Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's clear the air: Calling Dabo nothing but a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Let's clear the air: Calling Dabo nothing but a

Sep 26, 2012, 10:02 AM

"cheerleader" is a Coot phrase and it is a mantra used all over the place here in Cooterville because they can't believe what he has done so far in recruiting top ten classes, hiring good solid assistant coaches, winning the conference and 10 games, and having a hand in transforming with talent and inspiration our O into one of the best in the land. He is now working on the D and when he finishes we will have a team with the talent and coaching to be elite. He is not just a "cheerleader" and those who push that around are ignorant of football or just plain Coots. Period.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until he starts beating them

Sep 26, 2012, 10:07 AM

...I don't think they're concerned. We weren't concerned about the OBS when we were beating him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still don't give a ### about the ole ball sac!***

Sep 26, 2012, 10:21 AM

Re: Let's clear the air: Calling Dabo nothing but a

Sep 26, 2012, 10:18 AM

+1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

New Tigernet word of the day "banish"

Sep 26, 2012, 10:24 AM

Similar to bandy, but more permanent.

Just pulling your chain a little there AThomas...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There . . . fixed. Thanks!***

Sep 26, 2012, 10:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2012, 10:29 AM

It was Dan Patrick that started the "Cheerleader" thing. Not the coots. They just ran with it.

Sep 26, 2012, 10:41 AM

The Coots love Dabo. He can't beat them.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Sep 27, 2012, 7:29 AM

I agree with this. Every Gamecock fan I know hopes that we keep Dabo forever. Until he starts beating them at historical levels (i.e. 2 out of every 3 matches) they will continue to think Dabo is the greatest thing to ever happen to the Clemson-USC rivalry. They are not afraid of him in the least.

If you will ALSO remember, Coots used to LOVE Tommy

Sep 27, 2012, 10:58 AM

and hope he stayed around forever too even though he used to beat them down year after year.

This is just another example of coot ignorance!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

C2H6O has Danny boy looking kinda 'Puffy' lately...***

Sep 26, 2012, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's clear the air: Calling Dabo nothing but a ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has done nothing but move this program forward

Sep 26, 2012, 10:49 AM

Something Tammy could never do. Hopefully Dabo wont let a few whiney ### fans or media douches get him down. Most of us know what we have going here!

In many ways, he has moved us forward.

Sep 26, 2012, 11:05 AM

On defense, we've moved backwards.

There is no sugar coating it.

While the Dabo bashers are tiresome, so are the Dabo pumpers.

He has proven to be a good coach but a young coach wiht a lot left to learn.

With your post history, you are definitely a Dabo basher

Sep 26, 2012, 12:02 PM

Therefore in your own word, you are tiresome.

Quite the contrary. I've never once suggested Dabo get

Sep 26, 2012, 12:58 PM

fired or replaced.

I have questioned our play after we give up 70 pts and 49 pts and over 200 yards rushing to ball state and wofford or troy. Shiite, even our coaches have to be questioning that.

What's tiresome is our inability to tackle but moreso, our lack of doing anything productive to stop it.

I love the way you addressed nothing of what I posted.

Thanks for playing, BryantTigerAliass.

Message was edited by: Clayton Big Spee®

I never really understood how that was an insult: If CTB's

Sep 26, 2012, 11:05 AM

downfall was the result of him getting too involved ON THE FIELD in my opinion. Dabo is not a gameday coach and I think he'd be the first to tell you that. His job should be to let our coordinators coach and run the program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never really understood how that was an insult: If CTB's

Sep 26, 2012, 11:54 AM

He's a recruiting coordinator that hired coaches to coach for him and honestly i have no complaints. It works. Well, on offense.

I'm not sure what to think at this time***

Sep 26, 2012, 12:07 PM

Sep 26, 2012, 12:54 PM

Well said bubba

I recall one man in our history, who was considered a

Sep 27, 2012, 8:13 AM

poor tactician and strategist, yet an expert in the selection of outstanding subordinate leaders. This man, also, was considered to be more of a cheerleader. While some of the battles his command faced were lost, he along with his team eventually won the European theater of the greatest war fought in our history - World War II. And the man - Dwight David Eisenhower. I perceive Dabo's role not much differently: if he is wise in selection of outstanding subordinate leaders, then he doesn't need to be a great X's and O's man. The trick, as Eisenhower learned, is to make certain that his selections are wise and to be able to maintain unit integrity toward the ultimate goal. And Dabo, like Eisenhower, has to make certain the ultimate goal is the focus!

Sep 27, 2012, 8:41 AM

Along with "cheerleader", does "pulling a Clemson" need to be added as well? That phrase is even used around here on the board.

Sep 27, 2012, 8:45 AM

When Dabo hired Venables, I knew there would be a down period while he gets it dialed in. We're on the way, we just happened to catch a very good FSU team. It stings, but we'll be just fine.

We have the best two coordinators in the country, period.

How do you see our D improving?

Sep 27, 2012, 11:11 AM

Do you think we will show slow, progressive improvement or do you think we'll see nothing and then all of a sudden, WHAM, we're great on D?

Do you expect to see an improvement in the fundamentals right away with the scheme/teamwork coming later?

I fully expected our tackling skills to be better almost immediately b/c it's simply a matter of fundamentals that our players have been coached on since pee wee ball. I admit, I can not understand why our tackling is still such a huge problem.

Sep 27, 2012, 8:53 AM

Nick Saban got owned at Michigan St his first two years. It takes awhile to learn, adjust and build on that experience. Dabo is never happy with the status quo, that's what I like about him. I'm confident he will get fixed what needs fixing.

Clemson is coming

Sep 27, 2012, 9:02 AM

And when giving credit, it's got to start with Dabo. I love the guy for what he has done, is doing, and will do. His goal is to get our program to be a consistent champion, and ultimately win it all. I truly believe he will do whatever it takes to make that reality. That said, I do hope we can keep Chad around long enough to bring these goals to fruition.

don't forget this is Dabo's first coaching job

Sep 27, 2012, 11:06 AM

I think he has done spectacular so far, I do not know anyone I would rather have for the long run... he loves clemson and the athletes that come to Clemson.

He is still learning, but I believe he will keep getting better.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic