Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The story of my tiger rag.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,634

The story of my tiger rag.

Mar 20, 2012, 9:06 AM

My tiger rag is in my pocket. Yes. I dropped out of Clemson when I lost my scholarship. I joined the Air Force. I the past two years I have been around the world several times over, I have been deployed twice, and live overseas.

I have a little over a year on my contract, and as soon as that is done I plan to enroll back in Clemson. I have made mistakes and left Clemson as a boy, but I will return and GRADUATE as a man.

In the past few years I have been all over the world, and grown. I will return to Clemson, lord willing, and complete what I started. My tiger rag was sent to me by my parents on my first deployment. It has been with me on over 60 combat missions, and over 400 combat hours, plus many many more at my homestation.

I may not have graduated in the 4 years like many of you. But Clemson is part of who I am. And one way or the other my beloved university will be part of me forever. My grandparents, parents, and now sisters have attended and graduated from Clemson. I will be next.

Every day when I need motivation, I look at my tiger rag. To me it is not just a symbol of my favorite team, or even just a reminder of my school, but a motivator to be a better person. To go back to school, and to become a college graduate.

When I do get my degree from Clemson, I will never take it for granted. I have been in 2 wars, spent months and months in an unfamiliar place where people hate me for the color of my skin, and fought for my country in the past few years. And I am ready to come home. My rag has been with me every step of the way, and has encouraged me in times that I needed it the most.

The day I get my diploma from Clemson University I will have my tiger rag in my pocket, as I always do. And I will be sure to let you guys know the second it happens.

Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God Bless You!

Mar 20, 2012, 9:19 AM

A true Clemson Tiger! Love your attitude and outlook!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to go bro and thanks for your service.

Mar 20, 2012, 9:34 AM
100_1649.jpg(859.8 K)

Glad the Tiger Rag is an inspiration to you. Got one i've had for about 30 years, but if i'd kept it in my pocket all those years, it might be worn out by now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The story of my tiger rag.

Mar 20, 2012, 9:41 AM

Kudos! Thanks for your service to our country, and never let anyone steal your dream. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The story of my tiger rag.- it is the ring for me

Mar 20, 2012, 9:48 AM

and it will be for you when you get there but the story of the rag and your travels is pretty neat. I have an old one w the purple paw that I treasure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2012, 9:51 AM

Thank you for your post. Thank you for your service. Don't worry that you didn't finish in four years...I crammed 4 years into 5 myself but it was 5 memorable years. I started a kid of 17 with no real purpose and finished married and with a direction in my life. Whenever I go back to Clemson, I still get chill bumps when I first see the Blue Ridge Mountains. You will finish a better man. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

every university is made better by those that support it,

Mar 20, 2012, 11:05 AM

clemson it would seem has already been made richer by yours.

thanks for all you've done and all the best in your future endeavors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aww look at that cute beretta ;]***

Mar 20, 2012, 11:09 AM

Hey Bradley...I took 7 years to graduate due to service, so

Mar 20, 2012, 11:23 AM

keep the dream & desire & will & ability to return to Tigertown and get that degree...as a more mature man.

Plus, you probably will make better grades & understand what it's all about at this point in life.

And yes, you will be a very happy Clemson Man when that diploma is in hand...and that Tiger Rag is in your pocket.

Thanks for sharing...serving & remaining loyal to dear ole Clemson.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember when you first posted that you were joining the

Mar 20, 2012, 7:03 PM

Air Force. We'll love welcoming you back to Clemson, but you are already a Tiger in all ways. God speed and stay safe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2012, 7:06 PM

Thanks for what you have done and make sure to get the education as soon as possible, if you wait as I did, it won't happen.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

It's never too late.

Mar 21, 2012, 9:44 AM

Fulfill your dream--if, in fact, that's your dream.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Mar 20, 2012, 7:52 PM

Can't wait to hear that you're back at Clemson and also that you have graduated, which I have no doubt you will do. Good luck!!!

Mar 20, 2012, 10:14 PM

GOD bless you for your service to our country and GODSPEED your return to our beloved CU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

When I left for active duty in May 1969, exactly one week

Mar 20, 2012, 11:09 PM

after graduation from Clemson, I took a Clemson pennant I had had since my freshman year. The pennant traveled with me across the Atlantic and Pacific in and out of harm's way and to this day provides a special reminder of the link to my Alma Mater. It'll be with me the rest of my life. So, you hold onto that Tiger Rag and your dreams, and I have no doubt that due to your accomplishments, you will realize those dreams...and have a whole lot of people supporting you.

By the way I'm quite familiar with the 130....My first duty

Mar 21, 2012, 6:31 AM

station was with an Airborne/Mechanized Infantry outfit in Germany, and most of our jumps were from 130's. We, also, jumped the Huey Choppers, Chinooks and the Starlifters, my favorite being the 130's...quite a workhorse.

good on you***

Mar 21, 2012, 8:57 AM

When you walk, that Rag better be attached to your gown

Mar 21, 2012, 9:24 AM

so everyone can see it!

Thanks,
CBS

Great post, and thank you for your service.***

Mar 21, 2012, 11:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,634
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic