Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What has Dabo done? You have to be some kind of dummy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

What has Dabo done? You have to be some kind of dummy

Feb 17, 2012, 3:19 PM

to think he hasn't done well or that he's doing the same as our previous coach.

In 2011:

1) We won 10 games for the first time in 21 years.

2) We had the most conference wins in 28 years.

3) We were division champions for the 2nd time in three seasons.

4) We were the ACC Champions for the first time in 20 years.

5) We posted our first 7-0 home record in school history.

6) We went to a major bowl for the first time in 30 years.

7) We were 1 of only 3 BCS schools to improve from a losing season in 2010 to a 10-win season in 2011.

8) We won first eight games of the season. It was only the 4th time we've ever done that.

9) When we became bowl eligible on October 7th, it was the the earliest we've ever been bowl eligible.

10) We tied for 3rd in the entire country by beating four top 25 teams.

11) We had the most top 25 wins in school history.

12) We were the first ACC school ever to beat ranked teams in 3 consecutive games.

13) When we beat 3rd ranked VT in the ACCCG, it tied the highest ranked team we've ever beaten.

14) We reached #5 in the BCS poll. Our highest ranking in the BCS poll ever.

15) We were ranked in the BCS standings for 8 straight weeks.

16) We finished 15th in BCS ranking on December 4, tied for our best final BCS ranking in history.

17) We came back from 14 points or more down to win 3 games, the most ever. We've only come back from that margin 9 other times in history.

18) We came back from 18 down at Maryland, it was the 2nd biggest comeback in Clemson history.

19) We ended the nation’s longest winning streak when we beat Auburn for the first time since 1951.

20) When we beat 10th ranked Virginia Tech at Blacksburg, it was the largest margin of victory over a ranked team on the road in school history.

21) We set a school record by scoring in 22 consecutive quarters.

22) We finished with 6,171 yards of total offense, 3rd most in ACC history.

23) We had 33 TD passes as a team, 4th most in ACC history.

24) We had 3,952 passing yards, 4th most in ACC history.

25) We scored 470 points, 7th most in ACC history.

26) We set school records for passing yards, total offense, and points scored.

27) We had two first-team AP All-Americans for the first time, ever.

28) We did all of this 29 true or RS freshmen, tied with Indiana for the most in the country.

These are the relevant facts. Yup, you've got to be some sort of dummy to think we're not on the right track or that we aren't succeeding at a level higher than our previous staff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What has Dabo done? You have to be some kind of dummy

Feb 17, 2012, 3:24 PM

But to the Dabo haters who everyone knows, don't talk facts, he wasn't a name coach so he can never be any good to those cockroaches.

70-33. That's what he's done. That and 3 in a row to usuck.***

Feb 17, 2012, 3:30 PM

Positives outweight the negatives

Feb 17, 2012, 3:32 PM

But Dabo deserves to be the head coahc right now.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

No, right now they are a wash at best. Dabo has done a lot

Feb 17, 2012, 4:30 PM

of good, but he also can't seem to really get any slack in his leash. All of the seasons losses were really rather embarrassing. That has to stop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, the losses were embarrassing and unacceptable.

Feb 17, 2012, 5:38 PM

The head coach is ultimately responsible for everything, but most of that was on Steele, and to Dabo's credit, he took decisive action to correct that. The losses to the coots are also big, no matter how many try to downplay that.

But, while there is still work to be done, the positives far outweigh the negatives at this point. In terms of significance and achievements, winning the ACC (and a BCS Bowl) is second only to winning the MNC, and right now that overshadows everything else, as it should.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

speaking of broken records...***

Feb 17, 2012, 3:34 PM [ in reply to 70-33. That's what he's done. That and 3 in a row to usuck.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knew this was coming.***

Feb 17, 2012, 7:42 PM [ in reply to 70-33. That's what he's done. That and 3 in a row to usuck.*** ]

Re: 70-33. That's what he's done. That and 3 in a row to usuck.***

Feb 24, 2012, 7:12 PM [ in reply to 70-33. That's what he's done. That and 3 in a row to usuck.*** ]

are you danny? come on he did great at clemson, but a couple of years have past since he last graced our sidelines. we have struggled to regain the supremacy we had under his guidance. schollies have been reduced, defenses have been handcuffed with what they can do ( esp. talking about db's), offenses have evolved, in other words times have changed. how did he do at arky? get behind the head coach we have now, and the next, etc. we will get back, do you want to be a part of it or just relive the glory years? and by the way i have pictures of him holding my kids, who are now grown men, so i liked him as our hc too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cue Life of Brian. "But apart from better sanitation and

Feb 17, 2012, 3:38 PM

medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and freshwater systems and baths and public order...name ONE THING Dabo has done for us!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That good ****

Feb 17, 2012, 4:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here in the devil's playground.....

Feb 17, 2012, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Cue Life of Brian. "But apart from better sanitation and ]

He is known as Dabo of Pelham.

:)

Hope you and fam are ok?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed. Thank you.

Feb 17, 2012, 5:24 PM

and you and yours?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cue Life of Brian. "But apart from better sanitation and

Feb 18, 2012, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Cue Life of Brian. "But apart from better sanitation and ]

That was a better analogy than anything I could have ever have done. My hat is off to you fine sir. Though most of the anti Dabo crowd are coots, the others must be too young to remember the Tommy West years.

Let me tell you what else happened last year.

Feb 17, 2012, 3:41 PM

All 4 of our losses were by 14 points or more. 1st time in Clemson history.

B to the V will work on that. So will the Chad.

Feb 17, 2012, 3:45 PM

I'm thinking...

hope so.***

Feb 17, 2012, 3:45 PM

No you don't. If they do, you'll have nothing to do.***

Feb 17, 2012, 4:08 PM

Wrong***

Feb 17, 2012, 4:10 PM

I'm thinking he's right here.

Feb 17, 2012, 8:04 PM

Some people will never be happy with Dabo because they simply don't like him. The fact is, the program is strong, the players are getting as much out of it as any in the country and Clemson is a team that NOBODY wants to play. Nobody. Even WV wouldn't want to play us again because the fact is, the outcome is not certain. Our losses were almost exclusively due to players just not making the plays they needed to make. Many of them are young. Mistakes are part of the game.

Dabo is the right guy for the job. Here is a little reality for you. Only the few teams who have historic pasts are getting the biggest names and they are setup to win just because of that. Sure we will get a few here and there and SCU will get a few too but at the end of the day, it takes luck for teams other than bama, usc, fla, fsu, okla, texas and OS to get to the big game and win without players playing a perfect game just due to their overwhelming talent. Don't get me wrong, we can get to that point but it will take a decade of excellence to get to the point where 5 star kids are talking about us before we even court them. But, Dabo can lead this team to a NC. He just needs the players to step up and play their best.

Ask yourself if you thought bama would beat LSU like they did. Some did but I heard most people crowing about lsu's defense. The reality is, bama has more weapons and it always will unless there is something different about the program that apeals to just enough talent to get them on the same level. Not gonna happen with miles. Could happen with Dabo. People trust him and they should. Winning is huge for him but being a true mentor and truly helping those kids is his first passion. THAT will be Dabo's ace in the hole that could get us a #1 or 2 ranking in all the rankings and then we will finally have the tools.

Stick around, this is gonna be fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: I'm thinking he's right here.

Feb 17, 2012, 8:19 PM

Trying to compare LSU and Clemson along with Miles and Dabo is absurd.

LSU and Miles are light years ahead of Clemson.

Wow, You are stuck in some

Feb 17, 2012, 8:31 PM

kind of hole. Light years? Hmm. What was the ONLY team to take the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS to overtime last year and on their home field and actually called and ran the correct play to win but came up short because of one mistake? Light years? A former D1-AA team played bama closer than lsu did. Light years? Wake up. We are every bit as talented as lsu and I think we would even beat them. Miles is mediocre at best. If wins are your only measuring stick, you have allot to learn about college athletics.

Now THAT was a comparison. Using names of other programs to prove a point does not constitute a comparison. Well, simply mentioning a team in the same paragraph is a comparison to some of you but hey, I do not claim every poster here understands basic language let alone this.

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Re: Wow, You are stuck in some

Feb 17, 2012, 9:27 PM

You are right on any given day,any team could upset another,but please be real,Clemson could not beat LSU on a regular bases,we are not on their level yet,and we are light years away from BAMA.Miles mediocre?what has Dabo done to prove that he is a better coach than Miles?Miles has a NC AND HAS played for another.We need to worry about beating NC STATE GT and the coots before we start to think that we are as good as LSU

Feb 17, 2012, 9:14 PM [ in reply to I'm thinking he's right here. ]

Ateam that no one wants to play?really? GT NC STATE USUC WVA ask them if they are afraid to play us,Dabo better than Miles?look I love Clemson but the love fest that some of you have with Dabo has you blinded,he may well take us to where we need to be but we have a ways to go

Feb 18, 2012, 6:16 AM [ in reply to I'm thinking he's right here. ]

> Some people will never be happy with Dabo because
> they simply don't like him. The fact is, the program
> is strong, the players are getting as much out of it
> as any in the country and Clemson is a team that
> NOBODY wants to play. Nobody. Even WV wouldn't want
> to play us again because the fact is, the outcome is
> not certain. Our losses were almost exclusively due
> to players just not making the plays they needed to
> make. Many of them are young. Mistakes are part of
> the game.
>
> Dabo is the right guy for the job. Here is a little
> reality for you. Only the few teams who have
> historic pasts are getting the biggest names and they
> are setup to win just because of that. Sure we will
> get a few here and there and SCU will get a few too
> but at the end of the day, it takes luck for teams
> other than bama, usc, fla, fsu, okla, texas and OS to
> get to the big game and win without players playing a
> perfect game just due to their overwhelming talent.
> Don't get me wrong, we can get to that point but it
> t will take a decade of excellence to get to the
> point where 5 star kids are talking about us before
> we even court them. But, Dabo can lead this team to
> a NC. He just needs the players to step up and play
> their best.
>
> Ask yourself if you thought bama would beat LSU like
> they did. Some did but I heard most people crowing
> about lsu's defense. The reality is, bama has more
> weapons and it always will unless there is something
> different about the program that apeals to just
> enough talent to get them on the same level. Not
> gonna happen with miles. Could happen with Dabo.
> People trust him and they should. Winning is huge
> e for him but being a true mentor and truly helping
> those kids is his first passion. THAT will be Dabo's
> ace in the hole that could get us a #1 or 2 ranking
> in all the rankings and then we will finally have the
> tools.
>
> Stick around, this is gonna be fun.

LSU destroyed WVU

And we got rid of the person who let that happen

Feb 17, 2012, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Let me tell you what else happened last year. ]

We can't have it both ways. Dabo is not a X's and O
s coach. He is a CEO type. It's crazy that people want him to get out of the way of our coordinators but when things go wrong get made at him for not doing more.

Fact is that Dabo gave the O to Morris and the D to Steele, as he should have. Morris held up his end of the bargin, Steele did not. Thus Steele was let go.

He then goes out and get Venables and the message he is sending is that we won't accpet failure.

Hence no more Steele... Whatever your moronic criticisms of

Feb 17, 2012, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Let me tell you what else happened last year. ]

Dabo are, you cannot possibly say he hasn't shown a willingness to change things when needed.

Re: Let me tell you what else happened last year.

Feb 17, 2012, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Let me tell you what else happened last year. ]

I have never known a belly acher I would follow on the playing field, in battle or in business that I would follow.

Re: Let me tell you something, you can't tell us anything

Feb 17, 2012, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Let me tell you what else happened last year. ]

that we don't already know and that you and Blue Caddy haven't already posted at least twice weekly.

Wow - He ought to buy players rings with all that on it!!***

Feb 17, 2012, 3:42 PM

Blue Caddy isn't interested in your "facts" or "objective

Feb 17, 2012, 3:47 PM

standards of measuring success."

VT was not ranked 3rd on 12/4/11...***

Feb 17, 2012, 3:59 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2012, 4:06 PM

Excellent post. Highly enlightning to the nay sayers I hope. May the records continue to fall for years to come!!!! Bear, Papa Joe, and Dabo should be a goal for all tigers. It may not happen but we should be All-in for it!!

Blah blah blah! I care about REAL FACTS! You pumpers

Feb 17, 2012, 4:46 PM

can find a way to spin anything.

jk

Onward and upward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't argue Stanley but why doesn't Dabo have a new contract

Feb 17, 2012, 4:48 PM

Stanley - It is hard to argue with those accomplishments. My question is, with all that being done, why hasn't the Board of Trustees given Dabo a contract extension yet? More and more I am thinking they are going to let him go into the 2012 season with only 3 years on his contract, primarily due to the SC and WVU games, and then let him prove himself in 2012.

Aren't most head coaches given their contract extensions by now? It's almost March and Dabo was quoted back in December saying he was waiting to hear about his contract. We still haven't heard anything about a contract extension.

Here's my question - If Dabo goes 7-5 or 8-4 in 2012 with another loss to SC, will the Board of Trustees be happy they have Dabo under a long term contract or will they prefer only 2 years remaining so they can make a change?

I believe Dabo has to beat So Car next season or else.

Feb 17, 2012, 7:49 PM

Sometimes you just have to read between the spaces.

The difference with Dabo is this

Feb 17, 2012, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Can't argue Stanley but why doesn't Dabo have a new contract ]

Dabo is not worried about getting the contract. He is truly happy with getting paid his current salary. Don't misunderstand, he is driven and wants to earn a salary increase but he is confident and patient that he will earn it. For now, he wants the salary actions to be focused on his assistants. Smart, in my book. If it was me, I wouldn't care if my assistant were paid more than me. My salary is my salary and has little to do with what others are being paid. What's more, if he went to TDP and said, "look, this year was not worth an extension and believe me, I think I'll earn one next year but for now, let's focus on getting this staff to be the best it can be", I think he is proving himself even more worthy of the job. He is teaching even in this. I know one thing for absolute sure. If Dabo were let go from Clemson, he would be running a major program soon after. Guys like him are rare and valuable. If he is not screaming for an extension and threatenling to jump ship (ah, memories) it should be a sign that he truly believes what he is saying. I like him and the mothers of many talented young men do too!

Smplman, those are glowing compliments but

Feb 18, 2012, 10:20 AM

reality is all coaches want to tell a recruit they have at least 4 years left on their contract so they can say they are "not going anywhere" while the recruit is at the school. Just Google the article from Orange and White back in December where Dabo said he waiting to hear about his contract extenstion. It didn't sound like he was saying he didn't deserve an extension nor do I recall him saying he didn't want one.

Point is, you may be correct in that he may honestly feel an extension is not deserved but in spite of his feelings the lack of an extension does not help recruiting for 2013, since he only has 3 years remaining. Other schools can use that against him in recruiting.

I still think that the longer Dabo goes without an extension the more it looks like there are reservations among Board members. When TDP was asked about Dabo's extension in the interview with T-Net, the first words out of his mouth were "you're only as good as your last game", which says to me that the subject of the contract extension has already been discussed with the Board but TDP is not having success getting it done. You know TDP wants Dabo to get the extension before TDP retires so he gives Dabo every opportunity to be successful.

AND, I see the salary sharing by Dabo differently. I see it as the Board saying to Dabo, you are asking us to pay your top two assistants more than any other school in the country; for us to do that you will need to reduce your raise to free up the cash. People in a position with a lot of leverage don't have to do this and therefore I don't think Dabo has a lot of leverage with the Board right now.

very good points and a welcomed

Feb 19, 2012, 9:29 AM

change from the typical "Dabo hasn't beaten..." or "Bama would...".

I think you may be right on the recruiting thing but I think Dabo truly believes he will be in position to get a good extension next year and doesn't think this will have a large impact on recruiting right now.

I think our perception about what tools are good for recruiting might be a bit off. A great example is the fact that every sec coach takes scholarships from kids to give to others. Dabo has never taken a scholarship from a kid that came in with one unless he was kicked off the team/out of school for some rules violation. Dabo has given a taken from walk-ons but that is a given. My gut tells me this should be huge when it comes to recruiting but it really isn't. The mindset of these recruits is hard to grasp. I know this, if it was me, I'd rather sign with a coach who has proven he keeps his word. But, I am no blue chip.

Good observation on the committee and TDP's comments. I tend to agree that the conversation has taken place but I also think that Dabo has a chance with the staff he has in place to get our team playing the best it has in 25 years. If that happens, he'll get his extension.

But, if we happened to win the acc next year and actually win the bowl game, I would expect morris to be gone freeing up some funds for Dabo while still allowing him to go get another good one.

We'll see.

Feb 17, 2012, 5:11 PM

Dabo has turned our program around. Can't wait for next season!

Good job with good facts!***

Feb 17, 2012, 5:12 PM

'Nuff said. Fantastic post!***

Feb 17, 2012, 8:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really like Dabo but pretty similar to Bowden years

Feb 17, 2012, 8:27 PM

so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't quite remember Bowden getting us to the ACCCG

Feb 17, 2012, 9:45 PM

I do agree that we still lose or almost lose games that we shouldn't. See NC State and MD last year.

I get that but it's been pretty similar as far as being

Feb 18, 2012, 8:41 AM

in position to get to championship game. Under Bowden, the players didn't make the plays down the stretch...see Aaron Kelly's drop vs. BC. Last year against Wake, we played awful but made the plays down the stretch.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has done more in 3 years than Bowden did in 9 years...

Feb 18, 2012, 1:33 PM

..except for beat the snot out of the coots. In my estimation, that's the biggest monkey on his back at the moment.

Fact remains, you can blame players all you want, but Bowden NEVER did what Dabo has done.

yeap 1-3 vs usc and already a losing season.***

Feb 19, 2012, 12:25 PM

Far, far outweighed by the positives

Feb 19, 2012, 12:31 PM

It's not even close.

And we're still growing whereas your cheating coach has peaked... with major infractions, lack of institutional control, loss of scholarships, and probation, again.

Re: yeap 1-3 vs usc and already a losing season.***

Feb 19, 2012, 12:39 PM [ in reply to yeap 1-3 vs usc and already a losing season.*** ]

liar liar pants on fire coot

You have to be some kind of dummy

Feb 18, 2012, 9:22 AM

to think this is the first Clemson coach with a laundry list of useless stats to prove why he is the best ever in the history of college football.

To be clear, I think Dabo is doing a great job of firing the bad coaches he hired. His Dumper approach to coaching is refreshing and gives me hope for the future. However, your post reeks of desperation. I wish you had gone for quality over quantity because I respect a pumper with standards. Some days I feel like the two are mutually exclusive.

Ya know, bubba, your post exactly epitomizes the "dumb" I'm

Feb 18, 2012, 1:29 PM

speaking about.

To suggest the facts I listed are merely a common laundry list resembling accomplishments of many Clemson coaches - DUMB.

To suggest they are useless stats - DUMB.

To suggest I'm saying Dabo has proven to be the best ever in the history of college football - DUMB.

To suggest that Dabo is the only coach to have hired and fired coaches - DUMB.

To suggest Dabo has employed any sort of dumper approach - DUMB.

To suggest the incontestable and relevant facts I cited are a sign of pumping - DUMB.

To suggest the irrefutably applicable facts I posted reek of desperation - DUMB.

To suggest the objective and significant list I provided doesn't equal both quality and quantity - DUMB.

Congrats, you may just be DUMB.

I would rather be called dumb by an internet poster

Feb 18, 2012, 3:26 PM

than be an internet poster that calls people dumb.

The fact remains that your stats were true at the end of the season and Dabo still fired Steele. If your stats aren't good enough for Dabo, then they aren't good enough for me.

pow, direct hit, you sank his battleship***

Feb 19, 2012, 12:32 PM

C'mon Deldoe. That's weak even for you. The very fact that

Feb 19, 2012, 12:45 PM

we accomplished all these things even with a poor defense, that speaks volumes. The polar opposite to whatever Wosco thinks he proving, and in direct contrast to your weak agreement.

7) We were 1 of only 3 BCS schools to improve from a losing season in 2010 to a 10-win season in 2011.

8) We won first eight games of the season. It was only the 4th time we've ever done that.

9) When we became bowl eligible on October 7th, it was the the earliest we've ever been bowl eligible.

12) We were the first ACC school ever to beat ranked teams in 3 consecutive games.

13) When we beat 3rd ranked VT in the ACCCG, it tied the highest ranked team we've ever beaten.

16) We finished 15th in BCS ranking on December 4, tied for our best final BCS ranking in history.

17) We came back from 14 points or more down to win 3 games, the most ever. We've only come back from that margin 9 other times in history.

18) We came back from 18 down at Maryland, it was the 2nd biggest comeback in Clemson history.

19) We ended the nation’s longest winning streak when we beat Auburn for the first time since 1951.

20) When we beat 10th ranked Virginia Tech at Blacksburg, it was the largest margin of victory over a ranked team on the road in school history.

28) We did all of this 29 true or RS freshmen, tied with Indiana for the most in the country.

Exactly, i remember pumpers posting the exact type of

Feb 19, 2012, 12:28 PM [ in reply to You have to be some kind of dummy ]

meaningless statistics to pump Spence and TB. Stats are or losers. Think anyone at Bama gives two shites about stats?

Poor Deldoe...

Feb 19, 2012, 12:43 PM

These are obviously QUALITY, very meaningful stats. They show accomplishments. Accomplishments of a team clearly growing into an even better team. We'll continue to grow as you fall back into less-than-mediocre while on probation with scholarships taken away by the NCAA. You should be proud.

These are quality statistics. A list college football measurables that show Clemson is a good team on the rise. Simply calling these things meaningless is a sign of your desperation.

Dabo has embarrassed this university with 3 straight

Feb 18, 2012, 9:59 AM

losses to our rival...beatdowns really....and a BCS monstrosity of 70-33...yeah, he's the ####!!!

Those losses sucked, and we better get it figured out...

Feb 18, 2012, 1:31 PM

But they pale in comparison to the list of positives.

I agree, but does Dabo deserve the credit for the positives?

Feb 18, 2012, 4:46 PM

Some of them were inevitably going to happen, right?

Re: I agree, but does Dabo deserve the credit for the positives?

Feb 18, 2012, 5:25 PM

come on, oh son, you can't really believe what you are saying. yes, we've lost 3 straight to usuc, which sucks, add in the FACT that they are right now wrapping up a meeting with the ncaa infractions committee, to which they have admitted major violations, while still in the window of past discrepancies, with a one-time lock to be a hall-of-fame coach (i'm not so sure now that his track record is tarnished,makes you wonder how his uf teams accumulated all the talent). dabo,and this staff will get us back to annual acc division titles and acccg's.

Re: What has Dabo done?

Feb 18, 2012, 3:30 PM

Dabo=Blabo
Too much mouth, thin skinned and calls the fans out when they complain about his inability to field a physical team.
Entire team quit on him in bowl game. Flat-out laid down, quit.

Getting irate cause spurrier has been beating the crap out of us three years in a row. Powering all over us. Then he shows his ### on national tv. Looked and acted like a pre-teen girl.

and as for ACC champs---Just how strong do you think the ACC really is?

If he does not shut his pie hole, get off his ### and develop an offensive line that can block well enough for a running back to get a one yard gain---his butt is gone and sooner than one would think

these fans are tired of this reputation we have of quitting when they smash us in the face guard. When the fans quit going to the games---he's a goner.

He best field a physical team--and quick.

Feb 18, 2012, 3:57 PM

Go home to your website shamecock central and worry about the ncaa laying the smackdown on you coot. It is really obvious that you are from cooterville.

Feb 22, 2012, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: What has Dabo done? ]

Great post!

Feb 18, 2012, 4:06 PM

Alot of these posts are from coots scared to look at their own website in fear of seeing the ncaa sanctions headed their way. Dabo has accomplished more in 3 and a half years than Bowden did in 10. Coots, tell your coach who has forever ran his mouth about other teams to shut his mouth and maybe Dabo won't have to verbally make spurrier look like a child sent to his crying room. hahahahahahahahahaha

Feb 22, 2012, 8:23 PM

lets not sugar coat the fact that every time we play a team with a pulse we wither and get hiney stomped

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not correct. We beat several good footbal trams this

Feb 22, 2012, 9:19 PM

year.

trams = teams.***

Feb 22, 2012, 9:19 PM

Re: That's not correct. We beat several good footbal trams this

Feb 22, 2012, 10:06 PM [ in reply to That's not correct. We beat several good footbal trams this ]

We also lost to several mediocre teams this year that we had no business loosing to

And aside from NCST

Feb 23, 2012, 8:39 AM

which was a complete break down, those losses can be sttributed to the D not being able to stop a running QB or an option attack.

Re: And aside from NCST

Feb 24, 2012, 6:48 PM

No excuses, we just got whipped,which happens two or three times every year,needs to stop!

Feb 23, 2012, 10:40 AM

I think the good outweighs the bad, and it looks like Dabo's building a heck of a team.
However, the losses last year were an absolute mess.
Hopefully, the causes have been/are being rectified.
I have faith in Dabo, and genuinely feel he's putting the pieces in place, the orange bowl massacre and rivalry losses notwithstanding.

^^ Upvote

Feb 23, 2012, 11:07 AM

Dabo is our coach and we are lucky to have him. Everyone makes mistakes but we are obviously on our way up, not down, not staying complacent.

Feb 24, 2012, 6:57 PM

Pump it up, sunshine that is. Dabo had done a great job this year, but the taste i have left in my mouth is hard to shake.

Feb 24, 2012, 7:25 PM

All meaningless, if you don't win the big ones. OB & USC

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic