Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You know what's becoming embarrassing?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,862

You know what's becoming embarrassing?

Jan 17, 2011, 5:58 PM

Our fanbase. Never in my life have I seen people who are pro Clemson and speak good about the program get bashed so much. I'll be the first to admit that our football program has not been too great and the results have been subpar. But you guys bash a man who is trying to give you guys hope that better things are on the horizon. Sometimes you guys forget that though David Hood is a Tigenet writer, that he is a Clemson fan first. I sure hope that no one who matters at Clemson ever hears a word you guys say because who would want to play better for a fanbase that is a disgruntled as you clowns. Call me a pumper. Maybe it's best that I'm young (born in 84) and wasn't around for the "glory days". Because then maybe I'd be that old guy sitting at the computer bashing those who love Clemson football for what it is and hope for the best. Anyway, I'm off my soapbox. Let the bashing begin. I don't give a ####!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know what's becoming embarrassing?

Jan 17, 2011, 6:03 PM

I'm one of the old guys, and reckon I'm a pumper too.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Re:I don't believe it is the old guys who are dumping They

Jan 17, 2011, 6:13 PM

are probably the most loyal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you! I am and always have been***

Jan 17, 2011, 6:54 PM

Ditto***

Jan 17, 2011, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what's becoming embarrassing? ]

Didn't mean to bash anyone...Sorry I was in the heat of the

Jan 17, 2011, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: You know what's becoming embarrassing? ]

moment.

Re: Didn't mean to bash anyone...Sorry I was in the heat of the

Jan 17, 2011, 6:23 PM

We all understood and the post made it's point.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Their is positive then there is delusional. Big difference!***

Jan 17, 2011, 6:46 PM

Oops! There not their.***

Jan 17, 2011, 6:46 PM

If he is a fellow Clemson brother, why bash him regardless?

Jan 18, 2011, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Their is positive then there is delusional. Big difference!*** ]

He is determined to look at the glass more than half full while people like only want to see the glass completely empty!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Jan 17, 2011, 6:50 PM

If he would have predicted an ACCC in the next couple years and some top 5 picks and left it at that I would have have enjoyed the article. But to talk about BCSCG and heisman winners. He was drunk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow another one of these post. not played out or anything.***

Jan 17, 2011, 7:00 PM

Yeah well I could've started the post out with in the 2024..

Jan 17, 2011, 7:03 PM

But that's pretty played too. I actually only saw one other post that stood up for the article. Maybe I'm wrong...Sorry if giving my opinion is played out.

Jan 17, 2011, 7:36 PM

I hope that these dumpers are in the minority of Clemson fans. It's hard to imagine that a true fan of this great university could even think some of the things they are writing. The whinning and wanting to fire everyone after a few losses is just pathetic. The entire fall they called for the heads of Dabo and TDP. They still work for Clemson and as far I can see are doing a good job. Do they really think that the depressing drival that they post on here is read by anyone other than us?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2011, 12:02 AM

not trying to be a dumper or anything but you honestly think Dabo did a good job coaching this year?

because Dabo himself disagrees with you..

Good post!***

Jan 17, 2011, 8:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Relax. If he's truly a senior writer I think he can take

Jan 18, 2011, 1:25 AM

a little criticism. It was a fantasy piece that sounded more reminiscent of something the "next year" school would bring up. He just took it a touch far, in my opinion. I don't think David Hood is embarrassing, just the article I read on the front page of tigernet. I don't like most of the vitriolic language about fellow tigers on here myself. Also, I especially don't like it when people use the word 'pumper' to describe others or themselves. I find that generalization offensive and lazy.

Jan 18, 2011, 6:00 AM

You know what else is embarrassing? Our younger fans.
I have seen our fan base become rude and destructive to other schools and other schools fans. I have seen them trash visitor parking lots. grab and shove opposing teams fans, berate, throw and curse other teams fans. it is really sad what the younger generation of Clemson fan has become.

Uh... I'm not one of the "younger" fans, but I have seen

Jan 18, 2011, 10:32 AM

just as many "older" fans act inappropriately at sporting events as the younger ones...

Ignorance knows no age limit!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Amen younger brother!***

Jan 18, 2011, 10:29 AM

Jan 18, 2011, 10:45 AM

I am one of your "old Guys" born in 1944 and graduated december 1966. And I agree with you 100%

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,862
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic