Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE FROM AN OLDER TIGER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE FROM AN OLDER TIGER

Jan 5, 2012, 6:34 PM

I understand the feelings: the loss is tough to take, embarrassing, even humiliating, but I remember at least two other occasions that were the same: the '75 beatdown by The Gamecocks, 56-20, and the '02 drubbing in The Tangerine Bowl by Texas Tech, 55-15. And though the points last night were more, those other losses hurt just as much, especially the '75 loss to The Gamecocks. What I've come to realize after nearly 50 years of my association with Clemson is that sometimes you're going to win big, and other times you'll lose big...and don't let other schools' fans get to you: just about all of them live in glass houses: one TNet poster commented about taunts from GT fans...yet one of GT's worse (if not the worst defeats) came at the hands of Clemson, 73-0, and the Clemson Coach: John Heisman!

Now, the proverbial monkey is on Coach Swinney's back, and I believe he'll have to make a bold statement to the Clemson family fairly quickly, as I am certain the "hot lines" have been burning from the fan base to the BOT, President Barker, TDP and Coach Swinney. Either he stands his ground and gets to work or he makes dramatic changes beginning with the coaching staff. My only view is based upon years of experience in business and in the Army: even your best managers and generals are subject to losing their jobs over debacles...and as the HHIC, you make your decision based upon what you think those managers' and generals' future contributions may be worth.

As many of you get older, I hope you NEVER lose your passion for ALL THINGS CLEMSON...both academically and athletically. Your loyalty is the lifeblood of the University, and although anonymous here, whether we "pump" or "dump," we are all still Clemson! So, we'll get on with our lives, we'll constructively encourage Clemson to right its ship, and demand excellance...both academically and athletically. And, my Friends, that is our right and our duty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

excellent perspective.***

Jan 5, 2012, 6:44 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE FROM AN OLDER TIGER

Jan 5, 2012, 6:45 PM

You're 100% right.

Jan 5, 2012, 7:08 PM

Well stated. I am one of those 40 plus years of all in Tigers. Your post is home page material.

Well said--I've been around a while too and agree 100%***

Jan 5, 2012, 6:49 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 5, 2012, 6:50 PM

People are posting that video of the 99 yard return everywhere and it's painful to watch. I agree with you though and even though this game sucked I still think I hate losing to the Gamecocks more.

whether we "pump" or "dump," we are all still Clemson!

amen

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Very good comment and one that I needed to read/hear today after last night's debacle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey fellow Oldie "Harkins"; one of best posts ever seen. ThX

Jan 5, 2012, 6:55 PM

Right on since our dear ole Clemson will remain Supreme Alway...whether academically or athletically.

Go TIGERS...get over it and strive to be better Clemson Men in every way.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2012, 6:51 PM

Meh, not worth it anymore. After that embarrassment....everyone is laughing at us. Have you heard the comments on espn, the rival main board? THE NATIONAL RADIO? I can't help but feel ashamed of clemson football

All I can say is AMEN!!!

Jan 5, 2012, 6:53 PM

Excellent Post.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Correction: Meant "Harkins". Still best post today, so THX!

Jan 5, 2012, 6:57 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All I can say is AMEN!!!

Jan 5, 2012, 7:40 PM [ in reply to All I can say is AMEN!!! ]

Deciding to be a Clemson fan is like eating a huge stack of pancakes. They look so good at first by the end, you're totally sick of them.

May be true for a very short while, but you always go

Jan 5, 2012, 9:06 PM

back for more, because they taste just as good the next time around!

Jan 5, 2012, 6:56 PM

I have also been around Clemson football for a few years. I remember some of the bad times as well as the good ones. I know about loving Clemson though all of it, but I do have a problem with our football team after last night. I got up and left the game with about half of the forth quarter left on the clock. I've never done that before. The only reason I left was that I thought the players had left before me. After the first quarter the team was either shell-shocked or in a coma. We need a team with some toughness, that will finish drives, games, and seasons with determination and energy. In the old days, we lost, but we never gave up. Last night, the team quit. I have a problem with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang....2nd Apology. Meant "Hartins"

Jan 5, 2012, 6:59 PM

Go TIGERS!

That's OK, Bill...I've been called a lot of names! LOL***

Jan 5, 2012, 8:29 PM

I feel certain all of us had a problem with that, for it

Jan 5, 2012, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE FROM AN OLDER TIGER ]

seemed that the "wind was out of the sails" on into the second half...in other words, the team was demoralized. That then becomes the responsibility of not only the coaching staff but the team leaders themselves, and that is directly relative to discipline. We've seen it happen to many teams, ours and others, over the years...it happens at work, in the service, in organizations to which we belong. The ultimate onus is upon the overall leader, and as I posted, that monkey is on Coach Swinney's back. But for you, personally, don't worry, you're not the first fan to leave a game early and won't be the last! It's about like a bad movie: when you've figured out the ending, either boredom or disgust sets in, and you're ready for something else. But keep the faith....

Jan 5, 2012, 7:01 PM

Well said and well put-from a fellow older Tiger.

Jan 5, 2012, 7:19 PM

I'm an old Tiger also and know during these times is when the Palyers need to know were all in with them.
Great post!!

Jan 5, 2012, 7:17 PM

with age comes wisdom, eloquently stated and factual to a fault.

Jan 5, 2012, 7:22 PM

Perspective is something that our fan base definitely needs right now, so THANK YOU. I just got done listening to Bobby Hartin's sports show in Charleston and I can tell you that the gloating from South Carolina fans on the show is out of control. He's trying to manage it, but it's like herding cats. They're having a disturbingly good time. Some of their fans are so filled with irrational hate for Clemson that they're making stuff up at this point. It would have been like me calling up to gloat after 63-17, or 0-11, or the countless butt-whippings we've handed them over the years. I'm proud to say I never have, and never felt the need to. Not even in an office full of South Carolina fans, I would kindly decline to brag after all our wins. That being said, some of the comments from their fans made me want to drive off the road. Growing up playing sports I was taught to win and lose with class. Whining about losing, or gloating about winning is something that Clemson fans should never stoop to. By and large most of us have a lot of class and don't act like imbecile chicken-fans when we win/lose. They have more than their share, and yes I'm generalizing about South Carolina fans because the "shoe-fits".

That being said, its going to take every ounce of strength I have to not rub their noses in it the next time we smack them around. Can you imagine what a mean-spirited loser I would have had to have been to rub any South Carolina fan's nose into 63-17, or 0-11, etc...what kind of low-life scum-bag does that??? Well, I think we're finding that South Carolina's fan base does that. All of the losing and butt-kickings they've received over the last 115 years has made them a bunch of perversely hateful, spiteful, small-minded, trashy ignorant poor sports who neither win nor lose with ANY class whatsoever. Just remember Clemson fans, "we are better that that". We really are, no matter what happens don't forget that. BTW, right now it's the only thing keeping me from letting someone have it and giving them what they deserve (that's the "G" rated version anyway).

I agree with you and think changes are on the way, hopefully soon. I don't think Dabo puts up with a lot of BS, so he's getting the benefit of the doubt right now. I hope coach Steele falls on his sword and we move forward. Let's hope we get the defense fixed by the time next November rolls around. Lets get a new S&C coach while we're hoping. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any "game" in life requires nerves of steel, because there

Jan 5, 2012, 7:34 PM

will always be the naysayers and rabblerousers. It is then on us to chart our course with unfledging determination and strive toward our goals. Throughout history the greatest of men have always heard the taunts from the least, yet they managed to summon up the inner reserve toward their own greatness. Such must be our determination in our own lives and with Clemson!

Jan 5, 2012, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE FROM AN OLDER TIGER ]

I think a lot of their bitterness and hate for us come the Dabo rant the week after the USC game. I've seen TONS of comments from the Coot fans that refer to THE University is NOT in Clemson, Tweet that, and about our domination, ect.....But they are very sickening...I don't do a lot of facebook, but I did unsubscribe 5 of them today...Sickening comments...But I do love my Tigers as I have been following them for bout 50 years...

Re: I refuse to be humble. I have never met a Coot that I

Jan 5, 2012, 7:45 PM

can't send packing ---65-40-4

Jan 6, 2012, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE FROM AN OLDER TIGER ]

As I posted a little down the thread I had to delete good friends this week because of their lack of respect. It has gotten very bitter. From good people too. I just don't understand that mentality.

Kind of like: "With friends like those, who needs enemies!"

Jan 6, 2012, 11:47 AM

It usually pays dividends in the long run to select and nuture our friendships carefully. Unfortunately, most of us have to learn that lesson the hard way sometimes!

Jan 5, 2012, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE FROM AN OLDER TIGER ]

When a coot thinks they have the upper hand. Just say yes man this is a tough one to handle. But can you help me out, and tell me how did y'all handle your 0/11 season. Because this is almost as bad as that. And if it wasn't for our 10 wins, it would run a close second. I also have 49 years invested in our Tigers, so bailing isn't even an option.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2012, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE FROM AN OLDER TIGER ]

"Well, I think we're finding that South Carolina's fan base does that. All of the losing and butt-kickings they've received over the last 115 years has made them a bunch of perversely hateful, spiteful, small-minded, trashy ignorant poor sports who neither win nor lose with ANY class whatsoever. Just remember Clemson fans, "we are better that that". We really are, no matter what happens don't forget that. BTW, right now it's the only thing keeping me from letting someone have it and giving them what they deserve."

When I read this, all I can do is scratch my head and wonder just which Clemson fans you are referring to as being "better than that". I have read nothing short of hate-filled tyraids from a majority of your fanbase when it comes to the University of South Carolina, it's teams, and its fans (on these boards) the last two months. Prideful boasts from a coach that would make you believe he was personally responsible for all the success Clemson has enjoyed over South Carolina in the past 100 years. I have followed SC sports since 1967, the year we moved to South Carolina from Alabama. Coming from that state, I never really followed ACC football in the 60's and 70's due to the fact I was a big Bama (football)fan. It was only until I actually attended college and graduated in 1980 that I started following this rivalry. And for the most part, Clemson dominated this series since my time at school. However, the one thing I have seen that has changed over the years is the extreme hatred fans from both camps share toward one another. Some of you would have us crawl on our hands and knees while in your presence and kiss your "boot". I had a neighbor for about 10 years that was a Clemson grad. We were both in our 50s (now) and never talked sports. He was a great neighbor and a generous person to know. Therefore, I know first hand this is more of a "younger" generation issue. I have never had problems with any Clemson fan I sat with or near during any games I attended. So as the saying goes, don't throw rocks in glass houses. The contempt is wide spread and runs down to the bone...just like any cancer. And I will close with this thought... I never needed a university football team to make me feel good about life...too many people on both sides do just that.

A lot of it is attributable to the "passions of youth," I'll

Jan 5, 2012, 10:16 PM

admit, and sometimes from some of us "older" folks in the heat of the moment; however, you are correct in that we have to try to keep things in life in perspective and not allow those passions to consume our very being! I've always enjoyed the "to and fro" when discussing rivalries but never have considered it necessary to load the guns and come out firing, so to speak. I suppose these type of discussions occur nationwide, as rival teams practice the fine art of "trash talking."

bad days...

Jan 6, 2012, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE FROM AN OLDER TIGER ]

I am totally with you on the "no need to gloat comment". Not ONCE have I ever felt the need to gloat after a Clemson win over USC. I carry on as normal but with a smile on my face. Sometimes a really big smile. There is no need. I am used to it and I am sure that it will be back to normalcy soon enough with them. When they win I say good game and continue on with reality.

I have discovered that they are nasty. VERY nasty people. Some friends that have been really close have shown their lack of respect for me and others over the past few days. Its bad. Very bad. In fact it has been so bad that I have had to delete some people off of my Facebook. I will have to say that I only allow my close friends on my Facebook. That is how bad it has been.

I don't mind good fun and bragging but it is bad. I haven't seen adults act like this in a very long time. Especially over a football game. The problem to me is this...they were not even involved in the football game. Wouldn't it have made them look better if we had rolled over WV. Wouldn't that have given them more reason to brag...we go back to the "Coot logic" here I guess.

As I said yesterday. The sunrise was still Orange and Purple Thursday morning and I am STILL proud to be a Clemson Tiger!!!

Re: Good lines but that is not what Clemson folk want to

Jan 5, 2012, 7:23 PM

hear now. That is kind of like giving Custer six more bullets. Those injuns are going to keep on coming unless something is done.

Peanut, you've made some good posts before, and I know

Jan 5, 2012, 7:51 PM

that you're a loyal Tiger! My words were not intended to right the ship, but to make the ship a little righter. I believe there will be changes made sooner rather than later. However, I don't know what they'll be, but I, also, believe they'll have to be for the better. At this particular moment in time, nevertheless, the entire Clemson family is hurting, and we must summon our resolve to lift our own spirits in support of Clemson. I know you'll do your part!

Re:Bo, I don't quit. I feel sure changes will be made or we

Jan 5, 2012, 7:56 PM

are more stupid than I thought. Thanks

Jan 5, 2012, 7:41 PM

Well said.

I'm ready to run through a wall for you, Sir

Jan 5, 2012, 7:41 PM

point.

This post is over 90 minutes old ...

Jan 5, 2012, 7:53 PM

and you still haven't reached 70 pts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i am an older tiger too, ok maybe not quite that old but

Jan 5, 2012, 8:13 PM

i understand and agree wholeheartedly with what you said here. wish i could give it more than one point.

Jan 5, 2012, 9:10 PM

I'm DANG glad I'm not as old as you are Hartins!!

But YOUR day doth rapidly approach...and AT LEAST I

Jan 5, 2012, 9:17 PM

can say that I made it this far! And...you STILL have to get up and go to work tomorrow! LOL

Jan 5, 2012, 9:29 PM

As an graduate who attended just after the championship year, i completely agree. I enjoy Clemson athletics especially football. I hate losing but they don't owe me anything regardless of how much money i give, how many games i go to, etc. The only thing i can choose to do is take my loyalty and money elsewhere. I choose not to do that. I am not a stockholder, many on tnet think and act like they are. There is a sense of entitlement. Truth is, we are more like shoppers, we can choose to buy or go elsewhere that is all we can do. I choose to buy and be happy with my purchase knowing what i am buying. Others buy and complain because it is not what they thought it was or not what he has.

Agree totally!! I still love everythng Clemson***

Jan 5, 2012, 10:07 PM

I can agree with "we'll constructively encourage Clemson to

Jan 5, 2012, 10:24 PM

right its ship, and demand excellence...both academically and athletically." That said, what happened last night is beyond explanation...I cannot remain a loyal Clemson fan and also pretend that I'm not extremely disappointed with the coaching staff and many of the players.

You may be a little generous expressing disappointment,

Jan 7, 2012, 2:55 PM

as most folks, I'm sure, are quite bitter over the loss, and at some time, hopefully, sooner rather than later, the coaching staff will have to address the Clemson family. I would tend to believe that three events next season may assuage a lot of ill feelings: win the CU/USC game, win the ACCCG and win the bowl game!

Re: You may be a little generous expressing disappointment,

Jan 7, 2012, 4:11 PM

that will help but NOTHING will ever make 70-33 right! nothing ever

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I certainly don't dispute that...nothing can ever make it

Jan 7, 2012, 5:26 PM

right, but there may be things to make it a little easier to abide. Quite often in our lives a glimmer of sunshine appears to lighten the "cloudiness" of the day and, thus, makes the day not seem quite so gloomy!

**PLEASE READ** THIS is the social generation, difference...

Jan 5, 2012, 10:36 PM

You almost cant compare any loss or season beyond 5-6 years ago to what happenend last night as far as image and reputation goes.

Before there was just TV, newspaper, Internet explorer, and word of mouth.

NOW IN 2012, The social media in THIS generation has phones, laptops, tablets, TV, satellite radio, instant updates, massive social communication tools like VOKLE and webcam blogs, ESPN, YOUTUBE... so many ways for people to be notified and made aware of whats going on in the world and in this case, College Football.

EVERYONE IN THE US SAW WHAT HAPPENED!
EVERYONE IN THE US WILL ALSO BE REMINDED!
THEY WONT FORGET!
THIS HURT CLEMSON UNIVERSITY'S FOOTBALL PROGRAM MORE THAN THE "OLD TIGERS" WILL EVER KNOW. there will be dozens of Youtube clips about this, mockery videos, highlight reels (and dont forget the record books) that people will go to and be reminded.

So dont play this off as "oh dont worry guys, its not the first time this has happened. We will get through it."

NO, this is the first time in THIS generation that Clemson got detroyyyyed by a worse team from a weaker conference.

I am just trying to get people to understand that CU cannot afford for this to happen again. its the kindof loss that can set your program back a couple years. DABO needs to make a change. this embarrassment shouldnt have happened in the first place, it sure as #### cant happen again!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand the impact and effect of the social media,

Jan 6, 2012, 8:35 AM

ArmyTiger87, and you are correct, the ability to communicate is enormously different now contrasted to my earlier years. However, I do know that the attention span of the American people is good about three weeks on any given topic, then another event arises to divert that attention. You see it happen here even on TigerNet all the time! I suspect our loss will be discussed from time to time, but then most people will get bored from "beating the horse to death," so to speak, and begin addressing other matters. When I was a young kid, others thought it funny to taunt me about my size...Then, about my pathetic ugliness...Then, my propensity for running my mouth. So, I learned very early to "steel my nerves," let them have their moments of glory, and, lo and behold, they'd always find another kid to pick-on! It's a good lesson that applies now. Lastly, I'd agree with you...we don't want such a debacle to occur again, and I'm certain the "powers-that-be" at Clemson know it and don't want it either!

Jan 5, 2012, 11:04 PM

This is the best post I have ever read on this board. I feel exactly like this. I love Clemson because of what it did for my life. I am exactly the type of young man Thomas Green Clemson had in mind when he established Clemson College, and I like you value everything about Clemson more and more as I age. I became "All In" the first time I ever saw Clemson and I will leave this earth "All In" I am upset at what happened last night but the sun came up today and it will again in Clemson S.C. Go Tigers!

I was, too...a small, somewhat frightened fellow from a

Jan 5, 2012, 11:21 PM

small town...and I met a wonderful group of people, some of whom became lifelong friends, who helped me grow in stature mentally and emotionally. We all became a tight-knit group, sometimes differing in opinions and outlooks, but never in our devotion to our Alma Mater. And we believed in an age-old, unwritten credo that Clemson folks ALWAYS look out for each other. I owe everything to Clemson...not only for my education there, but, also, for helping me to learn what it means to be part of a community. And I will always be grateful!

Well said Older Statesman! Best post on T-Net!***

Jan 6, 2012, 8:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...don't know about the "Statesman" part, but you

Jan 6, 2012, 10:25 AM

certainly have the "Older" correct, although sometimes it's easy to feel like I'm a man as old as a state!

Jan 6, 2012, 9:26 AM

We were there, it was horrible and humiliating and expensive and cold. It was a truly awful experience, but my 6 year old nephew put it all into perspective the next day. He listened as we talked about the game and all of a sudden he yelled from the next room and said "well, we are all still tigers." He was right too, our family has always been and always will be ALL IN ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME! Thanks for the perspective little buddy.

My oldest Grandson called today and said, "Momma said not

Jan 6, 2012, 5:56 PM

to call you right after the game because you'd be mad as heck!" I said, "Well, your Momma is a smart lady." He then added, "But she told me I'd better call you today to make sure you didn't have a stroke or something!" I laughed and told him I may well have had a stroke if the scores had been reversed...and added that he might be lucky he lives in Pittsburgh! He added, "But Paw-Paw, I'm still a Tiger fan!" And for that he gets left in the will! lol

Great Post!***

Jan 6, 2012, 9:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 6, 2012, 10:32 AM

And don't forget the worse margin of all in post season - 41-0 by Syracuse, in the cold rain and in Jacksonville...as I kept saying Wednesday nite: "At least it's not raining and this isn't Jacksonville."

The only difference in your comments that I have is the

Jan 6, 2012, 12:41 PM

fact that it WAS raining Wednesday night...albeit, a different form than we would have expected...AND it was a brutally cold rain...something that I suspect a lot of people may have been glad that they had partaken of a certain type of "cold" remedy in an attempt to ward-off the ill effects thereof!

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2012, 10:38 AM

I've been looking for something to make me feel better since about 9:30 Wednesday night. I just read your post and it was just what I needed. And although the stage wasn't quite as big, I had forgotten (or erased it from my memory) the '02 Tangerine Bowl. We had a slow start the following year, but ended with a pounding of our arch rival and kicked another sec rear in the bowl.

Hartins for President!!!******

Jan 6, 2012, 10:46 AM

Jan 6, 2012, 11:10 AM

Fantastic Post Sir

CLEMSAM

Amen Sir. Nice work, couldn't agree more.***

Jan 6, 2012, 1:05 PM

Jan 6, 2012, 1:25 PM

Well said by a true Clemson Fan! WE can and will continue to improve and those that don't want to work to make it better can back away. Clemson can and will return to the type of program that we all wish to see year in and out.

Jan 6, 2012, 1:40 PM

Your post was badly needed,as I'm afraid we have a lot of fans who want things to change this very minute. All of us need to stop,take a breath,and try to figure out just what happened to our defense. I'm as frustrated as anyone,but I try not to go off half cocked and make a huge mistake. I know CLEMSON'S younger fan base don't want to listen to this, but if Danny Ford had lost to SC in 1980, he would have been fired,and we would never have played for the national championship.Clemson's fan base was calling for Ford's head before the SC game.
As far as Kevin Steele goes,I really don't know a lot about him. I think he coached under Nick Saban,so he would have to be decent right?

CLEMSAM

I think a lot of the criticism about Coach Steele has been

Jan 6, 2012, 2:01 PM

what many people call his "complex" defensive schemes...in fact, there seems to have been some complaints about them from some of the team members. I believe a leader has to demand that his men constantly strive to exceed their own expectations as well as those of their leaders and to resist the temptation of dummying-down due to lack of efforts. That being said, there is, also, a famous, old abbreviation: KISS...Keep It Simple, Stupid...that I have always liked because I, also, believe a leader has to be realistic in setting goals. Then, the leader has to motivate while training and enforcing discipline. Whether or not Coach Steele is capable of the above, I don't know.... But I do know this: Coach Swinney is going to have to make that determination, and he'll have to make it quickly.

I'm right there with you!! GO TIGERS!

Jan 6, 2012, 3:50 PM

ALL IN ALL THE FRICKIN TIME

I smell a PUMPER!***

Jan 6, 2012, 6:09 PM

I freely admitted, Tigerfanjack, some time ago that I was a

Jan 6, 2012, 6:45 PM

Clemson "Pumper;" however, that meant that I support the University in all of its endeavors, although I may disagree at times with some of the means toward the ends. I have my opinions about our athletic programs, but then again, my original post was not intended to express those opinions but rather an attempt to help lift the spirits of The Tiger faithful after Wednesday night's massacre. I believe it is healthy for all Clemson fans to express their thoughts, whether "pumping" or "dumping," and I have learned from all. The important idea to me is for the faithful to remain so and to respectfully agree to disagree on the measure of that faith.

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic