is gone, nobody gives a #### on a CLEMSON BOARD what he is doing. Your turn to wake up to reality, go post this #### on a Scar board

May 21, 2014, 7:27 AM

Considering there have been a thousand Clowney threads on here I tend to disagree with you statement "no one cares". You just don't care about the GOOD news...the so called BAD news you spew and post like crazy to.

May 21, 2014, 7:30 AM

I should probably go check on my rivals board for good news about a player, said no one ever. Until your #######. Get a clue man. Posting on a rival board at 6 AM lol get out of here clown, I promise nobody cares

Clowney

May 21, 2014, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Columbia Thefts ]

who cares?

Here's the way Tigernet works.

May 21, 2014, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Columbia Thefts ]

You are a guest here - A Visiting Fan. There are rules.

Here are the rules for visiting fans,

I suggest you read them. You may have missed them when you signed up.

We welcome fans of other teams, especially those of an upcoming opponent. However, please keep in mind that this is first and foremost a Clemson site. If you are starting a topic that is unrelated to Clemson, please post it in the "Other Teams and Sports" forum. Also be very careful not to post intentionally inflammatory posts that are just meant to cause trouble. This will not be tolerated and you will be banned. Visiting fans will get fewer warning and longer bans. If you are respectful and make intelligent posts, you should be treated well.

http://www.tigernet.com/rules.do

I am not a moderator, but I would suggest you tone things down.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Here's the way Tigernet works.

May 21, 2014, 7:28 AM

Didn't start a topic....this is posted in the middle of a thread....topics are another thing entirely. Thanks for the heads up but I read and try to follow the rules.

May 21, 2014, 7:32 AM

So this was ab a guy that had his car broken in to, so you posted ab Clowney being on a card, that he will never be able to read? That's kinda ###### up on your part

May 21, 2014, 7:37 AM

He can afford to pay someone to read it to him....

May 21, 2014, 7:38 AM

Lol might as well go to college or something and just learn haha

it covers all inflammatory posts, not just topic/thread

May 21, 2014, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's the way Tigernet works. ]

starters.

you might want to read more closely.

coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i had my motorcycle for a year in greenville.

May 21, 2014, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Columbia Thefts ]

It was originally a burgundy color. I had it painted Orange and in the following year had sand put in my gas tank on 2 occasions.

When I was in school my buddy was dating a girl at USuC so he went down there often on the weekends. I went with him one time in like February. We parked near an on campus bookstore and walked to her dorm. About 2 hrs later we came back to find his car keyed from head light to tailight. All he had on his car was his parking sticker which was required at that time.

Both those stories are facts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic