Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday

Sep 25, 2011, 4:16 PM

I brought my wife and our 4 children to the game, expecting a nice, quiet, gentlemanly exhibition of collegiate football, and instead I walked into a maelstrom of sin and iniquity. First, on my way to the stadium, a roguish fellow offered me an adult beverage. It will be a cold day in you know where before my lips touch the devils spittle. I quickly ushered my children away from this brute and into the safety of the stadium. To my horror, there were young women covered in paint, and often times barely clothed. I have never seen so many throats and ankles in my life, my poor heart could barely withstand the strain. When the game began the noise level was completely unacceptable, and the people in front of me refused to take their seats, and insisted on standing for the entire contest. Then I began hearing all different manner of swear words. My poor children were drowning in a sea of sin. I was pleasantly surprised by the fans seeming camaraderie in joining in with the oppositions chant, but then, to my surprise, I noticed the orange clad gentlemen were extending their middle fingers. Needless to say I hustled my clan out of the stadium after the first quarter and drove them directly to church. Now I find out the atrocious acts of vandalism may have befallen the sacred aluminum bleachers. I'm going back to Bob Jones, and never coming to Clemson again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday

Sep 25, 2011, 4:18 PM

Welcome to college football!

Check your meter.***

Sep 25, 2011, 6:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Classic... HOF worthy***

Sep 25, 2011, 4:20 PM

No, not since he's make a joke out of vandalizing.....

Sep 25, 2011, 5:07 PM

the benches - the people who did that went way too far.

Sounds like you need another "Big Orange" drink!***

Sep 25, 2011, 4:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like you need another "Big Orange" drink!***

Sep 25, 2011, 4:53 PM

Sounds like he should have excepted a few of the adult beverages. He has to be one of those guys coming out from under the rock in the Geico commercial. Just has to be!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What it was, was

Sep 25, 2011, 4:23 PM

football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: What it was, was

Sep 25, 2011, 4:30 PM

I agree. The 'finger' is totally unacceptible. Now the scantilly clad co-eds ..... that's a whole nother ball of wax. And as for the beer drinking, I think there should be a limit to that! Twelve is enough for anyone!

If you are the driver perhaps. Elsewise what does it matter?***

Sep 25, 2011, 4:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the Andy Griffith reference....point***

Sep 25, 2011, 6:11 PM [ in reply to What it was, was ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

funny, but...

Sep 25, 2011, 4:26 PM

I think giving the other team the finger is crude --- something coots would do. I think we are better than that.

I got tired of the FSU chant during the game. Their band was very loud and the chant became annoying. I liked it best when we countered with a chant of our own, drowning out theirs.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well don't go to Blacksburg!!!!!!!!

Sep 25, 2011, 4:45 PM

Turkey guts everywhere!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2011, 4:58 PM

WOW are u serious??? females wear short shorts everywhere and if u come to the beach or hit the lake what in the world do they wear??? lol maybe they dont have paint on but wow.. And whats wrong with a man offering you a drink?? where are u from man?

wow***

Sep 25, 2011, 6:04 PM

nm

And there it is!

Sep 25, 2011, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday ]

Your post is funnier than Drew's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my........................my.......................my

Sep 25, 2011, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday ]

shaking head....

rilly??? lol

Sep 25, 2011, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday ]

the poster has been around enough to post 3415 times since '04... nobody that righteous could hang out on tnet for that long.

Here's your sign***

Sep 26, 2011, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 17, 2019, 3:31 PM

What kind of sheltered life have you been living that you have never seen any of this before? The "Devil's spittle," really? I'm sure that even at Bob Jones they taught you that Jesus did drink wine, sorry the brute was being polite and offering you a cold beverage on a hot day. Now on to the body paint, if you are a fan of football you would have seen at sometime the students showing their school spirit with paint before. The chants with the finger is something im not a fan of either but im not going to leave the game because of it. If you shelter your kids with church everytime they see something thats not up to your standards they will be in serious shock when they grow up! Just saying!!!!

double wow***

Sep 25, 2011, 6:04 PM

nm

hahahahahhahahahaha

Sep 25, 2011, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday ]

Who's the moron here?

Man... some people***

Sep 26, 2011, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2011, 5:11 PM

I have no problem with someone drinking... that is their choice. But don't bring it the stadium when you know kids are around. That is classless and clueless. I will tell you now.... if you bring it into my section and I see you, I will point you out to those in authority and you will be gone.

If you cuss around kids, you're a moron and once again, classless and clueless. Stand all you want... I don't care.

College football is not about drinking, cussing, and giving someone the finger. It is about the game. Trust me, you aren't as nearly cool as you think you are. I can see that you posted this by what you posted yesterday, which gives the validity to the following statement: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Well, you just removed all doubt! Hopefully one day maturity will set in.

You really need to buy a meter.

Sep 25, 2011, 6:09 PM

Brookstone sells them.

Instead of a meter

Sep 25, 2011, 7:29 PM

A proctologist would be more appropriate. Tracy appears to have a stick lodged squarely in his/her backside. It is obviously causing distress, and should be removed immediately.

Sep 25, 2011, 6:05 PM

LMAO!! this is clasic!! well thought out..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Throats and ankles?!?!?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Sep 25, 2011, 6:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Throats and ankles?!?!?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Sep 25, 2011, 6:19 PM

this was the dead gove-a-way that this entire post was huge joke, now the profanity around children is not acceptable in any case

Sep 25, 2011, 6:11 PM

so does it work both ways , that if some bible thumping classes idiot comes to me preaching about what he believes in and telling me about how i should live, and what morals i should live by. Do i have the right to tell him to go to hell and get out of my yard?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before I got to the last sentence, i figured you must be

Sep 25, 2011, 6:45 PM

From G-ville.

Sep 25, 2011, 7:47 PM

you took that guys post yesterday and ran with it, huh?

Which guy?

Sep 25, 2011, 7:52 PM

nm

Re: Which guy?

Sep 25, 2011, 7:56 PM

the guy you were replying to with some of these same slants you included in this one. It was funny. The guy who said his one complaint at the game yesterday was how the students look like they roll out of bed and go to the game, etc.

Re: Which guy?

Sep 26, 2011, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Which guy? ]

The only thing more hilarious than the original post is the fact that some people actually took it seriously.

Sep 25, 2011, 8:57 PM

So don't sit the student section.

Is the wink really necessary

Sep 25, 2011, 9:04 PM

come on man.

I'm adding you to Mickey Plyler's prayer list you heathen!***

Sep 25, 2011, 9:07 PM

Question about your name....

Sep 25, 2011, 9:08 PM

Did you graduate undergrad in '03 and you already have 4 children? Just asking... if so thats impressive.

I have 6 children.

Sep 25, 2011, 9:11 PM

They are all of the furry variety. Real children seem needy.

Sep 25, 2011, 10:07 PM

Get a life

learn to both read and comprehend

Sep 25, 2011, 10:24 PM

then I'll work on getting a life, but not until then.

Get a meter***

Sep 26, 2011, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS is how it's done

Sep 26, 2011, 5:38 AM

Nothing but net

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

You serious, Clark?

Sep 26, 2011, 10:10 AM

Very funny. And the best part might be the people responding who don't get it. Nice.

You've obviously never been to a Maryland game, then.***

Sep 26, 2011, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

You obviously didn't pay attention in English class

Sep 26, 2011, 12:25 PM

It's called Satire...

Classic!

Sep 26, 2011, 10:29 AM

The only thing better is the serious responses.... LOL!!!

Sep 26, 2011, 12:40 PM

I understand Sarcasm! I understand that somehow you think you are being funny. I also understand that I may be the only one not laughing. However it is seriously sad that you cant take your family to a ball game and not have to put up with drunks cursing and swearing and acting like well DRUNKS. Its even more sad that you would make fun of someone who sees SIN for what it is.
So whomever toldyou to stop cursing and and like an idiot was probably justiifed.

i may be completely wrong but......

Sep 26, 2011, 12:52 PM

I think even if you followed clemson coaches dabo and morris during
Most games you may hear some cuss words coming from their mouths as well. So does that make them just as bad as the evil sinners in the crowd? Just curious.....

Re: i may be completely wrong but......

Sep 26, 2011, 12:54 PM

And dabo and morris aren't even drinking...well I hope....ps sorry for the above post layout......I'm still hungover...

Re: i may be completely wrong but......

Sep 26, 2011, 3:08 PM [ in reply to i may be completely wrong but...... ]

yes it would

You should probably avoid football from now on

Sep 26, 2011, 3:23 PM

You would be shocked at what you hear in the locker room. Checkers may be more your speed, but be careful, some of the dudes in the nursing home take it pretty seriously.

Please sir, I beg you

Sep 26, 2011, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday ]

remove the stick from your rear end before it is to late. Just reach on up there and give it a tug, I bet you'll feel better and smile a little more.

Re: Please sir, I beg you

Sep 26, 2011, 3:13 PM

You sir are childish and immature and yes if you were near me I would remove the stick and whip you with it like your parents obviously never did. And it is sad that poeple with morals are made fun of becuase some people want to show their ignorance.

Good luck with that

Sep 26, 2011, 3:20 PM

You're going to need a pretty big stick. Also, shouldn't you be turning the other cheek or something like that. I fail to see how threatening violence is all that moral...just a thought.

Your view of morality is distorted.***

Sep 26, 2011, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Please sir, I beg you ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, I wan't at the game

Sep 26, 2011, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I must say, I was horrified by the game yesterday ]

I live in Texas, but I'd have given my left ######## to have been one of the heathens in the stands on Saturday.

Now THAT is a sin.

Sep 26, 2011, 3:22 PM

;)

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2011, 4:26 PM

> I brought my wife and our 4 children to the game,
> expecting a nice, quiet, gentlemanly exhibition of
> collegiate football, and instead I walked into a
> maelstrom of sin and iniquity. First, on my way to
> the stadium, a roguish fellow offered me an adult
> beverage. It will be a cold day in you know where
> before my lips touch the devils spittle. I quickly
> ushered my children away from this brute and into the
> safety of the stadium. To my horror, there were
> young women covered in paint, and often times barely
> clothed. I have never seen so many throats and
> ankles in my life, my poor heart could barely
> withstand the strain. When the game began the noise
> level was completely unacceptable, and the people in
> front of me refused to take their seats, and insisted
> on standing for the entire contest. Then I began
> hearing all different manner of swear words. My poor
> children were drowning in a sea of sin. I was
> pleasantly surprised by the fans seeming camaraderie
> in joining in with the oppositions chant, but then,
> to my surprise, I noticed the orange clad gentlemen
> were extending their middle fingers. Needless to say
> I hustled my clan out of the stadium after the first
> quarter and drove them directly to church. Now I
> find out the atrocious acts of vandalism may have
> befallen the sacred aluminum bleachers. I'm going
> back to Bob Jones, and never coming to Clemson again.

I'm not sure what world you are living in. I do not agree when people are too drunk & get out of control however the overall experience of attending a Clemson game is amazing. The cheering & excitement is fantastic & that's what college football is all about! Checkers may be your game where no one says a word.

Please pay better attention in class

Sep 26, 2011, 4:57 PM

If you don't go to school, please read up on sarcasm.

Ah, let it go. These guys need a meter check.

Sep 26, 2011, 4:58 PM

Perhaps a recalibration is in order. Come to think of it they might not have a meter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry

Sep 26, 2011, 5:01 PM

each reply bumps me back to the top...not that I'm trolling for thumbs up or anything silly like that....

It is rather surprising to see folks...

Sep 26, 2011, 7:31 PM

...who don't understand "tongue-n-cheek" or sarcasm. Their sense of humor must be dryer than Al Gore.

In what conference does Bob Jones play?

Sep 26, 2011, 7:26 PM

Are they joining the ACC now?

They just play with each other***

Sep 26, 2011, 7:28 PM

Re: In what conference does Bob Jones play?

Sep 26, 2011, 7:31 PM [ in reply to In what conference does Bob Jones play? ]

Bob Jones played in the Southern Conference for Clemson a long time ago, and the coached for Frank Howard. That other "Bob Jones" I don't know about, other than his girl students loved to escape to Clemson in the late 60's...

Re: In what conference does Bob Jones play?

Sep 26, 2011, 7:36 PM

This thread just shows how many idiots post on this site. Great work by drew.

Sep 26, 2011, 7:46 PM

I bet your wife cheats on you....get a life

I bet your wife

Sep 26, 2011, 9:32 PM

Is disappointed in your reading comprehension

Point for "devils spittle"...classic!!

Sep 26, 2011, 7:52 PM

It is satire...look into it people!!