Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ca Tigerman®
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Ca Tigerman®

Feb 21, 2011, 9:33 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=944881&tstart=0

http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?userID=10

First , let me say , if you have never met Ca Tigerman®, you missed an opportunity of a lifetime. What a genuine man and friend. If you “met” him on TigerNet back in the early days or met him in person...probably at homecoming, it is a meeting you will always remember. You or your child may have gotten a $2 bill with the paw or you may have gotten a hug or handshake from him. He always had on his Orange blazer. But one thing for sure, you got the opportunity to meet the biggest Orange heart in the world.

Mr. Frank is the perfect example of a Clemson Gentleman. In him you will find a man that loves his family and loves Clemson with all his heart. He loves and believed in TigerNet from the very beginning. You will find a man that has done so many things for Clemson that go unnoticed. He does not want the pats on the back, he just wants what is good for Clemson.

He is a charter member of TigerNet and loves this place. He loves chicken week during football season. All of us in Tiger Active Chat knew when it was near. He would post the “falling chickens” and other anti coot pictures. Due to his health, he does not get to visit often. Just this past season, we missed him and knew the week would not be complete without him. I gave him a call and he was not feeling well, but he made his appearance in chat later that week. The week was complete.

In 2006, he was awarded Clemson’s Alumni Association’s Distinguished Service Award...and was well deserved.

http://www.clemson.edu/clemsonworld/archive/2006/spring06/feature6.htm

Those are only a tip of the iceberg as to what he has meant to Clemson.

Mr. Frank started and maintains an Annual Computer Science Scholarship for TigerNet. Due to some things, we could no longer use TigerNet in the name, so it was changed to Frank Kellers Annual Computer Science Scholarship. Donations from TigerNet members and from proceeds from the TigerNet baseball socials, the scholarship was kept alive and well. A few years ago, the scholarship reached endowment status. What a proud moment that was for him. He was thrilled.

Since reading his post about his health, we could put a big smile on his face now with more donations to this scholarship fund. Not only would it be a living tribute to a fine Clemson man, it also allows TigerNet members help a deserving student each year.

Along with our prayers for Ca Tigerman®, please consider donating. I promise you, he is worth it!

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=5027047

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=5027351

Scholarship donation link:
http://cualumni.clemson.edu/give/frankkellers

I love you, Mr Frank!!! When I grow up, I want to be just like you. ;)

Message was edited by: B-Meist®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ca Tigerman®

Feb 21, 2011, 9:37 PM

What a great post about a great Tiger.

Thanks BD

Feb 21, 2011, 9:45 PM

wonderful Tiger

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2011, 6:54 PM

Is this Judge Kellers Son or Brother or no kin?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He and my dad were classmates at Clemson...

Feb 21, 2011, 9:49 PM

and I have had the pleasure to see him a few times in recent years, mostly when I was working downtown. There are very few people more devoted to Clemson than Frank.

amen. Frank is what ever Clemson friend, fan and alum should

Feb 21, 2011, 11:22 PM

Aspire to be. He'll be miss this weekend at alumni council. But will be here in spirit! Love ya Frank!

Small world...

Feb 22, 2011, 12:07 AM

My family and I took up Geocaching over the Christmas break...and to our surprise the first cache we found had been placed by Mr. Kellers in Rancho San Antonio State Park (Cupertino, CA). Although it was no longer in the cache, the log showed that the original contents included...you guessed it, a Clemson $2 bill! (I left a Clemson-related item to replace it, of course).

Small world, huh?

I also met Mr. Kellers once, at a sports bar while we were watching the Clemson-UGA football game in 2003. Great guy.

Re: Ca Tigerman®- My IPTAY Rep and a class act

Feb 22, 2011, 1:16 AM

Frank is one CU's great ambassadors. The world would be a nicer place if there were more people like him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2011, 8:40 AM

I first "met" Frank on Tigernet but got to know him through the Alumni National Council and IPTAY.

Frank Keller is the epitomy of what every Clemson fan should aspire to. This is a guy who lives in CA but got a SC Clemson license plate in case he ever moved back to SC knowing he was not planning to do so.

I too have a $2 bill Frank gave me many years ago on my refrigerator.

Frank may live in CA but if you walk around campus and speak with the university/athletic dept folks they all know him. Frank is a class act. I can only hope that one day I am as respected as he is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2011, 9:26 AM

I remember when TigerNet started, Mr Frank was always good to chat with, and man, he'd help you out in anyway he could. I think the world of that guy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks for posting***

Feb 22, 2011, 9:29 AM

Thanks! Allowed me to just donate to Ca Tigerman®'s Fund.

Feb 22, 2011, 9:52 AM

Go TIGERS! Go FRANK!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.***

Feb 22, 2011, 10:32 AM

A very special friend of TigerNet

Feb 22, 2011, 10:48 AM

Frank is one of our earliest supporters and one of the few people to visit TigerNet HQ in Clemson House 632, back in 1996. He brought us all some nice baseball caps and 2 dollar bills and I remember going to eat with him at the corner subway. Whenever he was in town, he would stay on the top floor of Clemson House and pop down to see us. It was cool to have someone like Frank interested in our little website.

Thanks Frank.

Re: A very special friend of TigerNet

Feb 22, 2011, 10:56 AM

Ha! I was the front desk staff at Clemson House in my sophomore year and would check Frank into the hotel. I distinctly remember he asked me to check out tigernet way back in the day. He gave me my first IPTAY sticker and told me to take as many I as I could get and give them to each and everyone (something I now routinely do as I travel the country). This past football season, I had the privledge of hosting him at our tailgate. On this day, he gave me one of his special $2 bills - a special moment that still makes me tear up. We were honored that day as "Tiger Tailgate of the Week" but the real honor was celebrating the day with him and Thad in our "Coast to Coast" Tailgate. I've told Frank many times, I want to be him when I grow up!

Feb 24, 2011, 8:31 AM [ in reply to A very special friend of TigerNet ]

Hey Brian, We had great fun being part of that 632 group with Frank, You, Tommy and Alan. I remember the cookouts on the hibachi on the CU house lawn, a few screwdrivers hear and there, and Beth posing as Tommy that one night. I think, according to Reggie and Tab, that we were the last folks to check out of the Clemson House top floor with Frank being next to last. I still have a picture in my office of the first T-net gathering at the Alumni Center and of some of the other first few events that we put on. Frank is Clemson and is a true friend. We will be praying for and thinking about him.

Feb 24, 2011, 1:45 PM

Yep, that was a lot of fun. I think your family and Frank were the only ones to come visit us. I really wish I could go stay on the 7th floor now. Why did they close it down, are there students there now?

Feb 25, 2011, 10:16 AM

Yep on all, students there now.

Feb 22, 2011, 9:33 PM

Frank Kellers is a true Clemson Gentleman. He will be in our thoughts and prayers. I served with him on the Alumni Council and hope he considers me a friend. Thanks for bringing us up to date on his health situation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ca Tigerman®thanks for scholly link-goes right there.***

Feb 23, 2011, 12:37 PM

Check out links & personal profile of CaTIGERMAN. So great!

Feb 23, 2011, 8:47 PM

Thanks Frank for all you've given to Clemson University over so many years, since 1957 at least.

We are all so much better off from the love, dedication & support you so freely & enthusiastically gave to your beloved Alma Mater.

Mission accomplished Sir; "stand at ease" now, relax and enjoy your fantastic works for Clemson Nation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm assuming the thumbs down was an accident***

Feb 24, 2011, 10:01 AM

From NorCal Clemson Club...

Feb 24, 2011, 1:49 PM

Posting here for the first time in several years on Tigernet...

Us folks out here in NorCal Clemson Club are, of course, greatly saddened to hear this :(

We are trying to get together some Baseball viewing together this spring, and making plans to keep the club going strong. As you might imagine, the challenges of running a "remote" club are a bit different than say the Greenville Clemson Club :)

In all likelyhood, I (Ed Runnion, Clemson BSEE 94 MSEE 96) will be taking over the presidency of NorCal Clemson Club from Frank. It is a position I approach with humility and realizing that there is no way I can "replace" Frank (NO ONE can do that, that's for sure!!), but just do the best I can at it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2011, 2:39 PM

I count myself among the lucky who have met Frank Kellers. I moved to the San Francisco Bay area in January of 2009, with few social contacts in the area. I learned of the NorCal Clemson Alumni group and dropped in for a Basketball game viewing at Frank's house. It was simply amazing to see such a collection of things Clemson. There was very little in the house that was purchased, flags and such. Instead it was photos, awards, autographed memorabilia. It indicated that I was in fact in the home of a remarkable man.

Since then I have been to many of the viewing parties and when it came time to join, I informed Frank that, while my father had been a professor for 32 years, I had not attended Clemson, though I would like to join. He looked at me and said, "If you love Clemson, and have $15 you are welcome in this club."

Best $15 I have ever spent.

A Clemson Man Needs No Introduction

Mar 6, 2011, 9:54 PM

A Clemson Man Needs No Introduction.

No finer son of Clemson will you find than Frank Kellers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

civis Americanus sum

Find the ####### that gave this a thumbs down and ban them for life.***

Feb 24, 2011, 6:33 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic