Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we weren't going to get invite to SEC, and we weren't due
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,538

If we weren't going to get invite to SEC, and we weren't due

Apr 22, 2013, 3:51 PM

to the "business model" of the day, then this is the best outcme for us. We are in a stable conference that will not lose anyone to the Big Ten (UVA, UNC etc) or to the SEC (FSU, UNC VT, NCSU). We are in a major Big Five conference that feeds into the playoff and we are one of the big dogs in said conference in football.

I am going to enjoy surfing the web the next couple of days to site such as MR. SEC, WV expansion board and SEC rant. All of those sites were sure they were going to get UNC, VT, UVA, FSU. It was only a matter of time before the ACC caved in. And they never mentioned Clemson. Well, now they can go after Central Florida, South Florida, Memphis etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess the Dude of WV will actually have to get a

Apr 22, 2013, 3:54 PM

real job now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: If we weren't going to get invite to SEC, and we weren't due

Apr 22, 2013, 4:01 PM

"big dog in said conference"=tallest midget

If FSU hadn't blown the NC State second half, they would

Apr 22, 2013, 4:05 PM

have played Notre Dame for the National title and won. There goes your tallest midget.

Re: If FSU hadn't blown the NC State second half, they would

Apr 22, 2013, 4:52 PM

IF grandma had different equipment she would be grandpa.

they lost to Florida

Apr 23, 2013, 9:57 AM [ in reply to If FSU hadn't blown the NC State second half, they would ]

So Alabama still would have played ND

karl, if you don't pull for 'bama, then you are in the same

Apr 22, 2013, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: If we weren't going to get invite to SEC, and we weren't due ]

boat as the rest of us. 'bama winning nc's helps no one but 'bama- have you seen their recruiting? we, at least, would have the opportunity to play them in the nc game- no other sec school can say that- there will not be another 2 sec team mnc game after the ruckus that was raised after the lsu/'bama fiasco. and with the coming play-off's i'd rather be in another conf, since every power conf. will have a representative (mark my words).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is a "said" conference?***

Apr 22, 2013, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: If we weren't going to get invite to SEC, and we weren't due ]

I hope you're joking***

Apr 23, 2013, 10:06 AM

Confucius say, tallest midget better off than SEC fluffer***

Apr 22, 2013, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: If we weren't going to get invite to SEC, and we weren't due ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Karl Childers = mental midget.

Apr 23, 2013, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: If we weren't going to get invite to SEC, and we weren't due ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why people think UNC would ever go anywhere, I don't know

Apr 22, 2013, 4:29 PM

UVa also seemed like another school that would be a tough get. The ones that have been in other conferences like GT, VT, or FSU seemed more likely, but none of them are really hurting for money as far as I know. The only reason Maryland left is their administration has bungled their budget. I think they'll eventually find that moving to an out of region conference where they have no natural rivals (maybe PSU) was a mistake.

Often missed in the conference homererotic Clemson to the

Apr 22, 2013, 4:38 PM

SECgasms is that if we did go, at some point the game against the Coots would have to go away for a few seasons due to internal conference realigments like they do now.

Re: Often missed in the conference homererotic Clemson to the

Apr 22, 2013, 8:43 PM

Isn't there a state law that they have to play.

Yes there is a law. Can't find how many states have them

Apr 23, 2013, 12:52 AM

but it's only a few. The law was created to preempt conference realignments killing long term rivalries. If we ever did move conferences any one gaining us would have to get the law changed or live with that baggage. Would make it hard on the SEC if they had a team they couldn't schedule at will.

By my understanding

Apr 23, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Often missed in the conference homererotic Clemson to the ]

the law you're referring to was only in effect for one season in the 50s or 60s. If I recall correctly there was an attempt a year or two ago to pass a permanent law but it was defeated.

I would've loved to lose UVA and UNC to the B1G

Apr 23, 2013, 10:03 AM

It'd be more addition by subtraction just like losing Maryland was

Re: I would've loved to lose UVA and UNC to the B1G

Apr 23, 2013, 10:25 AM

I could see UVA maybe, but we need UNC for basketball.

We don't have to like them, but their national brand in basketball is a big selling point for our conference.

Based on our contract structure with ESPN

Apr 23, 2013, 10:32 AM

Football is 80% of the revenue, and we probably could've held on to the remaining 20% for basketball by adding powerhouse Syracuse and defending national champ Louisville

Clemson already turned the SEC down years agao...its called

Apr 23, 2013, 12:05 PM

payback

When?***

Apr 23, 2013, 12:53 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,538
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic