Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot perspective on Sammy (not that anyone cares)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Coot perspective on Sammy (not that anyone cares)

May 30, 2012, 7:43 AM

Sammy is a good kid that made a mistake (like most kids his age do). I feel bad for the kid that Korn is dragging this out and adding more attention to the matter. For the record, I don't claim Korn in any way and I think most Gamecock fans would tell you the same. The only thing he's interested in is promoting himself and trying to be the guy to break every story. There was no reason to push so hard to get the dashcam video.

As far as punishment goes, I think one game is plenty for a kid like Sammy. I think the attention and disappointment from the situation itself is probably enough for Sammy, but if you're Dabo, I understand making a point and sitting him for a game. One game against a big-time opponent in the season opener is more than fair for the "crime". If you really want to make a point, sit him for two games, but anything more than that and it's obvious that you're going overboard to prove something.

Sammy is one of those players (like a Lattimore) that is hard to pull against, regardless of the jersey they wear, just because of the character they have. Like I said, he's a young kid that made a mistake, he will learn from it. Sit him against Auburn and then welcome him back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might be the first coot I ever gave a TU to!

May 30, 2012, 7:46 AM

Well put.

I appreciate your support but will pass on the sit

May 30, 2012, 8:00 AM

him for Auburn for recommendation. We know you and the rest of coot nation would just love for us to lose to a SEC school. No thanks. We will find another way to deal with the issue rather than benching him for Auburn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with our feathered friend on this. Sammy needs to

May 30, 2012, 8:38 AM

sit some significant game time.

He's a great kid who made a serious error in judgement. Operating a motor vehicle on MJ? Not good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too late...

May 30, 2012, 9:55 AM [ in reply to I appreciate your support but will pass on the sit ]

TCI reported yesterday that they got word that sammy would sit for Auburn and Ball St

Never mind. Just saw the correction******

May 30, 2012, 10:01 AM

Re: Coot perspective on Sammy (not that anyone cares)

May 30, 2012, 8:32 AM

Dabo ought to to just like Spurrier did with Carkeya.Play against Auburn and sit against Furman& Ball State.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You couldn't be more wrong! Garcia never sat out any games

May 30, 2012, 8:36 AM

for his brushes with the law. (Unless you count the Spring Game.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even when Garcia was "suspended" from spring practice......

May 30, 2012, 11:22 AM

there'd still occasional photos of him standing on the sidelines passing to receivers under the tutelage of Coach Whizzer.............and you know that was giving tons of confidence to the guy who was actually on the field running the offense

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get the facts straight

May 30, 2012, 8:46 AM

There is no basis to say he was high when driving, just possession. And that was a very respectful post, even for a coot. And you are right about Lattimore. A class act all the way, I hope he returns and plays 11 good games this season and maybe doesn't play so well against the Tigers

Where Sammy really screwed up is...

May 30, 2012, 9:25 AM

...he let this happen in the dead period between Spring Practice and Fall Practice. people are antsy for football, but there is no real news, so the media will beat a story to death. it was the same situation w/ Garcia last year. (not comparing the actual transgressions)

whereas last fall, Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu had a similar issue w/ drugs while playing on the #1 team. he sat a game and a couple weeks later everyone forgot about it because there was plenty of football news to fill the vaccuum.

May 30, 2012, 9:29 AM

I didn't mean that Sammy needs to sit against a big-time opponent. Auburn just happens to be the first game of the season. If you opened with Furman, I would say that sitting the Furman game would be appropriate. Regardless of the team you're playing, a one game suspension is more than enough for a kid like Sammy.

Apples and oranges?

May 30, 2012, 10:32 AM

I think it goes both ways. Coots think taters are rednecks too. Who is righ? Everyone is, when you ask the people who agree with them.
Garcia was arrested for misdemeanors on all counts. Enabling? He lasted long enough to get his degree at least, which I think could be seen as compassio, sunce in the end, what did he really do that was that bad? What McDaniel did deserved prison time, but where is HE now? Sue the gamecock fan base for rooting for a somewhat troubled kid that they truly wanted to see succeed. Might be a different story had he done anything that we all had at least one friend in college who wasn't consistently guilty of.

OH I'm sorry

May 30, 2012, 10:34 AM

I thought we were in America. McDaniel was not convicted of even a misdemeanor. No conviction....just an accusation.

PTI = Admission of guilt***

May 30, 2012, 12:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

No

May 30, 2012, 12:54 PM

but I would defer as your boys are FAR more experienced in the legal system

Really, I just know of one cadet who got in trouble recently

May 30, 2012, 12:56 PM

Of course tht was frekin home invasions, so it counts for a few

Let me ask you this

May 30, 2012, 12:55 PM [ in reply to PTI = Admission of guilt*** ]

how do you HONESTLY feel about how Garcia was enabled to continue his negative behavior? Do you think it is the right thing or the wrong thing to suspend players from actual games when they break the law...regardless of how you feel about that law?

He should have been gone after the first two

May 30, 2012, 12:57 PM

Ball Sack didn't trust Shaw or anyone else at the time

Re: Apples and oranges?

May 30, 2012, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Apples and oranges? ]

You dumb S what was Mcdaniels convicted of?????????

Garcia was arrested for a misdemeanor? So was Sammy you #### licking coot. Where's the cam on Garcia?

Where's the cam on Holloman???? GO AWAY

May 30, 2012, 10:42 AM

LMAO @ i assume you don't care
...but screw it, i will post anyway

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OH I'm sorry

May 30, 2012, 10:58 AM

We also live in a world of logic and reason...although I suspect you may not. Do you really believe he didn't do it? Do you also think Garcia was a bad kid who didn't deserve a shot at a decent future, considering he had a child and injured no one? I mean, regardless of what you have to say as a fan of one team or the other.

Re: OH I'm sorry

May 30, 2012, 11:23 AM

How many chances do you give that kid???

He respected no one and yes I think he's a trouble maker and SOS thought your backup wasn't any good so that's why he kept him around

From a Coot website

May 30, 2012, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: OH I'm sorry ]

http://www.leftoverhotdog.com/articles/other-stuff/witnesses-aid-charged-clemson-player.html

Deandre has admitted to putting his hands on the girl in some form, but it looks pretty obvious according to the eyewitness account that she greatly exaggerated the story.

I'm not condoning any form of violence towards women, but there was no conviction, so there was no basis for punishment.

May 30, 2012, 11:31 AM

Good post and nice to meet a level headed game ####. While some disagree I think he has to sit for Auburn. There is no way around it. If he does not sit for auburn, it will look back on Clemson. We will have to deal with Auburn without him.

Re: Re: Apples and oranges?

May 30, 2012, 11:31 AM

I suppose I had high hopes for intelligent debate on the topic. It seems I came to the wrong place. I appreciate your grown up response, and the way that it raised my opinion of yourself and your fan base. Now I know I can take your knowledgeable and intelligent responses seriously, and agree that all us coots are the only delusional idiots in the state. And what does the dash cam have to do with anything I said? My name isn't Kornblutt. I guess after your demonstration of logic and reason, I shouldn't bother questioning your reading comprehension...

yes now leave troll with your acussing D Mac

May 30, 2012, 11:44 AM

of something he wasn't charged with, we all know Carkeya never hurt anyone, no big deal keying some ones car. How many arrest? Get lost troll

Re: and you'd be correct on all counts......btw, good luck in

May 30, 2012, 11:53 AM

Yes, I will retreat before your obvious intellectual and tater net posting superiority. You gave thoroughly impressed me, sir.

Re: and you'd be correct on all counts......btw, good luck in

May 30, 2012, 12:44 PM

It takes so little to entertain the simpleminded.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2012, 12:44 PM

Thank you, mtp1.

Everything we've seen up until this incident pointed to Sammy being a great kid. He made a mistake. It happens.

I do have to say, though, that there sure are a lot of internet tough-guys on this board trashing fans of other teams who come on here and offer logical, reasoned posts - I've never quite understood how that makes you more of a fan. In fact, it's embarrassing when posters from BIG XII schools are treated that way; makes us all look like trailer-trash from Columbia.

No offense, mtp1; I'm sure your trailer is really nice!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic