Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Disneyland Encounter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,623

Disneyland Encounter

Jul 23, 2013, 9:21 AM

Okay...so I am out in So Cal celebrating a milestone event for my company and my wife's kicking cancer. I am standing in the security line waiting to get in Disneyland when I hear someone speaking in English (an anomoly itself) in a southern accent. I look over my shoulder and see a guy wearing an LSU cap. I speak up and say that I, too, am a Tiger fan. Then I say simply "4th and 16" with a grin. He responds "####!! you guys are everywhere"...and turns away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You weren't wearing your colors?***

Jul 23, 2013, 9:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wear mine when I travel especially to see my son in

Jul 23, 2013, 10:20 AM

Loganville, Ga! That is in the middle of bulldog country and he hates it!

I wear my hat everywhere. My one comment. "Get READY"!!!***

Jul 23, 2013, 11:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disneyland Encounter

Jul 23, 2013, 9:31 AM

great story!! HAHA!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2013, 10:09 AM

My wife and I go to disney world a good bit and I always pack some Clemson shirts. I get lots of "Go Tigers" as I walk through the parks.

The brand is growing for sure.

When

Jul 23, 2013, 10:22 AM

you become a real TIGER fan wearing the orange and purple to any event will be automatic. Spread the word. Clemson is for real. Join IPTAY.

Jul 23, 2013, 11:19 AM

Two weekends ago my wife and I took four of our college age grand kids to Bald Head Island for the weekend. I had my Tiger Paw hat on. Two of the kids were caught in a traffic delay on I-40 due to an accident and missed the ferry that we were scheduled on . I stayed behind to join them on the next ferry. As the ferry was loading a guy walked by and said "Clemson"?. I said "yes" and he said " Go Tigers", "My daughter just finished there". I said, "Congratulations" and he gave me the thumbs up.
Not quite as exotic as Disneyland,but a good exchange between strangers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2013, 11:40 AM

were you in line getting corn dogs?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"LSU corn dog please, hold the cramps."***

Jul 23, 2013, 2:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not as exotic as Disneyland but I was in The Market in

Jul 23, 2013, 11:54 AM

Charleston the week before last and some fellow probably late 50s-early 60s taps me on the back and asks me where I got my hat and could I tell him where he could get some. He said he needed them for his sons. It was the one thing they asked him to bring them from SC. There weren't any at The Market!? That's when I told him, "You need to find some. They're going to be valuable after this year." His whole group got a kick out of it.

love it.***

Jul 23, 2013, 2:34 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,623
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic