Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe Craig
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Joe Craig

Jun 3, 2011, 3:10 PM

I was not there. I did not see it happen. Here is my opinion.

IF the report is true and the following took place:

1) HE went to a FEMALE's apartment....late at night.
2) HE repeatedly banged on her door with an object....late at night.
3) HE was accompanied by another female, which I can assume was for instigation purposes....late at night.
4) HE HIT A FEMALE....MORE THAN ONCE....AS SHE WAS ON THE FLOOR....late at night.

Then he needs to be dismissed from Clemson University. I realize that mistakes are made. I realize that he has not been in trouble before. I know that she cut him with a razor. However...she did not cut him outside of HIS dorm/apartment. She did not pursue him. Therefore, you cannot lift your figure at a woman.

I DO believe there are times you can strike a woman (i.e. - a female has a gun/knife on your kids, yourself, or your family; OR is criminally harming others).

BUT - this is different. You showed up at her door in what appears to be a hostile manner. You then assume responsibility....

Its like the guys that robbed the restaurant in the Spartanburg/Gaffney area recently twice in the same week. This first time they got away...the second time they got shot - and the news had the family of the perps on camera demanding "JUSTICE".....Don't work that way.

Hate to see things like this happen to young adults - but enough is enough. The only way to solve social issues is to do the right thing when it comes to punishments for actions.

GO TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My question is why do players who have no business even

Jun 3, 2011, 3:21 PM

taking up a schollie ever get in fights and kicked off the team.

When is Darrell Smith and Drew Traylor and some of these other walk-ons gonna throw down to open up some more schollies?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You cannot blame a kid for "taking up a schollie"...

Jun 3, 2011, 3:28 PM

Only those that offer. I would have accepted as would anyone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was just saying I'd rather guys who are taking up room

Jun 3, 2011, 3:30 PM

and don't have a chance at playing get in fights than possible contributors.

Maybe they value their schollie a little more

Jun 3, 2011, 4:59 PM

and don't want to lose it by doing something stupid.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

By Craig

Jun 3, 2011, 3:27 PM

It's not like we are hurting for Wr's and even if we were that kind of behavior is not tolorated at Clemson. Maybe in cootville you would get another chance or 6 but not here.

Not hurting for WR's? What planet do you live on?

Jun 3, 2011, 4:01 PM

We have one reveiver who has done anything n the college level, Nuke Hopkins. I know Watkins, Peake, and Bryant have potential; but didn't we just have a 4 star transfer because he oculdn't get on the field. My point is we don't have crap until they do something on the field.....so we need as many as possible.

Don't worry Dabo PERSONALLY offered Humphries a

Jun 3, 2011, 4:03 PM

scholarship remember? Everyone's talking about Peake from Dorman, well what about Humphries? He's the sleeper.

If Dabo Personally granted him a scholie, then he's the real deal.

Re: Not hurting for WR's? What planet do you live on?

Jun 3, 2011, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Not hurting for WR's? What planet do you live on? ]

They have a little more than potential buddy. Watkins was the #1 WR in the nation per 247 sports.com, Peake was considered the #1 WR in the nation per ESPN. Bryant is 6'5 200lbs and was an Army All-American and high end 4 star. Hopkins is already proven and will be even better this year. I know what you mean by potential but man we got some straight up studs coming in who have more than just potential, they have star potential and we will be fine at the Wr position for years to come.

Roscoe Crosby (First Team USA Today All-American, Parade

Jun 3, 2011, 5:57 PM

All-American, #1 WR in the nation per Rivals), and Kelvin Grant (USA Today All-American, #4 WR per Super Prep, Top 10 WR per Tom Lemming) say hi.

The incoming WR's appear to have tons of potential. It's scary how good they look. I'm super excited about it. If they pan out we will have the best WR's in the country.

But

None of them have played a single down of college football. Nobody knows how good they will actually be. I hope you're right, but I've seen it not pan out too many times before.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Roscoe Crosby (First Team USA Today All-American, Parade

Jun 4, 2011, 1:54 PM

Crosby had too many head problems. Of course, sometimes these don't show up in HS. But you are right that there have been a lot of HS stars that were a bust in college.

Jun 5, 2011, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Not hurting for WR's? What planet do you live on? ]

This is the most delusional post in the history of tigernet, and possibly the entire Internet. You just literally said, "They have more than potential, they have POTENTIAL!" And the best part is that im pretty sure you actually believe it. Man, I'm sure glad my school doesn't have to pin their season on a bunch of high schoolers.

Brandon Clear wasnt a 4 star

Jun 3, 2011, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Not hurting for WR's? What planet do you live on? ]

He was a border line 2/3 star. He had a great attitude but he didnt have any athletic skills at all. Part of the reason he transfered is because he knew what was coming in this year and he would be buried even further on the depth chart.

Jun 3, 2011, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Not hurting for WR's? What planet do you live on? ]

Nearly all publications had Clear listed as a 3 star.

Just had to say

Jun 3, 2011, 3:50 PM

1) HE went to a FEMALE's apartment....late at night.

3) HE was accompanied by another female, which I can assume was for instigation purposes....late at night.

Those aren't necessarily bad things in most cases.

Yeah, he lost his privileges at Clemson for that.

Jun 3, 2011, 4:32 PM

C ya.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Joe Craig

Jun 3, 2011, 5:01 PM

You're right in that we don't know all the facts. But if what you discribed is anywhere close to the truth, he needs to pack his bags.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

If true then 5 more strikes and he's out!***

Jun 3, 2011, 5:04 PM

Re: If true then 5 more strikes and he's out!***

Jun 4, 2011, 9:12 PM

If you are comparing the cases then that's crazy. DUI's, Underage Drinking and what not are nothing to hitting a girl.

Yeah getting behind the wheel of a car while drunk and

Jun 4, 2011, 11:57 PM

putting many lives in danger is nothing like hitting a girl. Are you crazy? They both are horrible! How dare you trivialize DUIs and compare them to underage drinking!

I'll be danged if I can't lift my figure at a woman!

Jun 3, 2011, 5:14 PM

;) I agree with your point, though. If the facts are as they seem...he needs to be gone. Terrible judgment. Inexcusable.

Bye!***

Jun 3, 2011, 5:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of 2008
Go Tigers!

Jun 3, 2011, 5:17 PM

Does anyone else think its a little fishy that this took two weeks to come out and no one pressed charges?

Jun 3, 2011, 6:32 PM

Bottom line,men dont hit women plain and simple.

Jun 3, 2011, 9:22 PM

Ummmm....they do if the woman stabs and slashes the man WITH A RAZOR!!!!

Jun 3, 2011, 9:24 PM

no ####...

thats the truth... some DA would allow a woman to kill him with a razor for "honor's" sake..

I won't hit a chick but I would shake one***

Jun 3, 2011, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Joe Craig ]

Jun 3, 2011, 7:33 PM

I guess Joe couldn't out run that girl. Maybe he couldn't out run a decent corner either.

JK - the guy needs to go. PERIOD. He ain't a CLEMSON man behaving like he did.

Jun 3, 2011, 9:08 PM

I choose to view this with my orange shaded glasses. If Craig gets run by Dabo then he is to light,never proved anything on the field and he's a thug who hits girls. If he doesn't then there is more to the story than we know, he made a mistake learned his lesson,and has a ton of speed and potential. Tiger baseball kicking a##. Woo Hoo!

Jun 3, 2011, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Joe Craig ]

Only 3 people know what happened.
If the police did not file charges he is not guilty
like it or not its the true American Way.
I do not know where it may or may not have occurred, but I do know CPD Chief,PC Sheriff & the 13 Circuit Solicitor
if he could have been charged his ### would have been in jail.
Don't start throwing rocks till you know who to throw the rocks at, yes I love to throw rocks but I like to hit the one needing to be hit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2011, 9:14 PM

just because they did not file charges does not mean that they will not....just saying

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?"

Jun 4, 2011, 8:56 PM

Until they file charges and he is found to be guilty he is not guilty, I did not say he was innocent. Only 3 people know what really happened. No I would never hit a lady, a girl or women in the right situation yes I would be like the power company I would turn her lights off. Anyone who has had the pleasure of doing a combat tour for Uncle Sam knows all about it. Say you would not like to but do not be in a position to say never, you might be the one who has the power turned off..Always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2011, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Joe Craig ]

He didn't get charged because neither of the victims pressed charges. If there is nobody to press charges than there is nothing the police can do. That doesn't mean that nothing illegal happened, it just means that they can't do anything about it. If the girl happened to be his girlfriend then the police (in most states) can file charges under domestic violence. Also you don't have to be found "guilty" in a court to have action taken against you.

Jun 3, 2011, 9:23 PM

fwiw joe hit the beach after she clashed him with an eyebrow razor. Just tbh, I have never hit a women ever, but if a "lady" were to try and kill me with a razor, I would hit the beach too

Jun 4, 2011, 3:07 AM

You said it all...on target, to the main point.

Jun 4, 2011, 9:45 PM

if this was a gamecock player it would be front page news in the greenville press and the the sate newspaper. just like the jet ski incident, it's buried in the classifieds!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic