Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Truth... if you want it...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

The Truth... if you want it...

Sep 11, 2011, 6:49 PM

OK... Last year wa unnacceptable. Dabo is absolutely on the hotseat. He has to win this year, period. I get it. I agree with it. Things had to change this year, or he's gone...

So, I thought he made some excellent hires in the offseason. You guys don't have to believe me, but Morris was an unbelievable hire. Not only did he made some hires, but he has taken his hand out of the offense and playcalling. Again, good move. So that's where we are. Dabo has to win, and if he doesn't, he should be gone.

So let's look at the first two games:

1. We are playing an unbelievable amount of true and red-shirt freshmen. There is not doubt they have a learning curve.

2. Since halftime of Troy, our offense has been pretty dang good. Both Troy and Wofford sold out to stop the run, and for 6 quarters, Boyd made them pay. If our defense can get Wofford off the field, we score 50.

3. Under Dabo, Steele hss seemed to be the bright spot in the past. Even you guys who ride Dabo have been pleased with Steele in the past. Defensively, we have not played well for two games. No question about it, we have to improve. If we get Wofford off the field, it is ugly in a hurry.

4. Speaking of defense... we shut Troy down in the 2nd half. We come out against Wofford, and have no answer. We are also playing alot of young guys, against a scheme that you have to be very disciplined. I think you combine the mistakes that young guys make against an unorthodox style with the fact that Steele IS NOT going to play GT that way, and didn't want to show them anything different scheme wise.

5. If you are going nuts about playing Wofford so close, you need to realize that was on the defense. The same defense that, most of you, have not had a problem with the last few years under Dabo. For the last 6 quarters, Morris and the offense have shined.

You are absolutely right in that Dabo has to win this year. Last year was unnacceptable. But if you are all over him right now, it's just because you flat out don't like him. It's not based on what you've seen on the field...

That's the truth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Good post!***

Sep 11, 2011, 6:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gasp!

Sep 11, 2011, 6:55 PM

I like your thinking.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: The Truth... if you want it...

Sep 11, 2011, 6:57 PM

good post, york.and as recent history has shown,steele will fix the defense.i still feel that we are an 8-4 team,hopefully 9-3.and the future looks bright.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have bet money we'd have a half-dozen turnovers

Sep 11, 2011, 6:58 PM

by now with all the new Freshman offensive players. Maybe this is finding a pearl in a mountain of rotten oysters, but that's dang impressive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many penalties have we had, too?***

Sep 11, 2011, 7:01 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Total? or Off? Def?***

Sep 11, 2011, 7:05 PM

Total***

Sep 11, 2011, 7:11 PM

2 for 10yds in game 1, 3 for 44 in game 2

Sep 11, 2011, 7:17 PM [ in reply to How many penalties have we had, too?*** ]

Game 1:
5 yard illegal procedure
5 yard false start on Phillip Price

Game 2:
15 yard personal foul
14 yard personal foul
15 yard personal foul

I know one of those personal fouls were for a facemask (which was more like ripping off a helmet than a facemask)

the end of your post

Sep 11, 2011, 7:43 PM

the face mask was one of the dumbest most unnecessary penalties I've seen. they took the guy out hopefully for a long time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would have bet money we'd have a half-dozen turnovers

Sep 11, 2011, 8:31 PM [ in reply to I would have bet money we'd have a half-dozen turnovers ]

Ixnay on the turnovers-ay. Don't jinx it!!!! ;)

Also, great post by york_tiger. I'm a little panicky, but I think we're better than we're letting on. If our defense plays just okay, we should probably win more games than last year. I think we'll have a defense that's better than just okay by mid-season, though. Steele will get it done.

GO TIGERS!!!!

My problem with Dabo right now is he acts like it was 2

Sep 11, 2011, 6:59 PM

great wins. Does he really believe that? I have been a 100% Dabo supporter from the beginning and have not wavered, but he acts like the way we have played is acceptable. I have not seen any fire or toughness in the first two games from the Tigers, and Dabo is not calling it out.

Re: My problem with Dabo right now is he acts like it was 2

Sep 11, 2011, 7:02 PM

It is called projecting confidence and is something many great leaders do. Praise in public, deal with the problems in private.

Is this my nephew that lives in Columbus?***

Sep 11, 2011, 7:03 PM

thanks for the education. i personally don't give a sh!t

Sep 11, 2011, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: My problem with Dabo right now is he acts like it was 2 ]

what you call it. it ain't working!

ohhh my, far far more great coaches do it differently. and

Sep 11, 2011, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: My problem with Dabo right now is he acts like it was 2 ]

you assume he is hard on them in private. from what i have seen and heard that is a false assumption

I disagree

Sep 11, 2011, 7:06 PM [ in reply to My problem with Dabo right now is he acts like it was 2 ]

In his interview he flat out said we had a ways to go.

buried in a lot of other mumbo jumbo and its also not

Sep 11, 2011, 9:18 PM

what you say but how you say it. dabo is a wet rag, no fire, no passion, which is what he was hired for.

Re: buried in a lot of other mumbo jumbo and its also not

Sep 12, 2011, 1:15 AM

it's faithless fans like yourself that are the problem not the coaching..........why don't you go dress in some garnet and black if you wanna follow a bandwagon coach

look sport, i want a winner, like when i was at clemson

Sep 12, 2011, 1:22 AM

during the 80s, we're losing because of coaching and it's been going on for 20 years because of weenie fans like you that accept mediocrity. i'm not a band wagon anything. i'm a proud alum that demands excellence and integrity in athletics and academics. my loyalty is to clemson, not dabo nor barker. no problem was ever solved by those accepting the status quo. when did you graduate?

Dude, if you don't see fire and passion from Dabo, you

Sep 12, 2011, 10:21 AM

wouldn't recognize fire if someone stuck a blowtorch in your face.
Dabo exudes passion. It's positive passion and fire, not a hell and brimstone anger that we aren't playing perfectly.

We're all tired of not winning titles, but at least get your reasons straight for not liking a guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My problem with Dabo right now is he acts like it was 2

Sep 12, 2011, 8:41 AM [ in reply to My problem with Dabo right now is he acts like it was 2 ]

Not true. Dabo has said in both games a win is a win, but we have to play much better. He said we have to play better than we did saturday. We have to improve, OLine has to get tougher.

I don't take it as he thinks he has a team of world beaters.

He stated this team has tons of potential and in some areas is getting better. He also said we had numerous mistakes that need correcting.

I don't see what the big deal is. When you take kids that were playing in high school last year at this time and put them in front of 80k fan and under media microscopes, mistakes happen. In college it is not enough to win anymore...you've got to win with style points. That is sad.

This team will be fine.

He's a positive person...

Sep 12, 2011, 9:40 AM [ in reply to My problem with Dabo right now is he acts like it was 2 ]

that's who he is. I have no idea why any fan would think that they should be entitled to a coach with an attitude equally negative to their own, or why they would think that a generally positive optimistic person would be more effective by being something he's not.

Given that neither of our coordinators seem to be holding back, I have no idea why people have it in their heads that Dabo can only be effective by being something that he's not.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2011, 7:04 PM

excellent post. one caveat though we went to the acccg in his first full season with billy napier as the oc. and last with out playmakers on the field at the same time it fsu a last second field goal to beat us. if he's on the hot seat in your opinion your opinion sucks. dabo is handling his business and we will and are alright with his direction.

Post of the week. Everyone needs to read this.***

Sep 11, 2011, 7:04 PM

I agree with you 100%.

Sep 11, 2011, 7:09 PM

I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I think this could be a very good team at the end of the season. But I'd rather see that transition come sooner rather than later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I CAN handle the truth!!!! Great post.

Sep 11, 2011, 7:14 PM

agree 100%. I liked Dabo's post game comments. I liked Steele's post game comments. They recognize the problems, but are staying positive. I think that is what you have to do, especially with a young team. I continue to be optimistic.

AND I think if the fans will be as optimistic as the coaches and as supportive as Clemson fans can be, our future is very bright.

Stay positive!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

So if we get wasted next Saturday then yall are cool with it

Sep 11, 2011, 7:16 PM

Am I right? Ive got a different mind set...maybe im old school. You see Im from the era where we didnt lose games all the time and we didnt get pushed around by the likes of troy and wofford. As a matter of fact most teams feared coming to Death Valley. All that is gone now and it ticks me off. It took a long time for it to happen and there is absolutely nothing that Im seeing that will change things. I want a devastating defense...like we use to have and I want a offense that grinds it out and punches it in the end zone much like Bama has. You see thats what wins ball games. Finesse never has won anything. Again maybe its because im old school and you don't know what im talking about but I assure you that what im talking about doesnt exist around here anymore.

Do you even read you own post... or mine?

Sep 11, 2011, 7:19 PM

Who has lost a game? I said Dabo has to win this year. He doesn't have to go undefeated... but he has to win.

I love the ole..." I want an old school offense"....

165 rushing yards by AE and 500 total isn't enough for you

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

how did you live through the Tommy West years?

Sep 11, 2011, 7:20 PM [ in reply to So if we get wasted next Saturday then yall are cool with it ]

were you suicidal?

For me indifferent would be a better word.

Sep 11, 2011, 7:27 PM

I'd rather not have that feeling about Clemson football again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how did you live through the Tommy West years?

Sep 12, 2011, 1:20 AM [ in reply to how did you live through the Tommy West years? ]

seriously......those were freaking horrible

as a lifelong Clemson fan.... that was probably not far off

Sep 12, 2011, 9:35 AM [ in reply to how did you live through the Tommy West years? ]

They keep score for a reason.

Hey, old school

Sep 11, 2011, 7:33 PM [ in reply to So if we get wasted next Saturday then yall are cool with it ]

Do you remember how bad Clemson was in the 60s, and in the early 70s? If you do, then you are old school AND you should know how much better things are now.

We look pretty good lately. When I attended Clemson, we won about 40% of our games, and had one terrible season: 2-9, followed by a 3-6-2 season. I attended every home game and cheered for my team from start to finish AND never left early, as did most Clemson fans. Those were old school days.

Clemson is a far superior team today and has every reason to expect a very bright future. Be patient. Keep being positive. Keep cheering. Be optimistic. Be supportive. Good things are coming.

I remember when we went undefeated at home one year

Sep 11, 2011, 7:59 PM

and Pepsi-cola came out with a commemorative bottle.

THAT'S sadness defined.

The year that I attended my 1st two games. I was 12

Sep 11, 2011, 8:19 PM

at the time. It was magical. My Sister and I spread a blanket out on the hill and had a picnic/tailgate right there. May have been 30,000 people there. Been a fan ever since.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1974 - I have a 6-pack of those bottles (somewhere)!***

Sep 11, 2011, 8:23 PM [ in reply to I remember when we went undefeated at home one year ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: So if we get wasted next Saturday then yall are cool with it

Sep 12, 2011, 1:18 AM [ in reply to So if we get wasted next Saturday then yall are cool with it ]

do you think anyone else wants less.........gimme gimme gimme,........why don't you be patient and maybe it'll happen....he made changes.......let them come to fruition. Hate to see you on Christmas morning.

Re: So if we get wasted next Saturday then yall are cool with it

Sep 12, 2011, 10:51 PM [ in reply to So if we get wasted next Saturday then yall are cool with it ]

I dont think school has anything to do with it. You are just old and crotchety!!!! jerk

Agree with most of what you say....but

Sep 11, 2011, 7:25 PM

CDS has not completely taken his hand out of the offense. It was his decision (Chad confirmed it) to fake the field goal attempt. Probably one of top 5 stupidest decisions I have ever seen. He needs to stay out of it completely if that's the best contribution he can make. But that's just my opinion.

We'll be fine defensively...that I'm sure of. We were very shorthanded in the secondary yesterday and it showed. We'll be back to full strength, I hope, against AU, and that should show as well.

And you are definitely right about the some people just not liking Dabo part. Some people invest so much time and wasteful energy into their arguments that it's impossible for them to back off of them for any reason. Internet ego I guess. I doubt a MNC would change some of the closed minds we have around here.

And you're right. Dabo and Co. need to win now, or at least show tremendous strides towards doing so. I'm not expecting a title this year at all. My expectations, I think, are pretty reasonable. I just don't want to see the train wreck that we had last year. We're should be MUCH better than that by now. There is NO excuse for it.

Re: Agree with most of what you say....but

Sep 11, 2011, 7:48 PM

technically a fake field goal is a special teams decision and the HEAD coach SHOULD make that decision. I don't agree with running it at that point, but it is definitely the head coach's call.

While that may be true...at least technically

Sep 11, 2011, 8:01 PM

You just helped me prove my point. Dabo has no business in those decisions. He's a great recruiter and, I do believe, CAN become a good head coach. He just needs to stick with what he knows best. And that's management. Let the coaches do their jobs and stay the hell out of it on game day.

Seems to me we won a national championship some years ago with that philosophy.

As inexp'd as Dabo is, he's still far more exp than Morris***

Sep 11, 2011, 8:26 PM

Not at being a head coach. As a matter of fact. I think

Sep 11, 2011, 11:02 PM

Morris is the only coach on this staff that ever won a championship as a head coach.

lol high schol ain't college, get real***

Sep 12, 2011, 12:58 AM

You are clearly confused. The head coach is the person that

Sep 11, 2011, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Agree with most of what you say....but ]

always decides if you go for it on forth, if you punt or kick a field goal, if you kick the extra point or go for two, etc. Those are game changing, season changing, career changing type executive decisions.

I agree totally Dabo needs to stay out of the offense, but you are football ignorant if you think the OC makes executive decisions.

Nobody on TNET dislikes Dabo personally. We do, however, hate that he was hired as our HC. The folks that blindly support Dabo are the ones being blinded by their emotions. Dabo was a huge gamble, a fiscal and emotional hire. Anyone looking at this rationally and objectively knows there was not a single tangible reason to hire Dabo, and so far he has done nothing on the field to show show his hire was a good one. Other than recruiting, his off field performance has been poor as well.

Re: You are clearly confused. The head coach is the person that

Sep 11, 2011, 8:28 PM

what has he done off-field to quantify that statement?

every time he opens his mouth he says stupid thing. other

Sep 11, 2011, 9:01 PM

than recruiting he has not been great off the field. not that it matters, jobs are earned on the field, and there he is clearly failing.

Re: every time he opens his mouth he says stupid thing. other

Sep 12, 2011, 1:30 AM

would you prefer he dress in pads and play,....it's the players not executing that creates a loss..........he could scream for days at the players and say hey........do this, or you don't play.......what exactly do you want dude.........it's so hard to read your ignorant advice regarding coaching. Please keep your negative bandwagon as far away from game days as possible, because our team needs support not a fan that wish's for Nick Saban or Steve Spurrier to come save the day.

You know, I actually considered debating you on this...

Sep 11, 2011, 8:56 PM [ in reply to You are clearly confused. The head coach is the person that ]

and then I noticed who it was I would be debating. You personify exactly what I and the original poster illustrated, and you do so continuously. I'll defer to people who have nothing better to do with their time. Hope you have a great evening.

Nothing to debate, the HC makes those decisions. Period.

Sep 11, 2011, 9:04 PM

And there are more idiot pumpers on here posting away than anything and my detractors spend far more time on TNET than I do.

Re: You are clearly confused. The head coach is the person that

Sep 12, 2011, 8:51 AM [ in reply to You are clearly confused. The head coach is the person that ]

And anyone that continues to ##### and moan when you have what you have is the most ardent definition of insanity out there.

He is the head coach. To continue to hate that hire means you cannot grasp reality.

You are the one that needs to "get real."

Dabo is the HC. If he loses next week, he will still be the HC. No amount of bitching and moaning you do will change that.

So, this is the hand you are dealt. You can cry about it, or you can support the team and coaches and enjoy the success when it happens, whether it is this year, next year, or thereafter. Dabo is a much, much better hire IMO than Hatfield, West, or Bowden.

Because many believe in the team, coaches, and potential, that is not blindly following. He is making the right moves, hired excellent coaches, recruiting well, players graduate, don't get into trouble, and is building something special.

If you could design a program and hand pick your HC, sure you wouldn't have picked Dabo. However, that's not your decision, and furthermore that decision has been made. Given the facts, I am pleased with where we are.

Going back and wishing for a different outcome is not productive.

Re: Agree with most of what you say....but

Sep 12, 2011, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Agree with most of what you say....but ]

Hey #######, going for 4th downs and fakes and 2 pt convos is the HEAD COACH'S DECISION. No offensive coordinator makes those calls. Moron.

I sure hope you're right york_tiger; and I wish I were as

Sep 11, 2011, 8:10 PM

confident.

I like Dabo a lot, and have defended him every step of the way. I want him to succeed very badly, because I think he's a great guy that is trying to do it the right way. I don't think I'm "all over him", but my criticisms are simply observations based entirely on what I've seen on the field.

I'm very concerned by what I've seen so far. It looked to me, that both Wofford and Troy were better prepared for us than we were them. I'm very disappointed by that. Even though I know we got burned on several occasions when we had freshmen out of place on defense, I'm not sure that our inexperience is entirely the root of our problems thus far.

We'll find out a lot next Sattidy, and I hope that sick feeling in my gut is wiped out with a victory. Here's to hoping you are right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

there are positives and negatives.

Sep 11, 2011, 8:24 PM

Negatives: OLine. DLine. LBs.

Positives: Tajh, Rookies, Ellington, TOs, we're 2-0!

Despite our OL play, Tajh is getting better. Sammy Watkins is the real deal! We have a ton of options on offense!

Let the freshmen LBs play more!!!

Sep 11, 2011, 8:29 PM

a lot of yall need to calm down, things will start clicking in the next couple of weeks. vt could beat every team in the country last year, but i believe they started off 0-2 and lost to james madison. yall have the talent and will not take any games lightly bc of that scare saturday.

They lost to JM because they were still upset they gave away

Sep 11, 2011, 9:11 PM

the Boise game. Classic case of letting a team beat you twice. A rare thing for Beamer coached teams.

OK York ............

Sep 11, 2011, 8:59 PM

There is some truth to what you wrote, but a lot of convenient omissions as well.

1. Yes, we are starting a lot of freshmen, but a. that is a coach's decision. There are older players with experience on the team that could start. b. Every team has youth, that is a part of the game now. Every team now plays more freshmen. c. No team in the country has more youth and new starters than Auburn. The consensus was their season would be successful if they simply had a winning record this year, yet in their first game they upset a Top 20 conference team. d. Maryland doesn't have anywhere near our level of talent, yet with a new coaching staff and a freshman QB on national TV they came out and looked very impressive.

2. We have a senior dominated veteran OL. Yet we couldn't do anything on the ground. I don't care if Troy and Wofford sold out to stop the run, by the 3rd and 4th quarter our superior talent and depth should easily have imposed their will on both of those teams. Additionally, we threw quite a bit, thus they had to adjust, which they did, but we still couldn't run. The reality is, most of our scores came from big plays due to superior talent because even throwing we couldn't sustain long drives.

3. If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. Our "D" sucked in both games. And being thin at DB is no excuse because a. we still have superior talent, and b. Wofford ran on us at will often.

4. Simply a bunch of BS excuses.

5. Again, BS, and our offense has not shined at all. Minus a few big plays thanks to our far superior talent, not coaching, a few big plays kept us from being 0-2. That is not shinning when playing he Sunbelt Conference.

6. Your supposition that Dabo made great hires is purely opinion. Chad Morris was a huge gamble as a hire. The others were good hires based on resume and reputation, but football is a team sport that relies heavily n chemistry and as Dabo lovers are quick to use as a defense, there is no guarantee a proven commodity will do as well at every stop. And as you Dabo lovers love to say, let's wait till the season is over before judging these hires. Right now they aren't looking very impressive.

7. From what I've seen, the more freshmen we play, the bette

Sep 11, 2011, 9:08 PM

before this coaching staff screws them up. TB nor Dabo have shown any ability to consistently develop talent and our younger players play with more heart and look tougher than our veterans that have been coddled.

Think the fact Miami was missing 12 players helped MD?

Sep 11, 2011, 9:13 PM [ in reply to OK York ............ ]

I think saying maryland did a great job with a freshman is BS. Miami was missing alot of key players and MD was at home.

Mia still had far superior talent. MD has been terrible for

Sep 11, 2011, 9:21 PM

several years now. Their record improved last year but if you looked at who they beat and the scores you realize that record was incredibly deceptive.

Marylands qb Is not a freshman and Miss st was not au's

Sep 12, 2011, 5:56 AM [ in reply to OK York ............ ]

First game. Remember, that was Utah state (gasp).

Re: OK York ............

Sep 12, 2011, 10:54 PM [ in reply to OK York ............ ]

Yeah Auburn is a great team...what they are is a couple of plays from being 0-2. how is there defense playing? we might not win sat but i'm not going to be chicken little ..the sky is falling

Re: OK York ............

Sep 12, 2011, 11:01 PM [ in reply to OK York ............ ]

The truth is ...nobody knows just yet. we could be terrible. usc could the NC but i would rather be CLEMSON. My son's team lost last week 52-0 but i cheered til i was hoarse the whole time. step up or shut up!

God this reminds me of 1998-2008***

Sep 11, 2011, 9:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The young guy excuse is waaaay overblown. This post

Sep 11, 2011, 10:15 PM

is more sunshine pumping and excuses and only the truth in your eyes. Our OL are all veterans. Our DL is all veterans. Our LBs are all in their 2nd and 3rd yr in the system. Same with DB's. We are starting two freshmen at WR, thats about the extent of youth at starter. "The Chad" was a terrible hire. All he does is talk a good game, no results. Dabo managed to find the one OC that was more inexperienced than himself. When you struggle and get outplayed in the trenches by a sunbelt and socon team then you are crap. Auburn, FSU, and VT must be licking their chops right about now. Its going to get ugly, and real quick too.

Sep 12, 2011, 1:05 AM

The Truth..Dabo's not on the hot seat. The Orange Experience tells me so.

Sep 12, 2011, 1:09 AM

well stated!

Sep 12, 2011, 3:01 AM

wow i give yall a compliment and get a thumbs down. you want the truth you cant handle the truth.

I like Dabo but here is the reason I'm not

Sep 12, 2011, 3:26 AM

feeling all warm and fuzzy about him right now. After last year HE wa the one that talked all off season about changes being made and getting tougher. The most veteran group on the team looks soft and worse than last year. Difeerence so far this year- playmakers like Watkins, Ellington and others. So far I like Morris but sooner or later when we play teams with better talent, we can't depend on Ellington, Watkins and others to rip those plays off. We are going to have to grind it out and play solid D. Two things that I'm yet to see.

Sep 12, 2011, 5:02 AM

We will take it to Auburn. 38-27

Sep 12, 2011, 8:12 AM

Good post!!!

I think the D will be fine

Sep 12, 2011, 9:35 AM

And I am pleased with where we are overall with the offense. My problem, and the problem we continue to see is a lack of toughness on the entire team. The OL plays like a bunch of Middle Schoolers out there who are afraid they might mess up their nails. The D is also playing soft, cant wrap up and drive someone into the ground. This is a program problem, started with Bowden and has continued with Dabo. We are not a physical team and every year we drop 2-3 games because we lack toughness.

But it's not the WHOLE truth.

Sep 12, 2011, 9:53 AM

The WHOLE truth is that, even with all that, Dabo Swinney made a terrible decision in the fourth quarter of a close game for the second week in a row. The fake field goal is indefensible in that scenario - no matter what Coaches Swinney and Morris say. We are fortunate, for the second week in a row, that baffling in-game decisions by our head coach did not come back to bite us.

Re: But it's not the WHOLE truth.

Sep 12, 2011, 8:23 PM

Absolutely, tomerafan. Given a chance to go up by 11 and also allow our kicker to close out the game on a positive note going into Auburn, taking the 3 was a no-brainer. Would have totally altered the last several minutes of the game; possibly a 10+ point swing had Wofford had to go to the air at that point. Could not believe what I was seeing!

The Defense has allowed...

Sep 12, 2011, 2:58 PM

a total of 9 points in the second half of the first two games.
We'll see how we do Satdy. I BELIEVE our Tigers will WIN.

yeah, and Coots, your D sux(giving it up @ 40.5/game...)

Real Truth is.......

Sep 12, 2011, 5:06 PM

We as fans are not pleased at being 2-0 and playing like crap and coaching like crap. If it is true that a team plays the way it practices, this must be why practice is closed. I had expected to be 2-0 and playing better and better as each quarter passed.

Sep 12, 2011, 9:54 PM

Truth is... we have alot to be worried about. The truth also is... were 2-0 right now... if we beat Auburn by 8 like we did Wofford .. everyone will be happy. Lets hope thats what happens.

GO TIGERS!!

Sep 12, 2011, 10:38 PM

Dabo is not going anywhere. We knew he was inexperienced when we hired him and that we would experience some growing pains. These are the pains. What did you really expect from an assistant from the same underperforming staff we complained of for so long. He has at least 2 more years to see how his great recruiting classes pan out.

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic