Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How About a Rematch? You guys need another shot at TCU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

How About a Rematch? You guys need another shot at TCU

Jan 20, 2011, 2:41 AM

First, Tigers, congrats on your top-ten recruiting class...way to snap 'em up.

Maybe you good Southern Gents might want to help us out again in a scheduling crunch...plus seize your chance at revenge on those overrated Horned Frogs.

It seems your team needs a game in 2011, and the Texas Tech Red Raiders elected to back out of their 13 September 2011 game with TCU in Fort Worth.

C'mon, the BBQ and Shiner Bock are on us if you come to Cow Town we'd like to return some of your world class hospitality.

We could even arrange a match in Jerry World if you think our revised stadium is too small to hold all your traveling fans. That is, if you prefer 60-yard-long jumbo-trons... and even if we had to go back to Death Valley, how bad is that for true fans of the college game?

Now let me caution you that we might not be as competitive as last time we met in 2009, since we lose our 4-year starting Senior QB, AND graduate 25 other Seniors this year. However, we will do our best not to be embarrassed. Our first three starting running backs do return, along with a guy on defense name of "Tank" something or other.

What do we have to do to give you guys a rematch? Name it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol

Jan 20, 2011, 3:24 AM

you act like youre the president of the university and will therefor handle all scheduling matters

no need to be rude

Jan 20, 2011, 4:18 AM

I thought it was cool he thought that much of Clemson to come on the board and post this. Certainly no more ridiculous than 90% of what others post here.

i know but theres nothing we can do about our schedule***

Jan 20, 2011, 4:21 AM

Still no reason to be rude...TCU fans are a classy group***

Jan 20, 2011, 6:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure it's not Cootizl?

Jan 20, 2011, 7:27 AM [ in reply to lol ]

Treat our guest s with some courtesy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

He's a coot.***

Jan 20, 2011, 3:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: How About a Rematch? You guys need another shot at TCU

Jan 20, 2011, 5:39 AM

Sounds good but it's up to higher powers.
Love me some Shiner Boch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Love to do it...

Jan 20, 2011, 2:09 PM

Shiner and BBQ is hard to beat.

Jan 20, 2011, 6:05 AM

would love to!i'll get my ad to cotact your ad (or vice-versa)and we'll get this thing scheduled.we can give our new oc a sort of homecoming,and maybe even get a heads-up on a coupla new recruits.

Re: Do We Need Another Game?

Jan 20, 2011, 6:34 AM

I understand that folks don't like playing FCS schools and bottom-feeder FBS teams. But did Auburn back out of their game with us next year that leaves us a game short?

Personally I would love to play TCU and would certainly make the trip back to DFW for it. I just don't think we have a slot in our schedule for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do We Need Another Game?

Jan 20, 2011, 7:42 AM

Actually we do still need a game to complete our schedule. Our OOC games next year are Troy, Auburn, and USC - that makes 11 games. Still looking for that 12th, which knowing TDP's tendencies will probably end up being Furman or The Citadel or another in-state team (read: automatic win, completely worthless snoozefest of a game).

Personally i would LOVE to play TCU again, home or away.

It will probably be a Southern Conference team located in

Jan 20, 2011, 7:51 AM

SC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Jan 20, 2011, 6:55 AM

Sounds good to me. TCU fans seem like a really great group, and I wouldn't mind making that game a regular one. Thanks for stopping by, and congratulations on your recent Rose Bowl victory.

Sold! I would love to go to Dallas for a game...

Jan 20, 2011, 7:20 AM

just don't count on me loving the BBQ there ;)

Nice job by TCU this year, your team is exhibit 1,389 that we need a playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

TCU is actually in Fort Worth. CowTown is better......

Jan 20, 2011, 8:49 AM

than Dallas. Much safer with a lot more to do. I loved it out there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

He said Jerry World, is that not in Dallas?

Jan 20, 2011, 8:55 AM

Honest question, because I really don't know

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Arlington***

Jan 20, 2011, 9:16 AM

Road trip!***

Jan 20, 2011, 7:39 AM

63-17

Our fans won't travel 2 hours to Charlotte.. We suck.***

Jan 20, 2011, 8:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

If we had a product worth spending money for........

Jan 20, 2011, 8:24 AM

we travel well. But last years roller coaster wasn't worth a new years eve without my grandchild who is 16 months

The "product" is the team, the players. No excuse.***

Jan 20, 2011, 8:45 AM

CU TLGTN

Re: The "product" is the team, the players. No excuse.***

Jan 20, 2011, 12:41 PM

please...

Clemson has always traveled well...

the team was horse #### this year and no one wanted to see Cullen Proctor start another game after his antics..

Actually there is an excuse-Dabo***

Jan 20, 2011, 3:12 PM [ in reply to The "product" is the team, the players. No excuse.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We didn't travel to Charlotte because we had no interest in

Jan 20, 2011, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Our fans won't travel 2 hours to Charlotte.. We suck.*** ]

seeing the Kyle Parker show.

Unlikely

Jan 20, 2011, 8:03 AM

The game to be added will have to be a home game for us. But, if you're willing to make the trip again, I would hope that we'd schedule it and would love to see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be sweet

Jan 20, 2011, 8:16 AM

but, no way AD schedules that. Apparently playing Charleston Southern, Wofford or PC in front of 60,000 fans is much better preparation for the team.

Works for me! Party train to Texas!***

Jan 20, 2011, 8:29 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2011, 8:42 AM

I say let's do it. If CU can make it happen would love to come to TX and party.

Jan 20, 2011, 8:45 AM

I would love for Clemson to go play @ TCU. I think we are full in 2011 though with Troy, Wofford, Auburn and SCar for out ooc, but I hope we can make it out there in the next few years.

Thanks for showing interest. I cant say anything bad about TCU... I sure wish you guys could have gotten a crack at the NC. You deserved a shot.

Congrats on the National Championship******

Jan 20, 2011, 9:03 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2011, 9:09 AM

Have your AD call ours. Maybe meet somewhere in the middle. Ya'll hook up your cookers and lets put on the biggest tailgating show ever seen.

LOL 110% behind this idea.***

Jan 20, 2011, 10:03 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uncle Jake Media has designed the TigerNet Donor Badges every year since 2002, and provided many other graphics on the site as well. We are proud to be a Member of the TigerNet Business Network.

Please consider us for all of your web and graphic design needs!

Would LOVE too, but ....

Jan 20, 2011, 9:14 AM

who said TCU was overrated???? I think the Toads are the real deal.

TCU game was one of my favorites in years!

Jan 20, 2011, 9:22 AM

... Just wish we could have pulled out a win. TCU is one of the best programs we have faced in years as well.

I would love if we played again, and in Jerry-dome woul be fantastic. Problem is we will be playing a Cam-less Auburn team that weekend (I think), which already set and not likley to change.

The story line is too attractive for ESPN:
- Auburn's closest game from last year as they sneak out in OT due to a missed FG.
- They went on to win it all, we folded.
- New QBs on both teams, with our new OC who is very close with their OC (both as friends and with styles).
- Several NFL picks gone from the combined rosters, so looking to next supoer-stars on both teams.
*** ESPN Gameday will be all over this ***

Maybe they can work out a different date and make something happen, but bet we both get in-state punching bags for the openings.

I am a Texas , and while I like the challenge this guys puts

Jan 20, 2011, 9:33 AM

down, I REALLY resent the attitude that it presents. This is the kind of $hit that gives Texas the reputation all over the country of being full of $hit. You won't find that attitude in Aggies or Red Raiders. Longhorns? -maybe. Froghorns - apparently.

Will you promise not to bring the rain with you this time?***

Jan 20, 2011, 9:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I approve this recommendation. Now, let's see how far

Jan 20, 2011, 10:00 AM

my approval gets us!

I accept this challenge but thought we already had a home..

Jan 20, 2011, 10:25 AM

and home with you? Liked the post pretty fun and maybe in Texas we will have better weather.

Would love that-last game here was great w/TCU!!***

Jan 20, 2011, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I approve this recommendation. Now, let's see how far ]

Jan 20, 2011, 10:51 AM

UMMMMM!

I vote for this. Always good to get over to Ft Worth.

Jan 20, 2011, 12:43 PM

Even better if the Tigers were in town.

Jan 20, 2011, 6:15 PM

With your coach, I don't think there will be a huge drop off in results for 2011. Would enjoy seeing a rematch sometime.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jan 20, 2011, 7:53 PM

Actually, even an away game for us would be fine. I would not mind having another opportunity to enjoy the Death Valley experience...should have gone in 2009, but wan't swift enough on the uptake to seize the chance.
Now I know what good hosts your school's fans are, That seals the deal for me, if ever there comes that chance again.

I probably will be still paying off taking six to the Rose Bowl, but would go in hock still further to see a game at Clemson. Someone mentioned a party train, and that's how we went (on the Sunset Limited) to Pasadena. I can scratch that off the bucket list...but still would like to see a game at Death Valley and at TA&M as well.

With TTech backing out, we could use a stong program for our home fans. Clemson might like exposure to those Texas recruits too. However, I don't care if the game is on campus at TCU in the rebuilt Amon Carter Stadium, or at Jerry World, in Arlington about 14 miles or so to the east, or (as I said) back in your playpen.

I was just hoping to see what the local vibe was on playing us again, to get a hint at whether there was some chance, slim chance, or no chance at all. Didn't mean to set off anyone over here or to imply that there was any other agenda.Someone on killerfrogs.com said that, among the FBS schools that still needed a game, yours was one. Since we come under criticism of not playing anyone decent, I though of you guys first thing. I don't know of any Frog fan that wishes your program anything but the best...have a prosperous and healthy 2011. Beat the Coots!

I think it's a great idea... would be a great road trip for

Jan 20, 2011, 8:48 PM

Clemson fans!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic