Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Horrible! Same as Last Year! No Hope! At least 4 L's"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Apr 10, 2011, 12:34 PM

"Don't feel very good about this team!" Etc., etc., etc.

Some folks have already decided this season for us! Yipes why even buy season tickets! It's the 2011 edition of Clemson fans.

Too bad I'm still a 1980's edition of a Clemson fan. You want realistic-depressing crap, etc. go read the political news or economic news. You want excitement, dreams and hopes--be a true Tiger fan and dream big and think good karma for these Tigers! Yes there is a LONG WAY to go and I am willing to give the coaches the time over the season to put this team together. If Chad Morris put 60% of the O in over the short time he has been here I can't wait to see it when it is completely in and fine-tuned. Positive defeats negative anytimein my book! I can't wait for the season. There is nowhere better to be than in Clemson's Death Valley on a football Saturday with big hopes and dreams for my team! But that's just an old 1980's edition of a Tiger fan talking, so take it as you will.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep! They might as well not have fall practice. Why go

Apr 10, 2011, 12:43 PM

through the trouble, if they suck so bad.

I'm with you AThomas®. Can September get here quick enough?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I agree also

Apr 10, 2011, 12:49 PM

dreams aren't achieved through pessimism and negativity

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really believe

Apr 10, 2011, 1:20 PM

you can't tell very much playing yourself. you see a few obvious things to correct but as far as how good you'll be that only can be determined playing other teams. I think even coaches strugglwith that to some degree

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Horrible! Same as Last Year! No Hope! At least 4 L's"

Apr 10, 2011, 1:29 PM

I agree 100%. Something tells me we have seen less than 80% of the 60% and the next 40% will be the plays that beat teams

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you divide your team to play against each other

Apr 10, 2011, 2:12 PM

and they know each others plays, AND you have less than half of what you are going to do,you will not look great.
How many teams can say they have great Spring Games???

Apr 10, 2011, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: "Horrible! Same as Last Year! No Hope! At least 4 L's" ]

Yeah and 60% of the time it works every time.

I don't think you can tell one way or the other...

Apr 10, 2011, 2:53 PM

Spring games are so tightly controlled and we don't even have our whole team. Plus the OC's only been here for a couple months...

I don't think you can say this is a bad team or this is a great team. Nobody really knows yet.

Apr 10, 2011, 3:46 PM

A 1960's edition of a TIGER agrees with you 100%. I wish I was as successful as most of the youngsters who post here seem to be.

Apr 11, 2011, 7:15 AM

I am right there with ya posted this earlier:

If anyone really believes that the the spring game is a tell tell sign of our season then we may as well throw in the towel now we have no chance to beat Troy let alone have a successful season.

I for one was pleased with the QB overall. With us playing split squads on the offensive lines the protection was not the greatest in the world yet our turnovers were minimal and our QB's played with great poise considering the pressure. All of you that doubt Tajh, like I have said in previous posts he hears the doubters and he feeds off it. This young man is a winner and a leader and when this season is over you will not have any memories of last year.

The running backs were impressive and I have all the confidence in the world that by game time we will be 4 deep at running back. I know the coach, a proven winner at everything he has taken on, and already he has all of the RB's playing with a sense of urgency.

Now where the games are ultimately won and loss. THE OL and THE DL. Both showed flashes of dominance but we have to acquire depth at these positions. The starting 4 on defense is formidable, the starting 5 on offense it has the looks to be very good. The big concern is with the pace our offense is rolling at we have to have someone to spell someone else here and there just to overcome fatigue. Talking with Coach Caldwell he is sure we got the talent to develop depth and he assures me some will step up come Sept.

My Evaluation:

Offensively: we are going to be very difficult to stop and should be able to score. We have plenty of weapons and capable players at every position. It is going to be very fun and remember relatively young!

Defensively: We are going to be very fast and very young. The first 2 games will be perfect to get a feel with all the new starters to mainly get over the adrenaline and be able to play football. I feel like we will go thru some growing pains especially early with our schedule but by the end of the season we will be very good. If we can stay injury free early and develop depth this team could be very very good.

I for one cant wait for the season to start and I know an ACC Championship is there for our guys to go get it, Hard Work = Champions.

GO Tigers!!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic