Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Meeting Tajh Boyd at Relay for Life (long post)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,896

Meeting Tajh Boyd at Relay for Life (long post)

Jun 11, 2011, 4:36 PM

One of the things in my life I'm most proud of is that I'm a cancer survivor. I won the fight when I was just 15 and have been in remission ever since. And every Spring for the last nine years, I've taken part in the American Cancer Society's annual Relay for Life event.

For the past six, I've attended the one held in Clemson University, which always winds up being spectacular. This year, the event was, very sadly, cut short because of terrible weather around midnight. But the beginning of the event still made the entire evening worth it!

One of the several things I give Dabo tons of credit for is that ever since he became the head coach, he's made sure that the football team has participated at each Relay for Life. The team, along with several of its coaches, show up around the start of the event in their orange jerseys. They only have time to walk a few laps before they have to head off again. Still, everybody applauds them as they go by. And Chad Morris was playing with his kid, as well (looks like a great family man).

I met Tajh at the survivors' tent. He was speaking to "The Judge," and it sounded like he was getting some valuable advice about leadership. I said, "I don't mean to interrupt ya'll, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck this season and thank ya'll for coming to this. I'm a survivor, and it means a lot to us." Tajh and
Jeff Davis both asked me about my ordeal with cancer, and what happened next really stuck with me. Tajh thanked me and the survivors for welcoming the football team to take part in the Relay. I was really impressed by how humble, courteous, and personable the new leader of our football team seems to be.

I could tell after just fives minutes of conversation that he's the sort of guy we want at the helm. We talked about the Relay and how excited we both are for the upcoming season. And when the '11 season came up, he never said "me" or "I"--always "we." Good team mentality.

Like most of you, results are my main concern. I'm yearning for a 10+ win season and ACC title as much as any other diehard Tiger. But character is very important to me, as well, and if those five minutes are a reflection of Tajh Boyd as a whole, then we can take a lot of pride in the fact that he's our starting QB. I truly hope he winds up blowing everybody away and taking his place alongside Clemson's greats.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Meeting Tajh Boyd at Relay for Life (long post)

Jun 11, 2011, 5:01 PM

thanks for sharing and congratulations on your victory as well

Re: Meeting Tajh Boyd at Relay for Life (long post)

Jun 11, 2011, 5:48 PM

First I want to applaud your recovery and your dedication to the cause. That's very admirable for someone so young. Also, thanks for the insight as to Tajh's attitude. I can't agree with you more about character being a major factor for leadership and especially at QB. Hopefully it returns results on the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post

Jun 11, 2011, 6:03 PM

That's really good news on your recovery and it's obvious that Clemson shows class in its players and fans.

congratulations on your recovery and thank

Jun 11, 2011, 6:12 PM

You for your post. I am hard on the coaches but I so want Boyd to light up some defenses this season. He seems like a true leader and a class act.

And the Judge, I've met him years ago and was enthralled how humble and classy he was.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,896
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic